Tree Manipulation/ Wood Structures: What Is The Evidence?

WSA

You guys seem to think everything is attributed to BF, why is that?

These are images of broken branches,  They are more than likely natural breaks or the damaged caused by deer. Full stop 

^Not at all. You are perhaps missing the contexts in which these are found. In just the last page, the breaks are found in areas of known activity or sightings and near water sources. The water isn't visible in my last images, but it's there. Breaking trees is one of the most commonly reported behaviors. I agree that there can be other causes, btw.

You haven't found this sort of thing reported in your region?

Yes but I have but I put it down to deer, although when I find a tree that is damaged and has a birds nest attached, I tend think yowie

What is more convincing than tree breaks is the uprooted trees I find my area,

When I men uprooted, I mean pulled out of the ground, roots and all, that's not deer activity

That is yowie damage

Yes indeed. I've seen that a buck in rut can thrash a sapling fairly O'good, yup. Some of these trees here are approaching 2" or more in diameter. I'm not seeing "deer" of that size.

• 2 weeks later...

No sign of burning....I've had a few other people look at it and was told the black coloring is an indication of it's age.

One person suggested it could be 50 plus years old.

Here's an up close of the "opening"

1e06d80e.jpg

First post and I found this thread regarding tree structures off of the Survivorman show and ty for validating my account....awesome site and I look forward to adding my account of my own encounter in Northern Minnesota with a bigfoot in the proper section of the forum...

I noticed in Cervelo's picture here, I am sure its a illusion.....but if you draw a line up from the middle of the discolored stick on the ground, once you pass the log leaning left to right it dang sure looks like a face in this image. Its the side profile and I see a eye, side of the nose, and mouth and chinline. 

I'm sure its a illusion of the wood and shadows, but with your recount of when you took these pictures Cervelo, how exciting would it have been to have actually photographed a occupant of this structure peering out at you and discovered it later ??

^^^Hey, welcome to the party MNtenbears.  Interesting observation. I can see it too, now that you point it out. But then again, all humans are programmed to see patterns suggestive of faces. If this truly is a face of something animate, given the scale of the original photograph, it is one of the wee folk!

Look forward to you contributions to the BFF.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this structure awhile ago. It was spacious and large enough to stand up in. I know, I should take more photos or video, next time.

2gvjyi0.jpg

^Went back to the place above yesterday...it's a popular area with humans, so that is the most likely explanation. Sorry to insert noise into this thread. My initial post here mentioned how surprising it was to find tree manipulation occurring over time (in a different place). I think it may be done for certain reasons of their own, and for no reason, like an art. When anomalous wood is found, it may be a good place to stay put, or record, etc.

I think it is always useful to point out what is truly mysterious, and what can be discounted more easily. Thanks for posting that.

My eye was drawn to the bare ground underneath it, which didn't look consistent with some other structures we've seen. 

Edited by WSA

Maybe its some type of burial structure? Has anyone dug up underneath these? I noticed Cervelo said it gave him the creeps maybe there is a reason for it?

^Went back to the place above yesterday...it's a popular area with humans, so that is the most likely explanation. Sorry to insert noise into this thread. My initial post here mentioned how surprising it was to find tree manipulation occurring over time (in a different place). I think it may be done for certain reasons of their own, and for no reason, like an art. When anomalous wood is found, it may be a good place to stay put, or record, etc.

Interesting looking for sure JKH. It could be that humans built it, and I mean that in the plural sense, because it looks like a lot work went into it. I don't see any signs the trees used for construction were cut with a saw, did you check for that by chance? Did you find any shoe or footprints in the interior?

Also, it may be a good idea to check out the immediate parameter to see if there's anything else of interest that might be close by.........

Maybe its some type of burial structure? Has anyone dug up underneath these? I noticed Cervelo said it gave him the creeps maybe there is a reason for it?

Welcome to you. I haven't seen Cervelo around lately, but haven't been here much. IIRC, it creeped him out because he observed changes being made over time to the wood pile in his images.

• masterbarber unpinned this topic