Suspicious Activity Around The House

Guest shady grove

like wood ape isn't a ridiculous name? ha...depends on your demographic I guess...or what you think BFs are... I am inclined to a H erectus descendant...and so wood ape points elsewhere....perhaps paranthopus...but, I am leaning heavily toward more human than not....bi-pedal takes me there for starters!

... I think that term actually seems hicky-backwoods...and regional, and reinforces the dumb, rural (and especially Southern), stereotype already played to the hilt....

my little Papillion is the only dog i took, and a normally vocal shrill barker....he reverted to low growls, but did not appear too upset...the woods were all new to him..BF or deer, it was pretty much an unknown to his nose.

Edited by apehuman

Wood ape?

BIG FOOT?

I actually tend to think that wood ape is less campy.

Not to mention I think we should leave the pickiness over technical species classification until after we have a type specimen in hand.

For all we know now it could be 3 leprechauns in a gorilla suit.

Just say'n

The more I see "wood ape," the better it looks.

Words do mean things; and "sasquatch" and "bigfoot" designate something people snicker at.

I actually snickered at that argument at first.  I actually didn't mid "squatch" at first.

I think maybe I was wrong.

Am I the only one who's voice drops down a few decibels when uttering the word "Bigfoot" in public?

Kind of like the same way your voice lowers when you tell the gas station attendant "you are out of toilet paper".

I'm completely good with wood ape.

I am not sure what term I like but can see where BF or Squatch is an instant cue in a lot of minds.

As I said, everyone knows their own dog best. So yes, apehuman...I think in your case there was so much new stimuli as to render any reaction your little guy had as inconclusive. But when a Lab/Chow mix that was rescued from the street and is a very "street smart" dog ...that has spent more time outside than inside due to his own preference....who normally wants to eat people for lunch other than a small handful of people he actually likes.......suddenly does a 180, he has my full attention. In ten plus years of living with him I have never seen him afraid of ANYTHING(except thunderstorms...LOL). And yet one night about a month ago, I walked by the patio door to see him laid up against it as close as he could get. Curious, I walked over and let him in and he shot by me and straight to the kitchen where he sat in the middle of the floor and whined. I grabbed a flashlight and told him, "Come on let's go check it out". He would not budge so I went out anyway. The Pyr went out with me (thank goodness as I was a bit unnerved) and she went immediately to the fence line sniffing and wagging her tail. She was unconcerned, he was most definitely shook up. I saw or heard nothing that would explain his behavior.

And he still won't go out in the backyard at night readily. He will follow her out slowly and sticks to her like glue. Something upset him and he is not totally over it. The fact that the Pyr is unconcerned at all helps me in that I trust her instincts.....but I have to wonder what happened to him. Hubby and I continue to puzzle over this as his whole attitude has changed since that night. We considered that a person had done something to him. But that doesn't fit because he would have gone ballistic if a person had come up to the fence....not to mention the other dogs inside would have also. I have considered he was attacked/swooped at by a hawk or owl. To my knowledge that would have been a new experience for him and may have caused this reaction. But it stands as one of the curious incidents with my dogs this spring.

Not a fan of the Wood Ape moniker. Bigfeets are what they are no matter how much you try to dress it up.

• Upvote 1

Guest Grifter9931

I've told you what you can do Larry. Avail yourself of those options or stop asking me the same thing. I am hardly going to bother giving you a straight answer to your question when you are so obviously fishing for something so that you can continue to pick a fight with me.  

I'm sorry if you find my comments on my motivations in the past to be not good enough for you. Excuse me while I try to care about that...

If you truly want to pursue this question, please feel free to PM me. I do not wish to make this the focus of the thread and have tempers rise even further and end up in warning point ugliness and extra work for the moderators. 

So either PM me with a serious inquiry, or please drop it here right now.

C'mon D,

You know why you come here. Same reason allot of folks come here. 

Some are bored.

Some are curious.

Some saw something and can't come up with a logical explanation.

Some are off their meds and need someone to listen.

Some believe in BF.

Some want to believe in BF.

Some are unemployed and have nothing better to do.

And some of "us" like "people watching"...

I don't know what the net equivalent is called.

We like to see what motivates other people's behavior.....

Why they say the things they say.

Why they believe the things the do....

And finally some of these "Accounts" are fascinating....

I could go on......

Edited by Grifter9931

Some people in North Dakota thought they could get more people and business to move to their state if they shortened the name to Dakota?  I don't think a name change will help all that much.  I think the real issue is snirt.  (snirt = when the wind blows so hard in the winter that it picks up dirt and mixes it with snow).

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

What is in a name other than a definition or meaning?

Years ago we used to use the term cripple when someone had a malady that affected how their legs worked.  Then we decided that the term "cripple" was undesirable.  We decided to use "handicapped" instead.  Later still, we decided that "physically challenged" was better than "handicapped".  What did this accomplish?

Sasquatch, BF, WA ... how about Giant Nocturnal Omnivorous Manlike Entity or GNOMEs?