Suspicious Activity Around The House

Guest shady grove

Guest shady grove

Has anyone ever had knowledge of bigfoot leaving things for you to find around your home? Thanks

When I started leaving them apples, I found a dead snake and a flat squirrel in my yard. The snake and squirrel were found within a time span of a couple days.

Has anyone ever had knowledge of bigfoot leaving things for you to find around your home? Thanks

This has been discussed ad nauseum. Do a search using the word "habituating."

Some people buy into it, others don't.

Edited by TD-40

Clarify, please.  By "around" do you mean near the house, or IN the house?   

MIB

Someone's been sleeping in my bed. Someones been eating MY porridge. :sarcastichand:  The last time I saw someone ask a question like the post above me, there were persons claiming that after encountering BF in remote forest locations, these same BF were stalking around their homes.......

......their suburban neighborhood homes many, many miles away. :no:

Edited by Irish73

Guest JiggyPotamus

I have heard and read of this type of behavior. Obviously one would hope the bigfoot is not actually leaving things IN a person's home, as that would be kind of weird. Maybe he comes in when the family is gone, maybe makes himself a sandwich, checks his email or whatever. I was actually thinking about this a couple of nights ago while trying to fall asleep. Some people term it "gifting," and it is a very interesting concept. I think that there are enough reports on the record to conclude that this behavior does in fact occur, and is relatively widespread over the entire country, wherever sasquatch are to be found. So it appears to be a behavior that more than a select few engage in, which could imply that it is either a learned behavior or an instinct.

In my opinion acts of this nature give bigfoot a bit more humanity than I am usually willing to attribute to them. It is hard to believe that a behavior of this nature could actually be instinctual, but on a certain level it actually could point to primitive culture, or rather some type of "social" behavior. This behavior may also imply as to their feelings about humans, unless of course this behavior is just considered being "decent" to them, a societal norm that simply carries over to interactions of this kind with humans. 

But I mentioned I was thinking about this a couple of nights ago, and more specifically I was thinking about the types of things they leave for people in exchange for whatever they have taken. And then I was attempting to reason whether this implied anything about their culture. For instance, what is "valuable" to them? I would think that something that helped them survive, such as food, would be the most important thing. I am certain that they are attracted to objects that catch their interest, although personal taste may play a large part. We know they sometimes leave rocks. So are rocks considered valuable? I would think the bigfoot economy would have collapsed if that were the case.

So maybe it is not necessarily "what" they leave, as long as they leave "something." Maybe it is more like a thank you than it is a "trade." But this is all speculation of course. It is quite interesting to ponder though, and I'm sure others would agree with me on that point. I wonder if they feel some obligation to leave something. I also have wondered if they even know that a person is leaving it for them. What if they just found something on the ground and assumed that someone left it, and therefore they leave something in return? If that were the case, perhaps they may think it was another bigfoot, and not a human. Maybe it has something to do with stealing in their primitive culture.

They may not want to run the risk of taking something that belongs to someone else. Probably unlikely though. Or perhaps, if they are territorial, they are leery about taking things that are found on some other sasquatch's territory. There are many possibilities, although some are more likely than others. I do not think sasquatch would be territorial to any large degree myself. I think it would be more likely for sasquatch males to have multiple females if they were territorial, and I believe they most often have only one partner, usually for life. And it is important not to confuse protecting the area around one's family as being territorial. I consider territory to be a staked off location, while the area around the sasquatch is simply its temporary "space." That territory would not be contested or cared about once the animal or its family was away from it.

Like I have said many times before on these forums, it is not that I am anxious for discovery of these animals by science, as I am more anxious for anything that would give us insight into these types of questions. Most likely it will come from discovery and then scientific study, but if this type of data came from amateur researchers, I would still be thankful for it. It seems to me that many researchers  do not seem to care so much about the sociology of these animals, being more caught up in the anthropology of them instead, but I could be wrong. I know one thing...I will be happier when science recognizes these animals than I was when I had my own sighting. Why? Because my own sighting could only serve to prove something to myself, while science as a body will prove it to the rest of the world.

Someone's been sleeping in my bed. Someones been eating MY porridge. :sarcastichand:  The last time I saw someone ask a question like the post above me, there were persons claiming that after encountering BF in remote forest locations, these same BF were stalking around their homes.......

