Tree Manipulation/ Wood Structures: What Is The Evidence?

WSA

I surmised the same thing WSA. It's like the blogger was maybe guessing without really knowing for a fact? I'm stumped at the moment as to why it's still happening.....

^Yeah, I've come across young trees like that as well.  And bowed trees, there's a big one on my way home from work up a valley, sometime I'll try to snap a pic.

I find it hard to believe that any BF reside permanently around my parts, but I do think they use it as some sort of travel corridor.

It would make more sense that these markers are in areas that BF do not spend a lot of time in, no?  (if they are residents there, why would they need the markers?)

Hi Cotter, from what I can tell tree bows of a suspicious nature have more than one use and purpose. Some may indeed be directional markers. I know for a fact one I examined was used as a backstop. I've examined others that I suspect were used as temporary shelter/bedding.

A point to ponder about radically crooked trees..especialy at just above ground level. We might be seeing a root that had soil washed away during the formative years. Roots exposed to air and light will get bark. Roots grow however they need to get to the surface. Some resulting shapes are pretty fantastic.

I have come across many of the kind of tree breaks, and structures, or pseudo structures in the woods many times, most before I became interested in the subject of SasQuatch. Some were 'unusual' enough for me to remember them, and to quickly quiz myself as to what they were and why would anyone go to the trouble of doing it. None would qualify as any kind of shelter, or even as a good hunting blind. I usually chalked them up to children playing in the woods and building 'forts' and such, although some of them were in places on military reservations that shouldn't have had children there, but another thing always was thought by me at the time, that the structures were "almost" something, Like someone or something almost had the intelligence to do whatever it was they were doing. I don't know what any of them were, I have no pictures, as I say at the time, they were just curious out of place things apparently done by something intelligent or children. On more than one small stream valley I have come upon what was a almost structure that was made from a willow tree, the willow trees will sometimes make umbrella like structures themselves, and the long hanging branches will even take root themselves in the ground. Which is cool and kinda pretty to see one like that, but on more than one, someone, something, or nature had placed very long broom sage stalks evenly spaced all around the natural (I presume) willow structure. The broom straw stalks were like six inches apart, lain up against the willow branches. It was'nt enough to be a shelter or to shed water, it wasn't even enough to me anyways to be a blind or hide. They were just "unusual" . It would fit the bill for kids playing. But the broom sage was meticulously placed, very evenly and neat, which was 'unusual' to me, but of course children, even meticulous kids could have done it. but it wasn't near any household with children, none of them were. Probably over a mile. Up these streams I look for the coarser gold, hopefully deposited by the stream near the original weathering of whatever vein or lode it weathered out of, and of course others think the same way and look in the same places. Another thing is moonshiners use the same areas, the seclusion and the running fresh water and the steepness of most of the spurs and deepness of the draws are good hiding spots. So any of those humans could have done that, but, to me it was still' unusual

and to why..

Edited by people booger

People booger, that willow tree, with its 'add-ons', sounds like it was truly a knockout sight. 

About bowed trees: Someone who goes to the same areas I do (and knows a lot more about the woods than I do) has noticed that the arches are often at about antler height. This person thinks the BF may use them to impede the progress of the bucks they're hunting, so the BF have a better chance of closing the deal.

Same for the smaller arches. All around 'my' area, I see bowed saplings that are knee height (for a human, I mean) and sometimes even lower than that. And they're often in clusters, like the taller arches are. The same person thinks these smaller arches are also hazards for deer in flight and create more opportunities for the BF to conclude their hunts successfully.  

This tree break that I found the next day, really startled me Monday night.  It could have been natural.  And the sounds that I heard for the next 4 hours could have been natural.  Knowing that they lurk around here sometimes, I wondered about it.  Actually, at the time it broke, it sent me out of my skin for a few minutes.  What a rush. 

These are some other tree things that I have noticed on our property or just nearby this past year.  Not saying that they are or are not related to BF, just they were interesting to my eye at the time. 

post-23451-0-24700000-1406179707_thumb.j

post-23451-0-25635200-1406179763_thumb.j

post-23451-0-02047500-1406179945_thumb.j

post-23451-0-67936700-1406179985_thumb.j

post-23451-0-29635400-1406180022_thumb.j

Some more pics from our property and nearby.

Unloading all I got for tree pics from this year.  Not saying it is or it ain't, just saying...

I think this is the last of what I have for interesting tree pictures.

These two were taken on the path from Bigfoot Ridge at Salt Fork, near the campground on the way to some sort of historic farm on an official SF trail.  The guys we were camping with, (a bunch of BFooters and researchers), were impressed with this.  A buddy and I hung out there a few nights later, and had an experience that we will never forget, May 2014 with the Bigfoot Adventure crew. 

There was one more twist just a few feet in along the path of the other two.  I don't know why I didn't take a picture of that.  Oh yeah, the next morning for the investigation, I was in flip flops and didn't want to get into the poison ivy.

The old Army naturalist friend I was with, think that we heard surrounding us what may have made those twists.  It was intense to say the least.

post-23451-0-14549000-1406180348_thumb.j

post-23451-0-57057800-1406181164_thumb.j

post-23451-0-06502500-1406181243_thumb.j

post-23451-0-31428800-1406181489_thumb.j

post-23451-0-11108400-1406181577_thumb.j

post-23451-0-93544100-1406181647_thumb.j

post-23451-0-93841600-1406181803_thumb.j

post-23451-0-62042300-1406181985_thumb.j

• Upvote 1

It is the lone tree with a twisted break that intrigue me the most, always. I need to b.o.l.o. for those more.

Still haven't had anybody tell me how twisted breaks are done by something that doesn't have hands.

Edited by DWA

Just one of the many unanswered, yep. And I'm open to anything plausible.  This kind of thing is some of the most compelling for me, as I've said many times. C'mon....what? It is not at all amenable to hand-wave dismissals.  Some of these you'd need either heavy equipment or a grip-hoist to manage.    

But then you'd just bring that equipment back there with you, right, just like the track fakers bring several hundred pounds of stomping equipment into the boonies with them to places they can't predict with any reliability anyone will ever see their work...and then vanish without trace leaving the dangdest tracks, you mean like that?  Is there something I'm missing?

Likely there is, son...

Right, EXACTLY like that! 

I'm not saying I believe I know what twisted these trunks like cooked linguine, you know?  We've had some really nice documentation of stuff here, that for me ranges from the easily dismissed as blowdowns, or random trees (they all fall, eventually, right?) to the truly puzzling. These twisties are in that last category for me. Trees blow down, kids and vagabonds can built stick structures...but how some outside mechanical force was able to do something like this...whatever that force is...is just a stumper. A close second are the massively heavy stacks of whole trees in the middle of remote wildernesses, that did not obviously fall off nearby stumps.

Conventional theories for me:

Well, I got nuthin'.... 

^ I agree. Here's one found a couple days ago near a creek, large plum tree snapped right over like a toothpick. Leaves are green and you can see the unripe plums. Diameter at the break is about 3" and it's about 8' high. I found a few smaller breaks in that vicinity, leaves also green.

1zok9ow.jpg

O.K. maaaaaaybe a black bear yearling, climbing high and trying to figure out what is good to eat? The straight-snap presents some ambiguity to me. Have you got blackies where you are?

Yes. While I think it's unlikely a bear would be in that area, it's possible.

Seems like a lot of force behind it...I dunno file.

Edited by JKH