Bigfoot Sitting High In A Tree Casually Watching Our Research Party

Midnight Owl

I have downloaded selected clips from a video I shot early last year in East Texas close to the Louisiana border.  It shows a tall hairy subject sitting up high in a pine tree casually watching our research party more than 500 yards down the hill.

Even at that great distance, I was able to capture a fairly decent image of him, so much so that you can actually make out the oily sheen on his left arm.  The slower motion helps steady some of the jiggles and movement that a telephoto shot can bring.

For those interested folks that know how difficult and elusive these subjects can be, ENJOY THIS RARE AND FORTUNATE CLIP!  For those skeptics, nay-sayers and laptop researchers, I don’t owe you a thing!  Whether you believe this or not, it doesn’t change what I have personally experienced out there where it really counts!

I have now come to the place where I want to share more with good interested folks!  To share and exchange our experiences out there…

Have a very blessed day!

Midnight Owl 

Great blobsquatch. So, when you saw this in the tree, why didn't you haul butt down there and get some good video of it? Why not wait below the tree or nearby until it climbed down?

Guest JiggyPotamus

This is very interesting. The fact that this video was shot in the same region where I had my encounter is also satisfying. I will go ahead and mention what someone is bound to in this thread, which is that it is quite hard to tell exactly what we are looking at. That we are looking at some type of fur or hair I am certain. And that we are looking at something fairly large is obvious to me as well. I am just having a hard time making out enough detail to see the various anatomical pieces of the animal. I am not saying that this isn't a sasquatch. It very well could be. Plus, since you were there in the first place, you are going to have a better idea of what you saw than we will get through the video.

Viewing in person allows for much greater detail, especially considering the distance we are talking about here. What surprises me the most is that you noticed something up there in the first place. Could you tell whether it was watching you, or if it was just up there for some other reason?

I can't help but wonder, if this is a real bigfoot, whether they climb trees often. I was under the impression that young sasquatch climb trees all the time, but larger adults do not in most circumstances. But I always knew that if gorillas could climb and sleep in trees, which they do, then sasquatch can as well. So I am curious as to whether this animal just happened to up there when you saw it, instead of it climbing to get a better view. It appears, from what I can make out, that it is just chilling up there. I would bet that many researchers don't bother to look in the trees. But that would be a good hiding spot for them in some circumstances.

This sure does look like East Texas. I have always been struck by the semi-unique forests in this region, mainly because it is so nice to explore, and just to look at. If this is a sasquatch then it attests to their climbing abilities, considering the pines in this region often lack branches that can be used to mount the trunk. So it could have shimmied up there like a lumberjack or something, wrapping its arms around the trunk. When one has the strength of a sasquatch they can probably do many things that are surprising to us.

I agree with Rockape above. Opportunity lost. To see it walk away bipedally, or just better closeups. Maybe they can set it up again for better results. 

This clip looks exactly like what we have plenty of in Minnesota, black bears, doing what they do all the time. Sit in the top of a tree, in broad daylight and chill. Just my $.02, although I hope I'm proven wrong.

Thanks for posting the video Midnight Owl. I enlarged it 500%. It certainly has the shape of a BF. Very long arms. I could see what appeared to be one hand clutching a limb. No way that is a bear. (If it is not a BF, someone went to a lot of trouble to make it look like one.) The old timers in the river bottoms in my neck of the woods say the things were often seen in the big virgin oak and holly trees that have been clear-cut just like the areas shown in your video. 

And by the way, I can imagine what would have happened had you hauled butt toward that tree. You could have got a got shot of his perch I bet.

Regards

Thank you Midnight Owl for sharing what you have.  That looks quite interesting.  Whether I can see the intended object or not, I appreciate those that are willing to let us have a look.  I would love to see more people put their videos up, but I completely understand why many don't.  Will be watching for more :) Have you done any research down around central TX?

