The Ketchum Report (Continued)

Guest Admin

Guest njjohn

lol Tyler, I do agree with you. I haven't ever argued that Ketchum study is accurate or that you're has been wrong. I've asked questions to fill blanks in my mind. I would argue the same about her dating methods. This was just about the dating process which I agree jumped a bit off topic. When I look at all those A's B's and C's... I'm reminded of basic skills tests way back in grammar and high school days and it makes my head hurt.

I will argue that when science makes assumptions on unknowns (much like Ketchum expects us to by not releasing all the data), it's hard to buy without questions.

That's great. I'm glad you won your case. That being said, I still don't know what you're talking about, unless you mean bringing up someone's past criminal record because they were stupid enough to lie about it on the stand.

that had nothing to do with it, there were no criminal acts involved on either side, sorry you don't understand what i'm talking about guess you didn't have to learn that, but to the original point, Claiming this whole study is wrong, then any data in the study that matches future studies will be used to discredit them.

l

Justin retrieved the sample from the snow... his wife did the transporting to the post office... where is the conflict here?

Go back and listen to the interview you have a conflict in your story. In the show it was stated Justin took Pictures before it was Mailed to Melba.

Question:

If Justin hunted bears so much. Why couldn't he tell bear hair and flesh from another animals. Seems kinda odd to me since he "killed" bears many times.

Tyler,

I am not debating your Piece that you tested. But you are debating only 1 sample. I get it yours came out as bear. I am glade you believe Justin and will defend and what he has said. Doesn't mean we have to believe he didn't lie to you.

you all seem to say well Melba is lieing but you refuse to believe Justin does. You all say well Melba said this or that. I have even explained to here that this mysterious e-mail that you all have can be shown with out Melba's permission. Unless you signed some kind of NDA with Melba.

But anyway this is not about the sierra kills this is about Melba report. You don't like her report great we get it. Your group makes fun of everyone scientist who backs her findings. And all we hear from the Sierra Kill group is well these unkown PHDs looked at it and laughed. ~shrugs~

right now I will wait to see more information for me it is neither proof nor is it proven false because of what you get.

I did indeed, although as we discussed, I would prefer future payments be made in cash installments under $10K for tax purposes.

Care to site your source for that?

Keeping those payments under 10K is called "smurfing"! It Is a Federal Crime and under the guidelines you will be in a federal slammer. How about talking Bigfoot on this thread.

If I am not mistaken independent review By experts (not graduate students) is still pending. I'll wait for that to publish before commenting on the merits of Dr. Ketchum's published peer reviewed paper. If I am wrong in my belief that it is correct I will be the first to so comment on this forum. By the way, this forum is the the first place I go before CNN. Lol. We should all plan to meet somewhere if and when the species is proved by whomever, perhaps in Vegas so we can see each other face to face over a drink. That would be quite a fun meeting.

So in the Ketchum Interview she describes the DNA of the Unkown being along the Lemur line. This is actually intresting.

People have described bigfoots of having "Eye Shine" from the Wiki on Lemurs

Most lemurs have retained the tapetum lucidum, a reflective layer of tissue in the eye, which is found in many vertebrates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemur

So going down that path would make more sense since we know gorilla's and other apes do not have the Tapetum Lucidum.

Just something to think about I think.

BFF Patron

We've already thought about it, ApeHuman brought up the suggestion weeks ago before Ketchum's interview produced lemur..... or before anyone else publically commented on it here after reading the paper.

People that have seen the eyeglow have thought about it for years, so yes it is interesting and inconclusive until peer review shows that there is fidelity to Ketchum's research.

So in the Ketchum Interview she describes the DNA of the Unkown being along the Lemur line. This is actually intresting.

People have described bigfoots of having "Eye Shine" from the Wiki on Lemurs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemur

So going down that path would make more sense since we know gorilla's and other apes do not have the Tapetum Lucidum.

Just something to think about I think.

Cath I appreciate your enthusiasm and undying optimism, but you are so late on so many of these topics already discussed in this thread....I posted the LMH story the day it aired...and the lemur stuff repeatedly..even in this thread ...go back a few pages.. and I personally don't want to engage with you so don't expect responses...you are wearing me out!

I admire people who do read the thread before entering and talking...and I guilty of not doing that on a few occasions ..and now I see why one should, always! This one was too long...but the recent cut down as section 2...not......

LOL wonder if Mods or Admin ever think about summarizing this thread..!

There is an eyeshine thread also....

