Suspicious Activity Around The House

Guest shady grove

I've been watching this thread with interest. It is a shame conversation gets derailed anytime the word habituation comes into play. I can't say that I believe or don't believe...I keep an open mind. To me it is kinda like taking words out of the context used in a sentence. We all know you can do that and totally change the meaning of those words. One experience in a whole string of experiences works the same way, so you can't just pull one experience out of the whole and base an opinion. Or at least I can't. If I had, I wouldn't even be on this forum right now. I had enough strange things happening that I started searching for some answers. Out of an ever growing list of strangeness, I narrowed it down to four or five that defy explanation and totally left us scratching our head. Still scratching my head and leaning more toward believing than not.

We live near a power line and woods...thick woods. I have leaned toward a BF travelling through at certain times of the year for a couple months now. I do not gift and I do not make any attempts at interaction....none. Just not interested on any level. But that doesn't mean I am not interested in figuring out answers to some of the strangeness. Trust me, if I could relegate every incident on my list to wild animals or some other natural cause, I would happily do so. Very happily do so. It is not fun on any level to be going about my business and have something happen that just defies explanation. Due to the fact that I have spent a large portion of my life being at home alone at night....I learned years ago to quickly find a reason for noises and different things that happen at night, otherwise I would have been a nervous wreck a long time ago. Things unexplained of a troublesome nature usually led to a police call.

Said all of that to say that until a couple weeks ago, the "running around on roofs" seemed strange to me. I had not experienced anything like that. And I could not wrap my head around how that could happen. Then one night I heard a muffled thump on the roof over the kitchen where I was standing at the time. I stopped what I was doing and listened intently thinking it was a branch or something even though it was a softer thud than what a branch would make. I could hear scratching/scrambling and then sounds that sounded like something was "butt scooting" down the roof. I ran to the kitchen window to watch as the sounds had whatever it was headed in that direction and soon it would come off the roof and down in front of the window. It was night, but the yard is brightly lit by an outside light. I should have been able to see whatever came off the roof, branch, raccoon, whatever. I watched for over five minutes at least. The noise stopped just shy of the roof edge and nothing rolled off the roof. The next morning there was nothing on the roof and nothing had disturbed the flowers in the flower bed. This incident by itself means nothing much.....a puzzle of some sort....but tied in with a few other strange things that have been going on....it is a head scratcher.

I am not a habituator ...at least not willingly. But at some point I have to ask myself if coincidence doesn't just plain out defy logic when I start to add all the strangeness together. And if it can happen to me, I know it can happen to others. So I keep an open mind.....not gullible at all.....just open to considerations. Just my thoughts.......

Although come to think about it, government would probably like to know how a creature could locate a human at 50 miles distance. And cover that distance in one night's time.

Maybe they do know.   Maybe they've either developed weapons based on however it works or maybe they don't know how to stop such weapons ... either way, they'd have to hide that information from us. 

MIB

Maybe, as previously mentioned, the creatures have colonized the moon.

I simply must draw the line, somewhere, and the supposition that a bigfoot one encountered somehow followed you 50 miles home is well beyond the line I've chosen to draw.

No offense to anyone, you're welcome to your own beliefs. And this is not ridicule nor bullying. It is a logical choice I've made for myself, and I hope I'm entitled to that, too.

Guest VASquatchin

I can only begin to imagine your thoughts or feelings during your roof/kitchen experience. I have had odd things happen but thankfully no roof events.... maybe they are smart enough to realize old place in the country probably has spots that are very soft on the roof! I hope that I am never joined by a bigfoot... but esp as it falls through my roof! I can see explaining THAT to my homeowners insurance!!! I think that anyone (myself included) that has experienced something out of the norm begins looking for answers... and when you end up with more questions than answers it is a very unsettling feeling!

@Mockingbird.......reading that post gets a wtf reaction from me......

How do you not go outside and find out what is on your roof???  How do you spend the rest of the night in the house wondering what it was and what it's next move will be??  I really don't understand and cannot comprehend that way of thinking.  I arm myself with a gun and camera and spotlight and check it out.  If it is bigfoot then apparently all you need for a repellant is a camera, if a cougar the spotlight will spook it, if a potential burglar use the gun.

