Government's Plausible Deniability?

Gotta Know

Admin

KB, is she still working for the BFRO?

Guest wudewasa

hmmm.....a 19 yo going into the wilderness on a naked spiritual quest......

sounds like a case of Darwin's theory of natural selection at work and I am a fan of letting nature take its course in situations like this.....

Yes, and there are the parents, friends and loved ones of that 19 year old, along with the SAR folks and their dogs that could give a rat's rear about Darwin's theory right now. 

She made a very stupid choice, we understand it, but she didn't try to purposely hurt anyone in the process. 

I have spent my life mentoring and helping young people, and this was a good kid who was very naïve.  Show some respect.

Unless you have been involved in something like this, you most likely will never understand. 

^^  This isn't a 13 or 14 yo kid.   This is an adult on a 'spiritual quest'.....who are you or anyone else to interfere with that process for that individual? 

Reminds me of the poor lost hiker couple a few months ago that were hopelessly lost about 1 mile from their car due to disorientation brought about by dehydration....only to later find the meth in the car.

I have been involved in many searches over the years in different scenarios involving altzheimers seniors, small kids, down syndrome teens, etc.  Those were all situations where the lost individual didn't have ultimate control of their 'choice'.  This spiritual quest should end with a bill for the cost of the SAR operation.

Edited by Titleist1

BFF Patron

^ Agreed on the search process and need for reimbursement if person found alive.  Not so sure about sending the family a bill if found deceased or never found. .  

Though I don't do it professionally I have been involved in searches .....  can remember one Alzheimer's patient involved that happened to be an MD ........   found him laying under a large hanging deadfall tree-trunk in an open old logging road.  Not seriously injured but maybe some bruises and twisted ankle.   I was very relieved that his loved ones didn't have to wonder about him being cold and wet in the forest overnight as a huge thunderstorm ensued immediately during and shortly after evacuation.  

Wude has pretty much stated parameters that should be followed on a vision quest and done it quite comprehensively I might add.  Sounds like she was on public property and not private property.  

Point of entrance, travel route, point of exit should prob. be well known or at least approximated with advanced guidance.  I still think something sounds fishy about the whole story. 

Edited by bipedalist

Guest LarryP

Point of entrance, travel route, point of exit should prob. be well known or at least approximated with advanced guidance.  I still think something sounds fishy about the whole story. 

Do you remember this guy?

Carl Stayner (aka/ The Yosemite Killer) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cary_Stayner

During the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta I came face to face with him in a dark side alley at night as he came out of a Port-o-let about a 1/4 mile from Centenial Park.

His eyes were pure evil.

Let's hope she didn't run into someone like him.

Sorry all, I didn't look at this thread yesterday. BP, no NDA....heck I didn't even know what that was back then!  The stories she shared with me were personal stories of some of her investigations that opened my eyes at that point to the fact they were all over GA. I didn't know back then they were even here until all of the strange stuff was going on and I found the tracks. Some you can read about in the reports sections in the BFRO. Here are 2 of the stories; http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=28526

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=17089

The most interesting were reports around my area and the ones seen by members of the military. Of the stories, she would not go into any details of the government knowing except that she said the military has known about them for a while and even had bodies from Mt St Helen's. I think that was already a story on the internet so I don't know if she had first hand knowledge or not. I was still very new to this and everything she told me was very interesting. As far as still working for the BFRO, I think she does a few reports now but has since relocated to the Colorado area.

KB

Guest wudewasa

^^  This isn't a 13 or 14 yo kid.   This is an adult on a 'spiritual quest'.....who are you or anyone else to interfere with that process for that individual? 

The huge majority of 19 year olds that I have worked with still act a lot like goofy kids.  They are idealists who have much to learn about life.  The people of her generation have a HUGE disconnect with the natural world, having experienced it through Discovery Channel, movies and video games, all fantastic constructs that lend nothing to the beauty and brutality of an outdoor experience.

American culture is young and inexperienced as well.  It has no rite of passage, so young people have a difficult time understanding who they are.  This young woman embarked on her own ritual of self discovery, and had no elders to guide her.  It's dysfunction upon dysfunction. 

Military, first responders, firefighters, police, etc., put their safety on the backburner to help their fellow humans.  The heroism of 911 says it all.  It's the same with those searching for this woman.  You either do it or you don't.

As a wilderness first responder (WFR) and an eagle scout, I've stepped into a number of situations to help people and will never regret my choices.  Some made very stupid mistakes, like the woman who fell off a waterfall while trying to walk across it.  She landed on a ledge and we had to lower her to the bottom on a litter after treating her compound fracture that she sustained. The extraction took 12 hours with many of us standing in cold mountain water, along with a rain shower that popped up.  At one point, our evacuation pack fell into the pool at the bottom.  I had to wade in to find it, and if it wasn't for my dog who pointed it out, I'd have been in there a lot longer.  While carrying the litter, a group stumbled into a yellow jacket nest.  One problem after another.

The article that I posted a few pages back addresses the need to reimburse the SAR groups so that they can continue to function.  I get that.

Yet the one who truly understood compassion that night was my dog.  When the soaked, stung and exhausted members of the team finally removed the woman from the waterfall and lowered the litter to the ground, my dog walked over to her and began licking her face, as she could tell that the patient was in a great level of pain and discomfort. 

How much money does one charge for such a service rendered?

• Upvote 2