Bigfoots Just Want The Organs Of A Deer?

Did you inspect the deer bodies for any odd looking hairs i.e., not deer hairs.....

Yes and I did not find nothing unsual besides the meat being ripped off and not cut away. I have talked to other hunters of having their shot deer missing and i also talked to one who once posted on here from Michigan who was shook up from these creatures. In a way I do understand where Moneymaker is coming from and what he has heard. He is not alone in his theories even though he has turned his expiditions into a buisness. But there is alot more to these creatures that we do not understand and understanding what they eat is a good start

I don’t get the twisted leg thing, is he implying that BF somehow grabs the leg of a passing deer twists it rendering it immobile so as to snap the neck easily? A rear leg maybe but I’ve seen a 3 legged deer(damaged front) run and it was keeping up with the rest of the heard ok.

It could also be a side effect of BF grabbing an already fleeing deer by said leg. Momentum would result in the leg naturally twisting/dislocating.

Does anyone know if it's primarily front or rear legs that are found twisted?

I would also like to know how all these kills have broken necks?

In Africa, when a lion takes down a four legged animal it instinctively goes for the neck first, but does this break the neck?

http://www.lionlamb.us/lion/lionfact.html

Once a lion has selected an animal to attack, it will sprint to it and attempt to grab hold of it. Lions are not endurance runners, and need to be fairly close to their faster quarries. Often several individuals will assist in making the kill. Making a kill is generally done in two stages: first, bring the animal down, then actually kill it. In most cases, this process starts by a lion jumping onto the back of the selected prey animal, and working it's way towards the neck. It will use it's needle-sharp claws to hold onto the animal while doing this. Many animals who are sucessful in escaping being killed will undoubtedly later die from the severe lacerations inflicted by the sharp claws.

The most frequently used killing method is suffocation. A single lion will often get a good bite on it's victim's throat, and crush the windpipe. Especially when killing large prey, one lion of a group will clamp it's mouth over it's victim's nose and mouth while the other lions hold it down. It is not unusual for the other lions to open the abdomen and begin eating while the animal is still being suffocated. In fact, this often kills the animal faster than the suffocation does. (Interestingly enough, the victim rarely struggles after it is brought down. This is probably due to the shock of being caught, and suggests that they may not be suffering as much as you might be led to believe. Some people also believe that lions are capable of 'projecting a thought' into the prey to help it suffer less.) Sometimes, a large group of hungry lions will so completely immobilize an animal that they just simply tear it apart. Although it may seem that lions sometimes try to 'humanely' dispatch their prey, the real reason they like fast kills is that they can start eating sooner.

A variety of other techniques are occasionally used to make the kill. A well-placed swat with their massive paws can also instantly immobilize an animal by doing considerable internal damage. Very small prey is killed by simply biting through it. A more spectacular killing method, often seen on nature shows, involves leaping on the prey's back and biting the back of the neck. The big canine teeth slip between the vertebrae and break the spinal cord. Death is immediate. A few observers have recorded lions hooking their paws around the neck in such a way as to immobilize the head while flipping the body over. This breaks the neck, and kills the prey, although few if any broken necks have actually been observed.

Mountain lions (aka Cougars) often kill by breaking the neck:

http://wildlife.state.co.us/WildlifeSpecies/Profiles/Mammals/Pages/MountainLion.aspx

Cougars hunt by stealth, often pouncing on prey from a tree or rock overhanging a game trail. The deer is often killed cleanly with a broken neck.

Guest JiggyPotamus

See this are exactly the types of comments that give people who know no better the sense that these guys are frauds, or nuts, lol. Comments like MM's on organs seem completely random and speculative, but if you are familiar with the research of this field, and are familiar with a bulk of sighting reports, you would recognize that there are things that point to this being true. There have been a handful of reports attesting to the idea that sasquatch specifically pursue the nutritionally superior portions of an animal first, which seems to be certain organs, like the liver.

Other membes have given us the rundown on why an animal like sasquatch would do something like this, and explain why the organs would be good from a nutritional standpoint. There have also been carcasses found that were missing organs, but otherwise left intact. I believe there are also cases, at least one, of remains being found without specific organs, with the cause of death fitting the sasquatch MO...Which is a broken neck. Another indicative characteristic of a sasquatch kill on a deer body is broken legs. It seems that is the method of taking them down if they are on the run, which suggests sasquatch actually tries to chase them down, and then by grabbing the neck and twisting it the sasquatch ends the chase and retrieves its reward.

I have often stated my belief that deer are nowhere near the primary food source for sasquatch, and even if they do eat raw deer meat, I don't think they do it often. So it would make sense to me that they would only go after the organs at certain times of the year, probably winter, when they need the extra nutritional value. Or something similar to that. I just do not think they constantly kill deer, like multiple times per week. Rather, I think that a sasquatch would kill no more than one deer per week, if that many. I would bet they would go after smaller game much more often for their protein needs, but I think another major factor is how many animals comprise the family group. If we are talking about a lone squatch, I would not expect it to go after deer all that often.