......their suburban neighborhood homes many, many miles away. :no:

Despite your apparent disapproval, that is precisely the question I'm asking.  If the OP would like to avoid your ridicule, they are welcome to PM me.   I will give as honest an answer as I can.  

MIB

Edited by MIB

BFF Patron

I have been interested in the gifting phenomenon.  I actually think that this probably happens more when they find stuff that others are missing on their backwoods  travels sometimes returning them to a location they think may lead to them being found.   I know MABRC expedition found returned materials stacked under rocks (walkie talkie/photographs) in a remote area but on an animal trail.  I believe I had a digital sound recorder accidentally dropped and lost returned to a prominent location after several weeks. The feathers, rocks and materials I have found tended to be left in the woods in such a way they knew my travel routes not near a home.  That is just me.

I did have an empty nalgene water bottle suddenly appear in the middle of an out of the way location standing up in the middle of an area that I think may have been a gift due to the predictability of my travels when I was big into daily research. 

I'm not trying to create an environment where people shy away from posting their thoughts and opinions, at the same time I am entitled to my own opinion. I was merely pointing out that the last time I read someone suggesting that BF was quietly sneaking into their home, leaving things, and moving things around, the explanation was less than probable....

When someone says that they encountered a Bigfoot in the woods, and that afterward that same animal was regularly creeping around and into their home, in a suburban neighborhood 20-40 miles away...........I am going to do this. :no:

Love yer av Shady!

A friend of mine had several gifts of dead animals left on the running boards of his truck over several nights.

Completely plucked of hair.

What known animal does this besides human?

I'm not trying to create an environment where people shy away from posting their thoughts and opinions, at the same time I am entitled to my own opinion. I was merely pointing out that the last time I read someone suggesting that BF was quietly sneaking into their home, leaving things, and moving things around, the explanation was less than probable....

When someone says that they encountered a Bigfoot in the woods, and that afterward that same animal was regularly creeping around and into their home, in a suburban neighborhood 20-40 miles away...........I am going to do this. :no:

I have to agree.

Edited by chelefoot
Remove inflammatory comment

People ... wondering is one thing.  Throwing around accusations and innuendo is something else.   It does indeed keep witnesses from coming forward.   If that's your intent, you have succeeded.  If not, if you're really interested in pursuing the truth wherever it goes, then your actions interfere with achieving your desired results.  Sometimes y' gotta make a choice between mutual exclusives ... the humor in a snarky comeback (hey, I'm inclined that way, too) vs pursuit of a real mystery.

I want those stories.  I want them in enough mass from enough places from enough unconnected witnesses that I can search them for commonalities or, if I find none, have some confidence the sample size is large enough to be statistically repeatable.

MIB

Edited by chelefoot
Remove response to inflammatory comment

I was so busy replying, i didn't read Jiggys post before.

.....Maybe he comes in when the family is gone, maybe makes himself a sandwich, checks his email or whatever.........................So are rocks considered valuable? I would think the bigfoot economy would have collapsed if that were the case........

:lol: Fiat geology! Great, another imminent currency collapse.

I want those stories.  I want them in enough mass from enough places from enough unconnected witnesses that I can search them for commonalities or, if I find none, have some confidence the sample size is large enough to be statistically repeatable.

I want honest accounts, not stories. I was just pointing out that certain topics tend to attract what I would refer to as the fringe element of the BF enthusiast community. Honest accounts where people truthfully believe that BF are leaving items around their rural property? Sure. Tales of Bigfoots seeing a person once, and then just "knowing" where folks live, and then regularly stalking them by making 60 mile round trip treks deep into suburbs of metro areas to move things in ther houses?

Edited by chelefoot
Remove reference to inflammatory comment

Yes, shady grove. 

I've had a BF travel 50 miles -- a total of 100 miles, round trip -- to my home, and leave me something to indicate I had indeed had a visit from the same individual(s) I'd been hanging with in the woods. 

There are sooooo many reports of this happening....

About the actual stuff being left for you: Cool story, Florida Reader!

There are others like that, too. I don't have the link handy, but there was some report where a guy noticed that a light on his front porch was out, and I think commented on that out loud, and then the next day he found a replacement light -- the exact right kind! -- on his front lawn. 

I don't remember whether that was the same guy who had had some bird feeders removed, and then returned to him, but it might've been.

If anyone can supply those links, that would be cool! Thanks. 

Edited by LeafTalker