Ha! VASquatchin.....isn't that the truth......more questions than answers! I wish many times that I could just go back to that "ignorant bliss" I used to live in. Fall through the roof is exactly what I always envisioned.

Sorry, didn't see your post Titleist1.....

To try to answer....hmmm....Mainly I don't care for pictures or proof and so far ignoring stuff has been working pretty well. I always go outside to look....nothing there by the time I get out the door and can get into the yard. I also have a huge bright LED flashlight that I end up shining all over. So far I have seen nothing. I have guns if I need them but it is hard to shoot at nothing. I have three large dogs that would love to eat a prowler. That particular night I think I slept with one eye open....with my arms wrapped around my Great Pyrenees.

Does it make me nervous? Of course! But I am truly more concerned about human prowlers than any of the wild life out there including BF. let's face it. I am beginning to think this is a path (the right of way) that has been travelled for a long time. It explains a LOT of things that have happened over the years and if this is so, their past behavior has never been aggressive toward me in any way. If one had wanted to hurt me they could have a long time ago when I was walking around in ignorance. It may not make sense to you and that is okay. Sometimes it doesn't make sense to me. LOL

I thought I was having a prowler and now the backyard lights up like a Christmas tree with motion sensored light. I trust my dogs explicitly, especially the GP. If she isn't upset, there is nothing to worry about. At first it was a common occurrence for her to wake me up almost every night on "ballistic" level and wanting to tear something up. She has not reacted that way in several weeks now, so whatever it was that had her so upset is either gone...or is not a problem.

Hope that made sense. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like some explanations and hear what others have encountered.....

Want to add: Like I said, I do always go outside and check. My neighbor higher up on the hill probably likens me to a "jack in the box". A visual went through my mind at how many times this spring they must have seen me bust out my back door with that huge light and all three dogs. They are the ones who have a clear line of vision to watch everything that happens in my back yard. I have a fence around the back yard and they don't. Anyway, they were starting to look at me a little funny. I told them I was trying to catch the bobcat that was getting in my back yard. They bought it even if they did think that was a bit peculiar. LOL

It has been quiet lately....

DWA, you are one of the more active members across the various sub-forums here lately. I see your post count is rising very rapidly! I like reading your posts. You are intelligent and articulate, and we generally agree on many (if not most) topics. That is why I have to pipe up here and give dmaker some credit as well. He is also a frequent poster who regularly makes excellent contributions in a great many topics. As far as "non-believers" who hang around Bigfoot forums go, he is certainly one of the more personable, respectful, open minded members from the non-believer camp. If you want to see the opposite, look at the way Bipto is harassed throughout the Operation Endurance and other TBRC threads.

I enjoy reading some tales of high strangeness as much as the next guy. It's entertaining! But.....speaking personally, as a barely hanging on member of the "possibly believes" camp, I would prefer that especially fantastic claims be questioned, and tempered with common sense and skeptical objectivity. There are certain personality types that want to believe in fantastic things beyond the mundane drudgery of their everyday lives. I have known people who will readily accept ANYTHING that is labeled as conspiracy theory, or esoteric or suppressed knowledge. Hollow Earth, stuff about specific Alien races, Gang Stalking, Atlantis, the more ridiculous end of the NWO/Illuminati stuff...and on and on. Anything that isn't mainstream "MUST" be true to them. No matter what the subject, of course, there is always some secretive cabal trying to keep the masses from knowing the truth.....and this is coming from someone who understands there ARE real conspiracies that have definitely shaped our world as we know it.

There is a phenomenon on the internet where people read something and just accept it at face value, and then repeat these claims as if they have been proven somehow. Then after enough people parrot unproven information, it begins to take on a life of it's own, and becomes considered as "common knowledge".  I think that half of the things that people claim to "know" about Bigfoot behavior, are just things thay have read repeated so many times that they gradually start to embellish their own accounts to include these "known behaviors". I don't want people to be overrun with Troll's and JREF'ers here, but at the same time, people should seriously question much of what they read in these forums. Science is about formulating a hypothesis, and then testing it, proving it with tangible quantifiable evidence.

Also, have any of you ever considered that some posters here may not even be what they appear? Have you ever considered that somebody posting these claims could just be a bored non-believer having fun with you guys? Just my two cents.

Edited by Irish73

Irish73:  thanks.  And wouldn't disagree.

