Why Cover Up Big Foot?

Guest Grifter9931

Guest Grifter9931

Why would the government want to cover up BF? What would be the "end game"?

What would be the financial reasons or what would they gain by doing so, if not for monetary reasons?

Guest OntarioSquatch

What evidence is there that the government is covering up Bigfoot?

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Guest Urkelbot

I see more comments blaming scientists for covering up and ignoring evidence. There seems to be some strange impotent rage at scientists and science in general.

Guest Grifter9931

What evidence is there that the government is covering up Bigfoot?

Its from a different thread that is currently trending on the regular forums. And I have seen reference to it in various other threads as well. 

It would be nice to have some more detail as to what prompted this thread. Not everyone reads every thread so if this is a spinoff to a different thread, there are a lot of people wondering what this thread is about.

I know that some Parks or Wildlife rangers have made comments that imply their own belief in these creatures. They are entitled to their own opinions just like anyone else. I don't take it any higher than that and conclude that the government knows and is keeping it from us. I leave that stuff to the alien abduction crowd.

Sasfooty- I pluss you and would like to add that the state I live in from well informed insiders already knows what BF is and has known since 1981. 

they just will not acknowledge the fact untilanyone comes up with matching proof. But to answer the question why is IMHO, is that it could be 2 things. Liability and public concerns in their parks.

Simply by refusing to engage in the discussion, take witness reports, or research the Gov seems guilty...big time IMO

But, even with or w/o an active disinformation campaign we would probably still have this mythical BF conventional wisdom..

BFers do it to each other when they cry foul on evidence primarily from jealousy, or some other conflict, nothing to do with the reality of the evidence...

The hoaxing, is a disaster and many of those types have no idea how serious it is to so many, when it occurs from the ranks of researchers it is devastating.....

It may also be that certain industries, say logging, or paper, have motivation to hire experts to debunk, quietly, on the net...or in white papers/articles...it happens in other industries I know for a fact..so it could here too if judged a threat to  profits..

But there is one more group, those who moved from witness, to researcher, to silent partner of BFs..in that they believe proof will only bring bad times for BFs..and human conflict perhaps...so they usually shut up....or talk openly about stuff that makes most recoil...the telepathy, or any weirdness...even glowing eyes are rejected by most....and if one is really in that "camp of protecting BFs"  have motivation to push the hoax/myth/crapola envelope further...

Above are four or five "groups or like minded individuals" with motivation to maintain the myth status...

and I forgot those on "top"  cashing in (either ego or $$) on being a "Bf expert"....  I don't think many get paid for their appearances except Meldrum, or the cast of FB.. I might be wrong, but it seems the desire of many for that exposure is as good a substitute for money...and if one is benefiting now, in this unproven state, it is not clear they will benefit after proof...the competition might get serious - bringing in relevant fields..like living primate anthropologists, in addition to our one token paleontologist..!

Edited by apehuman

BFF Patron

It would be nice to have some more detail as to what prompted this thread. Not everyone reads every thread so if this is a spinoff to a different thread, there are a lot of people wondering what this thread is about.

I know that some Parks or Wildlife rangers have made comments that imply their own belief in these creatures. They are entitled to their own opinions just like anyone else. I don't take it any higher than that and conclude that the government knows and is keeping it from us. I leave that stuff to the alien abduction crowd.

Along these lines I find Bob 'Action' Jackson's seasonal ranger sighting at Yellowstone as one of the tops.  He had nothing to lose, as he received no retirement package anyway from NPS for acknowledging the details and depth of his sighting event.  He simply moved into another stage of life on his Buffalo ranch in Iowa as I remember marketing buffalo.  

As for witness/researcher/silent partners obfuscating the field to make it more mythological.  I find that few would have the motivation to do so.  Not all reports of high strangeness including eyeglow are false and anomalous......  just like the larger set of ho-hum road crossing sighting reports.   

That said, sure I think gov. has monitored BFF over time and slipped a ringer or two in just for the heck of it.......  most of us would just acknowledge another troll had bit the dust but who is to say there is not deep cover here as anywhere else gov wanted to infiltrate......    I sure couldn't. 

Edited by bipedalist

Because BF is something that the government can't control, tax, or herd into reservations. Kinda like UFO/Aliens.

If they refuse to acknowledge them, they don't have to explain their powerlessness in dealing with them.

I think if the government does know and is 'covering up', then this mundane reason is definitely the most likely.

Sasfooty- I pluss you and would like to add that the state I live in from well informed insiders already knows what BF is and has known since 1981. 

Can you tell us what 'it is'?! What happened in 1981?

Edited by the parkie

I agree with Sasfooty.  IMO the government can't control or fully understand this subject, so they officially deny its existence.  In doing so, they do not look bad or have to officially explain anything to the public.  Kind of like the various law enforcement agencies presenting they have everything under control, but the public safety in some areas of the country is a joke and completely out of it, yet the public safety people ignore it. 

Some of you may remember "Charlie Hotel", who posted here a number of months ago about one Bigfoot being killed by the U.S. Army at Fort Drum.  He was very paranoid about violating security clearances.  It had nothing to do about secret weapons, procedures etc., but just the killing of a particular feral subject on a military base, he was warned to share this even with his own unit personnel.  After eating on him for about 8 years, he shared here on BFF.  Other stories like this have come out from other government folks.  Sadly, most cannot be verified.   

I agree with much of what is being said and it is always "food for thought". If the gov't. Is covering up.....I say always follow the money or potential lack thereof and you will discover a lot of answers when you "connect the dots". Money equals control. Bingo! :)

One of our biggest problems is that many of us cannot understand that level of greed....

I think that the Government knows full well it would have extraordinary implications.

1) would it be declared a protected species?

2) How could you set up boundaries for them?

3) would people react in such a way as to begin "monster" hunting?

Let's take the first of these 3 suggestions only. Imagine if they were designated a protected species. The article below is JUST from the spotted owl protection and the implications of that. Can you imagine this with the BF?

http://www.happinessonline.org/MoralCode/SafeguardAndImproveYourEnvironment/p10.htm

4) How would this new "species" be recognized? Human, Ape? If human would it be protected under the same rights?

I think this would be a impossible task to take on by any government and they know it..

KB