Bigfoot Sitting High In A Tree Casually Watching Our Research Party

Midnight Owl

I'm not trying to be a naysayer, but you state, by your title of the thread, that it IS definitively a Bigfoot watching you guys, not 'possibly' a bigfoot, and coupled with the production of your vid with the soundtrack and Patty comparisons, I may have misinterpreted your intent.  500 yards isn't that far, IMO, so it just seems weird that you would have the spot glassed and think it was a vulture, then after viewing the clip on video, which doesn't seem to me would be as clear as the naked eye through binos, it's a bigfoot.  Oh well.  I wouldn't care what people thought of any vid that posted that I thought was a bigfoot, either.  It just seems that researchers 'want' everything to be a bigfoot, as opposed to being objective about their evidence, or experiences.  It may very well be a bigfoot, but I wouldn't stake my reputation on it, or produce a video to try and make it appear like one, either, if the video/context alone doesn't support what I am claiming. 

This video link shows the base area of the trees where the subject in the trees was sitting. As you traveled up the hill, several dips and curves caused you to lose sight of the ridge line by other lines of trees. Angles caused perception to change and many tree clusters looked the same. It wasn’t as simple as just walking up a marked field and knowing exactly where you are. Even on user friendly golf courses with a much easier layout, finding the location of a driven golf ball can be very taxing. The same applies in this particular situation. I could not get there by just walking a straight line.

In order to find this location, I had to have another researcher walk up to the ridge as I directed him by walkie-talkie from the location where I shot the video. I then met him there to review it.

I have attached video showing the base area. Because of it having third party faces and voices who do not want any public exposure, I had to clip out sections, which make this clip a bit fragmented, but displays the tree layout, a mixture of small and larger trees.

Note: that dark spot down the hill is just a stump…at least that what I thought it was…

Sorry folks, I got my links confused!!! This goes with the previous entry...sorry its early and I haven't had my first cup of coffee!

MO thanks for this! I understand the issues with near vision and LED screens! My problem with my own daytime BF video, in that, I could see nothing well in the screen and gave up, not realizing I had him...and of course my eyes were focused on the screen...arggg!   I did eventually buy a camcorder with a viewfinder and HD quality (which costs more in the Sony line) and glad I did generally, no more LED screens (although it has option). 

A little off topic...is that private land? Is it logged?

p.s.  my BF was in a tree also..and estimated to be about 5' in height...so not full grown, but probably 200 or so lbs...

Edited by apehuman

So a 600 lb primate was up at the top of an 8 or 10" round pine tree, on a Windy day?

Really?

No wonder there are so few of them.

Well, you're right.  They can't climb.  Grizzlies can't.  Lions can't.  And apes - just like lions and tigers - fear and avoid water.

All the latter three were what we all thought at one point, and we were all wrong.

Something 600 pounds in a 10" diameter pine?  You can't hang something that big in a tree that size?  Sure you can.  And so can it, if it can climb the tree.

Edited by DWA

I agree with that comparison DWA. I draw the line at the paranormal, but an animal that appears ape-like climbing a tree? How is that, exactly, a stretch?

I don't have the ability to say if this video purports to be what it claims to be, or not. And not that the world should care if I do, or don't, right? But, I always try to be mindful of the fact that just because a piece of purported evidence comes with a tacit request to pass judgment on it, it doesn't mean I necessarily should, and if I do, I should not be too slow to acknowledge I am not the boy genius I might think I am. Just ask my wife.

^^^^Right.  As I like to say to everyone who tells me that is obviously a local and you can tell by the 2/3 empty bottle of Coors you can see, look, right here:

I don't know what that is.  And neither do you.

Everything about this makes sense:  the difficulty of finding the specific tree; the location and how an animal might benefit from the view at that general location; everything else.

And none of us know what that is; and it sure looks odd.  And folks tend not to look up for their bigfoot sightings.  And this isn't exactly alone in the genre, neither.

Is it possible to get another shot from the same point as the original video?

2dtu4w9.jpg

If the dark spot is still there then you know it's nothing living.

Also how do you know it's in a tree and not just on the hill? The dark spot you circled sits right on a hilltop.

Edited by roguefooter

I didn't get a tape on them Drew, but I can assure you, some were much thicker than any utility line pole...

• 2 weeks later...

First off - thank you for sharing MO.  I have a few clarifying questions.

So at the 1:09 mark, you are noting that is where the subject was perched, but that is not the subject?  (It kinda looks blob-squatchy and at first I thought that is what you were pointing out.)

And to make sure I understand correctly - at the 4:15 mark you are still doing the narration on the return trip and you happen to see another one in nearly the same area?

Then at about 4:45 is when the video switches over to the original footage?

Yes, there is a collection of two visits to the location.  To precisely ID the location on the ridge, I had another person walk up the hill while I remained at the first video location.  By radio, I directed them to the spot, then I walked up there and met them to record the trees.  I should have been clearer when I put it together.  I just enjoy sharing what I have experienced out there...