Major BS detection software required, on any topic like this.  And until anything is proven, everything is held in suspense and taken with at least a grain of salt.

I know what the evidence says, pretty clearly, to me.  But I also allow that if I'm wrong on that, stranger things have happened.  Not tons of them, but oh they have.

For scientists, it's a professional matter with monetary implications whether they get involved in this or not.  I think that open minds on topics like this can only help the sciences.  But proof is still required, and in the biological sciences, it's pretty clear what is accepted as proof.  I have nothing but admiration for the Meldrums and Horners and Bakkers and Krantzes and Bindernagels and Naishes who run against that tide.  But I understand the motivations of people who try to keep professionally unhealthy speculations out of the workplace.  Priorities are priorities, and they have put personal and family well-being right where I think that should be, most of them.

Although I pretty much believe that Mr. Feynman is right on in my signature, I don't think that "belief" is a healthy way to address anything addressable by the scientific method.  That may just be me, but it seems to work, and to keep discussion grounded.  It doesn't work for me to just trust stuff, or to want to believe, or to take as a first principle that Massive Conspiracies Are Keeping Us In The Dark.  (Sometimes it's just people who want to be allowed to do their jobs, and don't like dealing with nonsense as they perceive it.  For the most part, nothing wrong with that.)

And if dmaker and I didn't bust mutual chops on a regular basis, well, heck, what fun would it be?  And I have always said that if science isn't fun, it isn't science.

Also, have any of you ever considered that some posters here may not even be what they appear? Have you ever considered that somebody posting these claims could just be a bored non-believer having fun with you guys? Just my two cents.

ABSOLUTELY.

I usually judge whether I want to respond on two criteria:  first, will it be fun to do?  and second, will it serve to illuminate something?

The first is more important.

And I guess I should say one other thing:

If you are not offering proof, just talking with like folks here, then, well, free country.

But if you are asserting something and telling me I'm wrong...I better see the proof that you're right.

There is a phenomenon on the internet where people read something and just accept it at face value, and then repeat these claims as if they have been proven somehow. Then after enough people parrot unproven information, it begins to take on a life of it's own, and becomes considered as "common knowledge". 

And so of course I keep thinking of stuff to add.

What you say here is true of both bigfoot proponents and bigfoot skeptics.  Both have their unverified gospel and their a priori shibboleths (which I think it's generally wise to consider fringe, and focus on what science can deal with).

BFF Patron

Maybe, as previously mentioned, the creatures have colonized the moon.

I simply must draw the line, somewhere, and the supposition that a bigfoot one encountered somehow followed you 50 miles home is well beyond the line I've chosen to draw.

No offense to anyone, you're welcome to your own beliefs. And this is not ridicule nor bullying. It is a logical choice I've made for myself, and I hope I'm entitled to that, too.

If this is the case then could you have one of them snag one of those special antigravity ball point pens for me........  been wanting one of those since the early '70's   ; > }

Guest LarryP

There is a phenomenon on the internet where people read something and just accept it at face value, and then repeat these claims as if they have been proven somehow. Then after enough people parrot unproven information, it begins to take on a life of it's own, and becomes considered as "common knowledge". 

That phenomenon is not uniquely limited to the internet.

It occurs on a daily basis with people who are foolish enough to accept eveything they're fed as "news" by the mainstream media.

LarryP,

I couldn't agree with you more WRT the mainstream media.

I think I'm beginning to understand the greater meaning of this thread.

Anything posted that is not sanctioned by responsible, recognized scientists is of no value(BS). Therefore we should wait until we have posts from respected scientists prior to any level of consideration is given. Of course critical and/or witty comments/posts are accepted.

Since we're waiting for proof, I guess I'll go do some yard work.

^^^The big problem here is that the ignorant 'consensus' of mainstream scientists is being taken as spoken truth.

(And when I say ignorant, I mean that I'm not a scientist by any stretch and even I can tell it's ignorant.)

I'm recommending The Wisdom of Crowds by James Surowiecki for the delectation of those here fed up with the ignorant consensus. 

Its thesis:

Large groups of people are smarter than any elite - smarter indeed than the smartest people within the group itself - when it comes to solving problems.

If a lot of folks here read this book, the conversation might get really interesting.