Tree Manipulation/ Wood Structures: What Is The Evidence?

WSA

It is a core area for hunting and in a polite way are asking you to stay out of it. Feather is a return for what you have given.I have hunted in a core area of theirs and did not listen. When I hunted there again I was threaten by their knocks and heavy tree fall. But then again I could be wrong ,but is a sure way to find out though. I had found a x that stopped me from entering my tree stand on a trail that I only knew about. I do have a picture of this x .

Turkey feathers I do find them a lot in the woods .Deer bedding i have found them on ledges and in deep pines in hard places of travel. The only thing that happen to me was when I asked for a crows feather and found one on the trail.

Wes I have found some late Pleistocene scripts on-line that include the x. A few other stick formations appear there as well. It could be that they picked these up from Indians that they shared their habitats with. Who knows? It does indicate at least rudimentary symbology.

Post a link!? :)

It is a core area for hunting and in a polite way are asking you to stay out of it. Feather is a return for what you have given.I have hunted in a core area of theirs and did not listen. When I hunted there again I was threaten by their knocks and heavy tree fall. But then again I could be wrong ,but is a sure way to find out though. I had found a x that stopped me from entering my tree stand on a trail that I only knew about. I do have a picture of this x .

Turkey feathers I do find them a lot in the woods .Deer bedding i have found them on ledges and in deep pines in hard places of travel. The only thing that happen to me was when I asked for a crows feather and found one on the trail.

Oh whatever it is has made it quite clear they don't want us around any of their handiwork. We have left it alone and hadn't been back there but maybe 3 times since September of 2012. The bedding sites I saw weren't done by deer in my opinion. Unless of course a deer can bend over a small tree and leave stick patterns on the ground where they once slept.

Guest lightheart

Wes, just google paleolithic writing. The x can plainly be seen as well as others being found in conjunction with some of the stick structures and placements.

I ask because I find it to be both the least compelling evidence of their existence, but highly intriguing at the same time. If this animal is leaving this number of tangible markers on the landscape, it not only offers an opportunity to track their locations fairly definitively, it also offers an area rife for conjecture on why they find this widespread activity so necessary.  Aside from "It's a territorial thing", what else might there be to it?

While I do not believe these "structures" are a real phenomenon I do believe there could be real reasons a Bigfoot might perform some sort of wood-working activity. Bower birds produce a structure called a bower that they use to lure in the females so the females can assess them and they build the bowers in a way that makes them look bigger. None of the so-called structures that I've seen produce the false-perspective that such a bower is meant to produce.

Another option is to leave messages. Messages that might convey a direction of interest or warning (even perhaps territoriality) or perhaps signaling intent. Or even a message to itself. Perhaps a reminder that a patch of berries is there or to commemorate an event. Humans do these things. Many enthusiasts link Bigfoot to human origins and such a possibility is not unreasonable.

Anyone ever consider that the limbs stacked in a teepee fashion may just be stored that way to keep them dry and reduce rot and decay so they can be used when needed?

Guest lightheart

That is interesting Indie. So then it is like storage for future use? What specifically do you think they use them for later?

Guest lightheart

Wes   Well if they are using basic tools, spears would not be out of the question. Wouldn't  they use a fairly thin stick for that to make it work? Just thinking out loud here. .......Or maybe they strip them down. .....You could be on to something.

My conclusion is they use trees for sleeping, resting, also as observation platforms. When the trees are leaved, the poles can be used to frame the platform for a nest to hold youngsters and for adults to sleep where they can catch the breeze.

I have said before I have concluded that they use trees regularly and from a very young age.

Guest lightheart

Wow Indire!

Have you found evidence of the platforms in trees? I have observed one scout positioned in an ancient oak as a lookout.

Guest lightheart

Well there is something new to be looking for.

About how far up should I be looking?

Do the poles form a platform like a square or more like a nest. (I am thinking about the young ones.)

How many poles are used in the construction do you think?

Look for limbs that have been bent down and are still alive, that is a giveaway of something being hidden. These are nothing elaborate, just a few "pole" type pieces that go from horizontal limb to horizontal limb. A platform with manipulated live limbs bent to hide it.