Share A Picture Or Experience From The Outdoors

Guest tracker

Guest crabshack

One of my favored places, Loyalsock creek in Sullivan county, Pennsylvania.

post-18736-0-56135700-1357339682_thumb.j

Edited by crabshack

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BastetsCat

Don't know about aspen per se, willow bark has the salicylates in it that aspirin is derived from as I remember.

Aspen, willow, and Birch all have pain relievers in them. Birch is the best and is comprible to Helichrysum, strawflower. Young living makes a product that used to be out of birch and it is a topical pain reliever...now it is helichrysum.

I have heard stories of binding a broken limb with a sheet of aspen bark to keep the injured pain free. Was told it works vice versa with Birch.

Willow bark is usually used as a tea, to my knowledge.

Guest SwampApe12

Took this photo of the moon I took a couple months back

Second photo I took: Not Squatch type territory but one of my favorite places (Maine)

post-22119-172133_thumb.jpg

post-22119-873429_thumb.jpg

Edited by SwampApe12

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Cervelo

Finally got to get out for a little hike close to home, saw a few cool things

This is an old farm site based on the amount of mechanical stuff discarded in the area.

Cervelo, have you found more than one of these unique structures and I'm assuming flowing water would not have done this. That is an weirdish looking structure for sure.

Guest Cervelo

Since this site is an old farm of some type and still hunted by whoever owns it. I'm thinking it's just how the wood from clearing an area has been piled up for later use.

But having worked at a few farms and hunted many across Va I've never seen this before.

Both give me the impression that things are being added or taken off....there was a feather added to the older pile 2nd pic and it was deliberately placed for sure!

This site has extremely limited access by the owners, one way in and out.

For trespassers like me it's an hr hike or a swamp crossing thru more private property to get to this site.

All most likley human hand at work but it is fun to check it out every now and then, its my old stomping grounds from my youth :)

• 10 months later...
Guest Cervelo

And of course at least one weird thing....

FF09C7BC-4A63-4629-BAC3-470723D6BEC6.jpg

This was about 100yrds off trail on a fairly steep slope, it looks like its been there since before fall...leaves had filled in depression that the dirt came from....any thoughts?

Looks like the dirt clump that comes up after a tree has fallen down. 

Edited by WV FOOTER
Remove Quoted Preceding Post

Took advantage of yesterday's unseasonably warm weather to walk the husky around a lake near my house when I ran in to the following structure.

post-21854-0-40602900-1388324761_thumb.j

post-21854-0-76988600-1388324890_thumb.j

post-21854-0-94451500-1388324985_thumb.j

Sorry for the upside pic.  For the life of me I cannot figure out why it is doing this as it is correct in all views of it on my PC and it stays flipped over here even when I flip it and save it.

Those two logs making the X probably weigh over 1,000 pounds as I could not budge them.  To lift them and place them in that location would take a team of men or heavy equipment.  The location was deep in the woods so heavy equipment can be ruled out.  I suppose they could have fallen that way but the chances of them breaking off the trunk, splitting in half, and bouncing back and up to land that way would be a 1 in a million shot.  The tree's canopy makes a great little cover area in case anybody wanted to bed down there for the night.  Loys of signs of deer activity and a couple very angry squirels were the only signs of life.  

That is my Husky Chase in the pics with me.

Happy New Year

Guest Cervelo

That's a happy dog!

The dirt pile had no rootball in it or tree nearby.

It was definitely an intentionally dug hole, just not sure what the purpose was.