Edited by shuseby

Hmmmm....I get that people don't always think clearly during in an encounter, which I can attest to. The shoulda, coulda, woulda scenarios run through your head after an encounter for sure, but ones from far off would have a slightly different affect. I've got to ask, where is the video of it coming down the tree? Nobody on earth would walk away from a Bigfoot sitting in a tree. Where is the video at different angles, which someone would surely attempt to get a better vantage point of a BF that was a sitting duck in a tree, especially a BF researcher. Why not walk right up to the tree and film it? I can see where that could strike fear into someone, but at least a closer-up shouldn't be out of the question. Too many dubious circumstances, once again, to think there is anything of note in this vid, aside from possibly a bear, person, or some other random animal. Those trees don't appear to be old growth, by any means, so I'd struggle thinking that something the size of a BF would climb them, or put itself to be easily spotted with nowhere to retreat. Sorry, bud. If you are selling this as a BF vid, I'm not buying.

And a side note....You all realize that you can put a camera, or your iPhone up to binoculars or spotting scope and take vid/pics, right?

Thank you for posting the vid.  I am curious about the back story.  For instance, how many did you see total?  How long did it take for the centenal to get down from the tree?  How did the encounter end once they were on the move?  

You picked this spot for reason.  Any story there.

Thanks again.

NCBFr

To give some perspective on the way this unfolded, I was scanning the ridgeline with 7 x 50 binoculars and noticed this dark spot mixed in among the greens and browns of the ridgeline.  Still quite small through the glasses.  I then broke out the 30X monocular and placed it over the 7 X camcorder and began videoing.  Without my reading glasses, I spent some time squinting over the small LED screen keeping the subject centered.  It wasn't until I stopped videoing and played the file back through my laptop later that I realized what it was up there.  I have since obtained a better video setup, but have not been as fortunate yet.

People can believe or accept what ever they want regarding this video, it doesn't matter to me.  I have no personal interest in this.  My pleasure is drawn from sharing with interested folks on this forum, that is what it was formed for... 

Awesome video, Midnight Owl. I always enjoy your posts. And it was so much fun to hear your narration, because of your enjoyment of your subject(s). Thanks for sharing this with us!

The area is known for activity as are many other areas in Texas and Oklahoma that I have been to.  The reason I was using a mini camcorder is it is about the size of a cell phone which many folks carry and put up to their face.  The same with the small monocular.  If you are carrying anything other than small articles, your chances of even seeing one are nil. 

I have only been back there once and shot the video on the roadway where you can hear a faint wood knock or two, a hoot and the shapes along the tree line.  I was going to break out the scope and a thunderstorm blew up and ended that.  I don't do lightning very well... 

To give some perspective on the way this unfolded, I was scanning the ridgeline with 7 x 50 binoculars and noticed this dark spot mixed in among the greens and browns of the ridgeline.  Still quite small through the glasses.  I then broke out the 30X monocular and placed it over the 7 X camcorder and began videoing.  Without my reading glasses, I spent some time squinting over the small LED screen keeping the subject centered.  It wasn't until I stopped videoing and played the file back through my laptop later that I realized what it was up there.

So, you were out looking for bigfoot and saw a dark subject far off, but then didn't try to get closer to see what it really was? Am I reading that right?

To explain things more, I was in a camp site with nearly a dozen folks. We had activity all around us at various times (i.e. wood knocking, hooting, branch breaking), so my focus was not just on that particular tree line. I had strolled over to my vehicle about 30 feet from the group and just began looking about with a pair of 7x50 binoculars. At some point, I noticed this dark blob along the tree line at the top of the hill. My first impression was a vulture perched on a tree, but if it was, it was huge! I decided what ever it was, I was going to shoot a video of it. I had a small mini camcorder and a 30X monocular I use as a jury rigged telephoto lens. it is light and works well, but holding it over the camera lens is challenging.

I took two video clips of it and had not used my reading glasses. I centered the dark blob on the small LED screen and took the video. Another point of interest much closer to camp sprang up and I was off that way. I never realized what I had captured until much later while reviewing all my videos through the laptop. These subjects are extremely difficult to see, let alone get pictures of. I have held this for over a year and decided to share it with no strings attached. I remember it was just a few short years ago that I hungered for information about this highly elusive subject. Since then, I have been blessed with multiple visual encounters that have exceeded my wildest expectations!!...If they will permit it, I will eventually capture a clear up close video or picture of them, but it will be in their time, not mine....

• Like 1