Gosh Bipedal I think that is amazing you remember that and said so..lol this will be my claim to fame, I thought about this! And a few hundred others. And my fame should last about three minutes here!! lol you are plussed!

a member here sent them to me and I find them exciting...one identifies one area that is associate with night vision..and the other theorizes that those visual systems are more flexible genetically than we have considered.... so if anyone has free access to any of these and wants to forward a copy i will accept it with a thank you!

http://onlinelibrary....20957/abstract and http://www.pnas.org/...2/41/14712.full

Edited by apehuman

Guest Tyler H

Go back and listen to the interview you have a conflict in your story. In the show it was stated Justin took Pictures before it was Mailed to Melba.

Question:

If Justin hunted bears so much. Why couldn't he tell bear hair and flesh from another animals. Seems kinda odd to me since he "killed" bears many times.

Tyler,

I am not debating your Piece that you tested. But you are debating only 1 sample. I get it yours came out as bear. I am glade you believe Justin and will defend and what he has said. Doesn't mean we have to believe he didn't lie to you.

you all seem to say well Melba is lieing but you refuse to believe Justin does. You all say well Melba said this or that. I have even explained to here that this mysterious e-mail that you all have can be shown with out Melba's permission. Unless you signed some kind of NDA with Melba.

But anyway this is not about the sierra kills this is about Melba report. You don't like her report great we get it. Your group makes fun of everyone scientist who backs her findings. And all we hear from the Sierra Kill group is well these unkown PHDs looked at it and laughed. ~shrugs~

right now I will wait to see more information for me it is neither proof nor is it proven false because of what you get.

• Yes, Justin took a picture of it in his hand... His wife mailed the package... how is there a conflict?
  • I sent pictures of Justin's "steak" to no less than 5 accomplished taxidermists. I got conclusions of everything from bear, to elk to wolf, to buffalo. Looking at a piece of hide, out of context, is EXTREMELY inconclusive.
  • Yes, I have a few emails from Melba - as I'm in Canada, I have even less to fear as to any legral reprisal. But I don't feel like breaking people's expectations of privacy, unless they OK it. Same reason I have not posted emails from Trent U.
  • You are absolutely right - I don't think that I would believe that Justin hasn't lied to me, if I were in your shoes.
  • I have always said that I can only comment on Justin's sample. But the tiny bit of data that Melba has released for her three genomes (which you would assume, is the most compelling areas of DNA that she has available) can fairly clearly be shown to be poorly vetted. Melba needs to make all the data available.
  • When you say 'my group makes fun of every scientist who backs her report' can you please give me more than 1 name (who seemed to only give a tacit, qualified, noncommittal nod about the fact that testing was indeed done).
  • DID YOU LOOK AT THE PDF I POSTED? I will post it again.

why am I still kicking at barking dogs?

visual representation of contamination Genbank results.pdf

Edited by Tyler H

Matt Moneymaker knew all along this was going to end bad. He could tell something wasn't right from the begining. Proving once again that he doesn't see a Squatch behind every tree...Especially Melba's tree.

Guest WldHrtRnch

Plussed AH, very prudent indeed, for a new member to read, garner the topics and debates discussed, before jumping in and posting repeat information.

Matt Moneymaker knew all along this was going to end bad. He could tell something wasn't right from the begining. Proving once again that he doesn't see a Squatch behind every tree...Especially Melba's tree.

ahhh lol edited and deleted comment b/c I need to get stuff done today, and any response will tie me to this computer! gracias and adios and if I could delete this entirely i would and admins feel free to do so!

Edited by apehuman

Yes, Justin took a picture of it in his hand... His wife mailed the package... how is there a conflict?

Tyler the timing of it. They timing was explained 2 different ways on the show and the paper.

Yes I read the paper and again yes I get your sample came out this way. By the lab you had tested it.

Again I am not 100% sure as you said if you were in our shoes not knowing Justin like you claim that he could have done something different with yours or Melba's

I also am curious how Melba extracted it. I am not giving her a pass either.

Well excuse me for posting AH and WLD

So you didn't need to comment did you if you felt you already rehashed it.

Heck you could have just posted the Link to your response but what ever.

Well excuse me for posting AH and WLD

So you didn't need to comment did you if you felt you already rehashed it.

Heck you could have just posted the Link to your response but what ever.

Anyone is welcome to post Cath....that's what brings us here right? Sharing information and a good debate that might ensue from it......however, for such a long thread as this, it would be prudent for a newcomer to read through the entirety of it before posting. Some discussions have been talked into the ground just about and it grows tiresome to rehash or discuss the same conclusions or points made days or weeks ago.

I haven't really posted on this thread, but have been more of a silent observer. I will go back to my Saturday cartoons now. lol

Edited by simplyskyla