N A W A C - Field Study Discussion

slabdog

Drew,

Why don't you go to X and take a picture of yourself standing next to the cabin.

That would do a lot for supporting your claims of how easy it is to get there.

Consider it a challenge !

Make us proud !

Bipto, have you considered that rival Bigfoot groups have contacts with the same landowners that you have, and perhaps are trying to fool you, with a Big Reveal at some point down the road?  I seem to recall a group in the Honobia area that has been fooled before, and would probably like to show up some others who are coming into the area.

Drew, do you think that's really plausible given the NAWAC's stated goal of taking a specimen? I know some groups like to engage in some oneupmanship, but not to the extent of actually risking their skin...

I would say that is ridiculous to say some one is hoaxing a group opening armed and ready , the activity for those that have actually researched in person in the general area makes it not hard to believe at all that they have repeatable potential BF activity (note I just call them BF as I am no degreed scientist and not authorized to claim their taxonomy). Strong opinions from people that may never have set foot there don't hold much water.

Bipto, have you considered that rival Bigfoot groups have contacts with the same landowners that you have, and perhaps are trying to fool you, with a Big Reveal at some point down the road?

This is another flavor of the hoaxing redneck theory which I've addressed a hundred times. Apparently you've forgotten (but a few others haven't) that we shoot at these things when possible.

It wasn't from two years ago, it was from September of 2012.

If you insist. Seems longer ago than that, but I recall you participating in the critical thinking over there so I assume you'd know.

I would say that is ridiculous to say some one is hoaxing a group opening armed and ready , the activity for those that have actually researched in person in the general area makes it not hard to believe at all that they have repeatable potential BF activity (note I just call them BF as I am no degreed scientist and not authorized to claim their taxonomy). Strong opinions from people that may never have set foot there don't hold much water.

Fair enough. If, however, the current state of affairs remains unchanged, now, tomorrow and forever, are we supposed to believe there are apes in those hills (without the hard evidence)?

^^^

I think the NAWAC couldn't agree with you more.

Thus why they are trying to harvest one.

Fair enough. If, however, the current state of affairs remains unchanged, now, tomorrow and forever, are we supposed to believe there are apes in those hills (without the hard evidence)?

You got my point, all I am saying is in all things bigfoot... words, audio, video are never enough. In person is the only way to this point until the dirty deed is done and on display.

Bipto, have you considered that rival Bigfoot groups have contacts with the same landowners that you have, and perhaps are trying to fool you, with a Big Reveal at some point down the road?

This is another flavor of the hoaxing redneck theory which I've addressed a hundred times. Apparently you've forgotten (but a few others haven't) that we shoot at these things when possible.

It wasn't from two years ago, it was from September of 2012.

If you insist. Seems longer ago than that, but I recall you participating in the critical thinking over there so I assume you'd know.

To change the subject, if not the tone: Your org. has fired upon these apparitions a few times now, to no avail. If you have what you believe you have, you seem to have a near habituation situation. Have y'all considered a different tact altogether, one more like a Diane Fossey approach? After all, you are convinced you are dealing with apes.

And, pardon if you have addressed this before, but why do you not have a video record of your operations? I mean, why have you not hired or asked for professional volunteers to donate their time to create a video history of each team's experiences? Why not have video record takers embedded within each team. If your story goes big, you could edit down a lot of material for a documentary. If not, you will have video evidence of strange doings that you could donate unedited to a university for those interested in further study of the issue. It seems with the fatalist attitude you seem to have concerning cameras on site (limited usage), you might be missing the bigger picture (if you fail to shoot or capture the beast in question) of video documentation thoroughly vouching the experiences in Area X.

Edited by jerrywayne

^^^

I think the NAWAC couldn't agree with you more.

Thus why they are trying to harvest one.

But what if they fail? What then? Will future books, documentaries, and TV shows recount the interesting adventures in Area X and then conclude that there are indeed wood apes, much in the same vein that the Patterson film, or this track or that, is used to support the existence of Bigfoot now? Will Bipto's and NAWAC's adventures be considered enough evidence, already, for future Bigfooters to hang their advocacy on -- to their satisfaction if not that of science?

In other words, will NAWAC's operations in Area X promote belief in Bigfoot/wood apes even if it fails in its main objective?

Edited by jerrywayne

Your org. has fired upon these apparitions a few times now, to no avail. If you have what you believe you have, you seem to have a near habituation situation. Have y'all considered a different tact altogether, one more like a Diane Fossey approach?

We will continue to attempt to collect a specimen for as long as we can. We will also pursue other avenues of study as practice. However, I don't think the Fossey approach is compatible with the specimen collection goal.

Regarding video, we have enough gadgets to deal with in the field. We also keep detailed journals and perform video interviews after notable events. We have no desire to create a video to sell after the fact. If we had more resources and more members available, perhaps we'd do something like it, but it's just not in the cards for us.

Well if it wasn't for Paul du Chaillu? There would have been no Fossey.........

Specimen comes first and then Scientific study.

Drew,

Why don't you go to X and take a picture of yourself standing next to the cabin.

That would do a lot for supporting your claims of how easy it is to get there.

Consider it a challenge !

Make us proud !

I have no desire to go their area.  Never have.

I have also never made claims as to the difficulty or lack of difficulty in getting there.

Edited by Drew

Well if it wasn't for Paul du Chaillu? There would have been no Fossey.........

Specimen comes first and then Scientific study.

I was suggesting that they get to know their neighbors a little better, be non-threatening, try flower power, sit in the open calmly to show em you mean no harm, grin a lot, but don't look em in the eye, act as if you're culling for wood ticks in your teammate's hair, talk a little samurai, offer hickory nuts, just be good folks to draw one or two in close for a protracted meeting of premier primates. After you have them acclimated and everything is situated and habituated, THEN fire off those shotgun shells!

Guest VASquatchin

I really applaud this that are making an effort to discover and prove one of mother nature's great creatures. I was talking with my spouse last night and Bigfoot came up. We are very divided on the shoot/don't shoot aspect. The question was posed as to if the Bigfoot shot should be of a certain size or have features that identify it as mature or would the person firing open fire upon one that was obvious young/juvenile age. I am curious if the members of NAWAC have any feelings on the topic. It was decided in our household that either of us would ever feel comfortable firing at a juvenile unless we were being threatened by it. (Of course I doubt I could fire on any of them unless they were threatening me greatly!)