Suspicious Activity Around The House

Guest shady grove

I'll exit now. There is nothing for me here anyway. 

Well, I guess four more posts say there was something for him here after all. ;)

Next week he's starting Step 1 of the 12-step program.

Promise.

(His.  I have NOTHING to do with this.)  ;-)

Stop pretending you belong in a hab thread anymore than I do. 

Dude, I belong everywhere here.  I am a good citizen of this board.  For one thing:  I don't come trying to yank proof from people who have no obligation to offer it.  For another:  I don't drag arguments across threads!  Cut that out.

Sorry ladies, gentlemen.  I promise dmaker'll clean up here. :banned:

The argument dragging thing, sure. Mea culpa. It happens. 

But if asking someone to offer something to substantiate an outrageous claim constitutes "yanking proof" from them, then again mea culpa. But I do find that to be a much healthier approach for all than just blindly eating up everything that is offered. 

Well, that's why a habituation story is just a story with me.  It's just like individual sighting reports.  It's the size and consistency of the pile that matters more than any one story.

Until one offers proof and it's accepted, any single story is just a story.  Even the pile means nothing if it isn't followed up.

Habituation is one thing. I mean if the animals are real then why can't they get accustomed to humans like other animals? Ok, fine. That still leaves the glaring question of how they could do that and go undetected by the general public and, you know, cameras and all...but we'll leave that for the moment. But why oh why oh why do habituation stories almost always have to stray into the paranormal? Is it not enough to claim the constant BF buddy contact? Why does it have to start including mind speak and telepathy and training animals and teleporting and invisibility and speaking multiple languages and reading comprehension and all that other stuff that is just without credibility ( because nothing is ever offered to substantiate anything), and frankly strains most people's sensibilities?  

And if they are just "cool stories" then maybe they ought to be told in the Campfire section.

I guess that one of the reasons sasquatch makes me more curious than most unknown stuff is that I want to see where that's coming from.  And there I have to leave it.

Thanks DWA, good points all around, if I had a puss I would give it.

I want to point out dmaker, you took a possibility I laid out, that Bfs "might" be capable of raising fledglings," to "BFs training animals."    

It woud be hard to sort through different accounts if they get bundled up so for you, in an amorphous blob..

It is as likey, if not more so, that because you can see habituators "always stray" to the things that make you incredulous, it is b/c that is what is actually happening to those who report it, and from the field....

You,  and the few others that follow your "insights" on this, do make a point almost every thread to state your poor opinion of these witnesses,.....without any time in the field...or an encounter..  which to me is just plain weird... and must be simply for entertainment....it's the only sane out I can give you...

But, I have lost my patience with this shtick...and one of the reasons I don't spend much time on the forum....  I came here for the reasons DWA laid out.....  you have not a clue what it means to be a witness....and the smallness of your position injected into threads for which you have no meaningful contribution makes it tiresome....and the conversations that might flow here do so in email now..  

Edited by apehuman

Is there some rule somewhere that says habituators should not keep it real?

Well Dmaker I see that you have turned this to a healthy debate and i am glad that you did. Yes I had a great Birthday. I have learned alot on this forum by everyone and my feeling did not get broken cause I do not excpect no one to believe what i have to say.It is just natural not to believe and it would not be human not too.So I understand where you are coming from since i was once in your very shoes.I was very skeptical and i searched out the truth,this was my mission.

scientist do not want to study them since they know already about them.

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds?  Certainly there would be proof of this if true.

Guest Grifter9931

Some of this is just wow...... But some of it is is informative....... 

Still..... Just wowzers!!!!

scientist do not want to study them since they know already about them.

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds? Certainly there would be proof of this if true.

Can we please not use words like "ridiculous" to characterize other people's posts? That's not constructive, and it's certainly not fair.

If you do even the tiniest bit of digging on this forum, you will see how many pixels have been spilled on the question of whether or not the government (and therefore, "science") knows about the existence of BF.

Many intelligent and informed people feel they have very good reason to think that the government knows plenty about BF. And if the government knows, so does "science".

So, thank you for not using that word. It's not appropriate in this context, or in any context, for that matter.

Edited by LeafTalker

Even if that were true, "government" is not "science." While many scientists work for universities, and could be construed, in the long run, as ultimately having governmental connection, university science and scientists do not take their walking orders from "government."

Although come to think about it, government would probably like to know how a creature could locate a human at 50 miles distance. And cover that distance in one night's time.

Edited by Incorrigible1

Even if that were true, "government" is not "science." While many scientists work for universities, and could be construed, in the long run, as ultimately having governmental connection, university science and scientists do not take their walking orders from "government."

Although come to think about it, government would probably like to know how a creature could locate a human at 50 miles distance. And cover that distance in one night's time.

Your first paragraph is correct. Your second paragraph, is a judgement call on something you think very unlikely. The problem is BF does unlikely things. Getting on your roof to scare the starch out of you is one example. If you want to get beyond what you knew yesterday, you have to listen to observations. Again, that doesn't mean you have to accept as fact. Otherwise you can type up what you think is reasonable, post it, and call it good.

BFF Patron

I have to admit i've exerienced a boat load of BF behavior but to date no roof rats!  LOL!