And I also think that the organs are sort of like a delicacy. Chasing down a deer is a lot of work, even for an animal as fast as a bigfoot, who is especially quick because of its long stride. So to expend this much energy, especially if the failure rate is high, it would have to be worth it. There are reports of them working together to catch large prey, and even multiple first hand sighting reports of this occuring, which to my mind means that sasquatch are not all that adept at singlehandedly procuring large game. I say this because if it were super easy to chase down a deer, they would not need to work in pairs or groups, utilizing their intelligence, and could simply use brute speed and strength. This is all highly speculative, and although some of these ideas are logical, it would not surprise me if I were wrong.

Especially on the idea that sasquatch do not intake all that much meat. If they only ate the organs, then obviously they would have to kill many deer or other large animals to meet their protein requirements. I say this because they are so muscular, one would think they would need a large protein intake. But then again, look at gorillas. They are very muscular, and do not seem to intake very much protein. All apes are muscular actually, although you mostly only see that fact if they do not have a lot of hair.

The presumption that BF must need a lot of protein because they are large animals is of course not really valid as there are many large and muscularly powerful animals that are herbivores however I agree with a lot of Jiggypotomus' perspectives. I would also say that it's not necessary to presume that in order to catch deer that BF must run them down. There are habitats, like open plains and savannah where running an animal down is the best way but for those creature which become forest dwellers, or one residing in steep aspect mountainside, the best way is ambush for which stealth and intelligence is required, both of which we attribute in abundance to BF. Cheers

So, what is the staple of this primate that requires 10K calories a day?

There doesn't seem to be a "staple". The available evidence suggests that BF is an opportunistic omnivore.

I'd like to know where you get your 10K calorie figure. Seems a bit high to me, but easily do-able. Bears require between 5-7K calories/day when they are in the run-up to hibernation and are easily able to obtain that and more.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/black-bear-prepare-to-hibernat-1/57684

Yellowstone bears can consume as much as 20K calories/day just of moths found under rocks in the right season.

http://www.yellowstonepark.com/2011/06/yellowstone-grizzly-bears-eat-40000-moths-a-day-in-august/

Again, no problems for BF on the obtaining calories front.

For an animal as smart and physically capable as this one appears to be, the NA backcountry is a cornucopia.

Never mind farms and ranches that will never report they are losing stock to an eight-foot ape.

Never mind that the vast majority of the nutritive material of temperate forests is composted uneaten. (Why they are "forests.")

When it comes to calories and protein, I would think that Bigfoot grow large because of their genetics and hormone production, not necessarily because they prey on game animals.

Anytime I think of diets for squatch, I try to relate it to another top predator, the bear.

Bear on a salmon run will eat the whole thing, until they are fat n happy. At that point they just eat roe or guts and leave the flesh alone.

Similarly the idea is that squatch will eat just the insides and leave the flesh. A repeat of something done in nature by other existing animals.

What makes researchers in the field believe it's a squatch is the lack of bite marks, claw marks associated with known animals.

Whether it's a 10k or 20k calorie diet a day, if a bear can do it then why not a squatch?

Hmmmm my understanding is that while the fish are plentiful bear are selective about what parts they eat .When the run starts to thin out they eat it all .

http://www.lionlamb....n/lionfact.html

Mountain lions (aka Cougars) often kill by breaking the neck:

http://wildlife.stat...untainLion.aspx

Thank you - I was going to post similar information until I saw you already did. It never ceases to amaze me how people will write paragraph after paragraph about what they "know" BF does, yet ask questions and readily admit that they are not familiar with other, well known, well documented animals. I've seen it happen with bears and now lions.

If you don't understand the related web of the natural world where these creature reportedly live, how can you begin to think you can understand BF and how they fit into that world?

[Edited because sometimes funny things happen, and one should see them as opportunities.]

We are discussing on another thread this report from AR.

http://bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=37862

On that thread...[continue]

I asked the relevant question:

Is the means of getting into the carcass and what was taken consistent with what is known from other animals?

For mountain lions that would be No. This guy had never had a kill scavenged or stolen before; mountain lions generally like their meat as fresh as they can get it, i.e., they don't scavenge.

Not to mention there isn't a heck of a whole lot more evidence of mountain lions in AR than there is for sasquatch.

("But we confirmed them" - and inidividuals have been - is logically irrelevant, when authorities won't take step one to confirm sasquatch, and there's more sign for sasquatch.)

There is more than sufficient evidence - the animal was not dragged and there were no signs of struggle, nor of claw or bite marks, both of which would have been evident if a cat had done it - that something else did it to make that question wide open - and a cougar not the most likely suspect.

(Now I should go to that thread and put this up LOL!)

Edited by DWA