N A W A C - Field Study Discussion

slabdog

We actually have several reports from X on the site, none of which are placed there. This is out of respect of the properly owners who are pretty adamant about keeping the general public off their property but it's also, clearly, as a result of our needing to maintain operational security. 

The truth is, the location of X isn't a secret. Lots of people outside the group know where it is and have been there. We don't advertise cruise missile coordinates for the reasons I stated above, but even if we did, the terrain is the best deterrent I can think of to keeping others out. It's brutal, rips up vehicles (taking a regular car in there would result in severe vehicle damage), is nearly impossible to access during certain times of the year, and, without directions, I doubt anyone with coordinates would be able to find it anyway. Remember what I said about roads that aren't there but are supposed to be and those that aren't supposed to be being there anyway? 

This is the biggest non-issue in the field today. I wish it wasn't such a big deal. It's really hard to get to, is really out in the middle of nowhere, and is seldom visited by those who don't know where it is. That's it. I've said as much (and the group has also) many times. 

Edited by bipto

And to reiterate, someone could present me with the actual location and I would have to deny it even if it were correct. I've made that commitment to the our host and I'll keep it. 

If area X is private property and posted with no trespassing signs? The public cannot access it legally without permission. I suppose the public could descend on public areas close by and screw things up. And I understand completely why NAWAC would not want to divulge it's where abouts.

But for anybody that thinks they have found it on a map? That doesn't mean your allowed to trespass.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I imagine it'll be the Official Center for Woodape Researchâ„¢ if a real woodape ever comes out of there  :D

It's brutal, rips up vehicles (taking a regular car in there would result in severe vehicle damage), is nearly impossible to access during certain times of the year,

Bipto, does this have any relevance to the Echo incident where the property owners son had vehicle damage? Was his vehicle suitable to reach reasonable walking distance to the cabins?

Bipto, does this have any relevance to the Echo incident where the property owners son had vehicle damage? Was his vehicle suitable to reach reasonable walking distance to the cabins?

He was in a truck which would have been fine except he tore out of there and drove too fast on the road. He was walking in because he didn't know the combo for one of the security gates.

JW, head over to the JREF. Find the thread from two years ago when we first started talking about Operation Endurance. I'd find the thread for you, but I wouldn't go back to that cesspool if you paid me. Find where our Alaskan friend began his quest to find X. Not so he could confirm our observations or validate our claims, but so he could talk others into going there and interfering. He carelessly and callously encouraged others to put our members and themselves in danger by walking in and disrupting our work. He incited them to break laws by trespassing.  

Well this is interesting, the JREF allows members to encourage and facilitate illegal activities?

I might just have to pop over there and do some reading.  I would think it opens themselves up for some liability....

hmmm.....

Also, Thx Bipto for your work.  I wish you guys the best, let's put this mystery to bed!

Well this is interesting, the JREF allows members to encourage and facilitate illegal activities?

Yes, and they don't really take well to constructive criticism about it. Bill Munns related his issues with the site during BFS 50 where he approached them asking them to reign in libelous statements being made by their members. 

As a general rule, when people start with personal attacks, name calling, or dishonesty, it indicates they have run out of facts to base their arguments on. On BFF 1, I would see this quite often by skeptics and the 1 time I perused the JREF, it was full of personal attacks.

The point Bipto made about some folks not wanting bf to be discovered is one to seriously consider as that seems very accurate but for reasons that I fully do not understand yet. UPs

Bipto, have you considered that rival Bigfoot groups have contacts with the same landowners that you have, and perhaps are trying to fool you, with a Big Reveal at some point down the road?  I seem to recall a group in the Honobia area that has been fooled before, and would probably like to show up some others who are coming into the area.

And just to clarify this statement:

JW, head over to the JREF. Find the thread from two years ago when we first started talking about Operation Endurance. I'd find the thread for you, but I wouldn't go back to that cesspool if you paid me. Find where our Alaskan friend began his quest to find X. Not so he could confirm our observations or validate our claims, but so he could talk others into going there and interfering. He carelessly and callously encouraged others to put our members and themselves in danger by walking in and disrupting our work. He incited them to break laws by trespassing.  Would anyone reading this even continue to engage *at all* in the face of this kind of abuse?

It wasn't from two years ago, it was from September of 2012.

IF he found the correct area:

I can not find where he incited people to break laws by trespassing.

I can find where he said the following:

I am not encouraging trespassing

It is not 20-30 miles from the nearest house

The road is not that bad.

You can take photos of the area from public roads

He told of ways to access his hypothetical guess at your location, without violating trespass laws.