Government's Plausible Deniability?

Gotta Know

BFF Patron

She is prob. more likely in trouble from hypothermia, thirst, sunburn, cougar, bear and human rogues than BF........IMHO.

That and chiggers, mosquitoes, ticks and poison ivy.   

At least that fanny pack will limit the sunburn if she is in exposed meadows and such.  j/k

Hopefully the SAR will find her holed up in a cave......  or near a stream following her way out with that compass. 

Maybe it had something to do with the new moon celebrations? 

http://www.kptv.com/story/22543295/hundreds-ride-naked-on-night-of-new-moon

Guest wudewasa

Having been privy to the Lakota Hanbleceya (vision quest) ceremony, understand that there is a great deal of preparation in advance to the actual act of going to the mountain.  People guide and wait in the area in case that the person needs help.  Support is paramount.

I doubt that this woman went about her experience in a traditional way.

So, physical and mental problems occur and escalate when this individual is most likely dehydrated, hypothermic and lacking in nutrition. 

Death by exposure is an unfortunate reality in this situation.  I wish that there were folks in mainstream American society that could have guided her on her spiritual journey.  Young people search for an identity today and sometimes end up in bad situations such as this. 

Hopefully this will help some folks understand.  This is meant to promote cultural understanding and should not be construed with anything religious.

Edited by wudewasa

That location is a popular camp spot 4-5 miles west of Trapper Wilderness, maybe 10 miles east of the Chelatchie Prairie Ranger Station and immediately on the creek. The good news is the FS 54 road is heavily traveled by people short-cutting between Chelatchie Praire and Carson. It is probably clear of snow so I suspect a vehicle going through every 15-30 minutes. Great bike ride. People are definitely the threat. 

PS. It may be in the low 40's up there this morning. The actual canyon bottom where the camp is doesn't see much sun.

PPS. Lots of logging roads all round the area except right down in the canyon. 54 runs along the creek till it changes watersheds.

Edited by HOLDMYBEER

I recall an episode of Ted Talks where this Primatologist explained that Bonobo's tended to have Sex like we do but far less privately and as a part of their social behavior. So whether Squatch is like us with less inhibitions or like Bonobo's, I think it is a very bad joice for women, particularly alone, to go about naked in the woods.

Do Sasquatch have 'relations' frequently? Very likely.

Do they have them more publicly than we do, like the Bonobos? Also very likely. 

Are those relations ever not consensual? Extremely unlikely. 

Thanks to Margaret Mead, it is well known -- among anthropologists, at least -- that, in cultures where people are not taught to feel shame about their bodies, rape is essentially nonexistent.

And Bigfoot are people. People who, in the main, respect territorial and personal boundaries.  

JiggyPotamus' post points to that. The story Scott Carpenter published points to that. My many visits to the woods, alone -- and my many return trips from those woods -- and the many such visits of women all over the country, and their safe return -- all point to that.  

Human women are safer with Sasquatch males than with males of their own 'kind'. 

That is the sad truth. 

Edited to add: Sorry, SY! I didn't mean to come off so strongly in response to you, in particular. I just think that we all love to be afraid too much, and I'm always happy to offer a point of view that doesn't support that love of ours.  :)

Edited by LeafTalker

I was lost overnight and it was hell. 38 degrees, shorts and (thank God) a shirt with hiking boots. Near hypothermic in AM. Kept warm by breathing into shirt. Was getting water saturated by AM. Barely made it. Could not stand the thought of another night. She is not going to make an overnight.

If I was lost now, I would Bobo or Moneymaker alot. Wail, and mainly crack a tree with a large branch. (I hope all BFers know this by now)- The group I was with had cars/horns but nobody thought of that. I was pissed. Search and rescue followed my trail, (I circled perfectly) and almost made it back to camp, but was 100 yards short.

Do Sasquatch have 'relations' frequently? Very likely.

I doubt they are like the Bobos that have sex to maintain social harmony.

Bobos are the freaks of the chimp world anyway. Most chimps and gorillas follow an alpha male pattern with war/territory. BF seem to follow a monogamous pattern with one or 2, 2 seems common, squatch-ees.

ALWAYS take a compass, emergency blanket, 2 lighters, matches, water, water tablets, light poncho, whistle when hiking minimum, no matter where. And tell people at the quarter hours to LISTEN for knocks, whistles etc. if lost. But, a good tree knock is going to sound for a couple hundred yards at least.

Another guy the month before got lost, but with jacket and lighter (and snow on the ground). He was way better off. They clearcut alot of that old-growth forest anyway, and it was amazing rainforest-fairlyland old growth. :wild:

Also is BF terrritory in Southern Co!

Edited by BigGinger
To Remove Inappropriate Content

I hope she returns safe.

I hope they take the tracking dogs upstream along both sides and cross the area between the last known tracks and nearest road.

We are told of potential BF danger from NA reports. While the most likely danger is human, animal predators, snakes, elements etc searchers should consider all possibilities.

Wudewasa, thank you for sharing the clip. We are so used to looking at things quickly in the modern world. This clip demonstrates a different way to look at and interact with things.

Gotta know, I strongly suspect some in the Gov't know of BF and take no action to reveal the truth.

Guest VioletX

I am hoping she will be found, am picturing her taking some magic"mushrooms", wandering off and now trying to get back...

Edited by VioletX

First off I'm going to say I hope she is found safe, and learned a lesson along the way.

Now, she is an absolute idiot.  Wondering off naked into the woods, alone - she deserves whatever happens to her.  Hypothermia, poison ivy/oak/nettles, critters, sharp rocks, cuts, unstable terrain, sunburn, bug bites - there are a lot of things that can be mitigated by wearing the proper attire.  This is the reason that man started wearing clothes thousands of years ago.  These people want to go on some spiritual quest (I've known a few people who have done this) without really knowing much about the woods and what's in them.  Survival is possible, but from the sounds of it she may not be bright enough to know what to do.

She didn't tell anyone when she planned on returning.  Why would her brother allow her to leave alone under those conditions?  Must run in the family.

SSR Team

Of course the Government knows they exist.

There is no possible way that they don't.

We are talking about America.

They even know what websites you're surfing on at lunchtime..;)

Plausible deniability ... why do I hear an echo of David Paulides' inability to get records regarding disappearances even under the freedom of information act?   Missing 411 .... + 1?

I doubt it, but y' never know ... unless you KNOW.   "And them what knows ain't talkin'."

MIB