Bigfoot Sitting High In A Tree Casually Watching Our Research Party

Midnight Owl

It's interesting, but IMO impossible to call one way or another. There just isnt enough information in the film.

I like to think it's a Squatch, however. :D

thanks for sharing.

Admin

Thanks for sharing the video Midnight Owl. I hope your experiences here just keep getting better. I would be carrying that camera at all times while I was in this area. At least you know that you are probably not going to sneak up on them. Good Luck!

Thanks for sharing this with us...but I'm a little confused, and it is probably my fault. Your narration/voiceover sounded like you were relating the event as it happened, and that you understood it to be a Sasquatch as you were filming. Do I understand your comment above to to say you only knew what it was after you viewed the video later? If so, your narration was added afterwards?

SSR Team

Firstly thanks for sharing your research MO

Those trees don't appear to be old growth, by any means, so I'd struggle thinking that something the size of a BF would climb them, or put itself to be easily spotted with nowhere to retreat.

The above is what I thought of straight away, there doesn't appear to be any large trees visible in the video that old take the weight of one of these things.

Any chance that when you go back, you could video or at least look at the section of trees where the subject was to determine if there was any that could hold that knd of weight ?

I actually have no issue with the thought that these things use trees at times and in fact, am pretty sure they would do.

It's just "what tree's" that's the issue.

I have no problem with some of the species of monster trees in the PNW, I don't know enough about the south or the east to be sure though.

I have to always chuckle to myself when someone predicts what a Wood Ape "should" do in any given circumstance. If this is the animal in this video, it is, by definition, doing what a WA does, am I right? If you are relying on a behavioral analysis to tell you if such a video is genuine or not, you don't have a good enough video, I would just propose. At any rate, that is the criteria around which my yes/no/probably opinions are formed. Your mileage may vary. 

I see something big, dark and perched high up on a pretty inacessible limb.  Assuming a hoaxer is not likely to be proficient in using climbing spurs, this is either what it is purported to be, or a black bear. A hunter sitting in a climbing stand is not at all likely I don't think. It is just too high up there to think anyone would be likely to do that. Is this early enough in the year to be during deer season? I might consider that possibility, if so. As has been mentioned, you really need something to gauge the scale of the thing with.

Midnight Owl is obvioulsly convinced, and he was there, and I was not, so I'm just talking out of my posterior at any rate...but, I would have to say this not objective proof for me, but evidence nonetheless.

For those who think this tree couldn't support a large animal...let me just point out that you pass hundreds of trees a day that have that rating, and more. These are the transmission line poles adjacent to any road. They hold up hundreds, if not thousands of pounds. A lot of them are loblolly pines, which is what this probably is. It's girth appears to be every bit as large as your typical telephone pole.

SSR Team

For those who think this tree couldn't support a large animal...let me just point out that you pass hundreds of trees a day that have that rating, and more. These are the transmission line poles adjacent to any road. They hold up hundreds, if not thousands of pounds. A lot of them are loblolly pines, which is what this probably is. It's girth appears to be every bit as large as your typical telephone pole.

There's no way you can tell the girth of that tree from that video, but if you believe you can then that's up to you.

True BobbyO but if those are the trees at around 1:09 in the video I can see them easily supporting whatever it was.

And I want to add that I do not think that MO is trying to pull a fast one here, I just wish he had gotten much closer.

SSR Team

Right gotcha, I watched the video again, thanks for pointing it out.

I still personally am not sure those trees would hold that weight but I guess we will never know now.

MO I don't suppose you took close ups of those scuff marks that were maybe made from repeate climbing of trees do you ?

What would scuffs be made by anyway would we think ( if anything ) ?

Nails ? It wouldn't be bare feet although the are feet could climb those trees in that video for sure.

But how would they climb then and what would scuff them ?

There's no way you can tell the girth of that tree from that video, but if you believe you can then that's up to you.

Not saying I would be able to cruise it for bf yield Bobby, but I've got some up-close and personal experience with Southern pines in general.  (Hell, there really are very few Southern males who haven't...we just live in a piney world). I've sawed them with chain, pruning, two-man, band and circular saws. Judging from the height, as it appears at that distance, I could probably give you a fairly accurate ball-park on the diameter, but suffice it to say, this tree ain't going anywhere. You have one fall on your garage in a hurricane, you get to know what it takes to break or knock one over.  A lot.

I find the segment around 6:22 the most interesting. I may just be talking myself into seeing something that isn't there, but it looks all the world like an ape holding a hand up to its face, wrist cocked,  and wiggling/flexing the index finger. To anyone who has ever spent time in the Monkey House, this is somehing you'd recognize.

SSR Team

Fair enough..

Thanks for clarifying.

But hey BobbyO, do you see what I see about a possible hand/finger? I'm wanting somebody to tell me I'm nuts or not. What do you see? 

The narration portion was taken on a return trip to the location about two weeks later. During that time, I had another researcher stand near the location where I could see him and shot a video clip of him and compared it with the subject in the trees. The exemplar subject was a 160 pound male. I couldn't compare height, but have attached a picture showing shoulder joint width. That was not a baby up in the trees. The trees with the crook were about 3 feet in diameter.post-1510-0-25657900-1377117678_thumb.jppost-1510-0-25657900-1377117678_thumb.jp

Here is a comparison picture I shot at the same place, same distance with an exemplar subject. The tree was about 3 feet in diameter.