Has Bf Caused You To Be Slightly Paranoid In The Woods?

georgerm

Hello Cervelo,

It's still better than having one's brains eaten by Aliens. That's just one of the scenarios that some believers in ET fear. Ah well....

Eh, it's been a year since my weirdness in the woods.  I am absolutely more attentive.  Plus, we've had a huge increase in the amount of mountain lion sightings within town limits and in the near woods, so paying attention to your surroundings and keeping an eye on kids is always a good thing.  When we are out and about, which hasn't been often since my van started being completely unreliable, I look for all the supposed bigfoot signs FWIW, YMMV.

Guest cbehnke

if i ever saw one up close, i'd be so scared that I would instantly produce such a copious amount of crap in my pants that a BF would just want to get away from the horrific stench.  laugh at me if you want, but it's a brilliant, failsafe defense mechanism honed over millions of years of evolution.

i still go in the woods, but i'm like a fully armed weapon because I always eat a bunch of mexican and thai food before i go.

Guest SquatchinNY

Has the knowledge about BF caused you to be more watchful while being in the forest?

Do you have strong fear?

Do you feel brave and desire to see one face to face?

Do you enjoy the forest but BF keeps you thinking?

The Native Americans seemed to fear BF and many stayed out of their territory, and they were known be be brave.  Are we fools for going into their territory and acting too self assured.

Haven't read the thread, but I'll admit this. When I first got into BF, when I was around 12, I had many a scared night. Now...that fear is present at times, but not as much. As long as I can bribe him with cookies.....

Has the knowledge about BF caused you to be more watchful while being in the forest? No. I am more focussed on the animals that I know exist such as venomous snakes, gators, panthers, hogs and meth heads.

Do you have strong fear? No, well of centipedes I guess. They freak me the hell out.

Do you feel brave and desire to see one face to face? Yes but am worried after I shoot it in the face it will be some jack-ass in a costume.

Do you enjoy the forest but BF keeps you thinking? I love the woods. BF is hardly as blip on my radar.

The Native Americans seemed to fear BF and many stayed out of their territory, and they were known be be brave.  Are we fools for going into their territory and acting too self assured. Native AMericans did a hell of a lot of mind altering natural drugs back then as well. No we are not fools. I am confident I will not encounter a bigfoot let alone one kill me.

Edited by Ginger
To Check Content for Language Filter - added a hyphen so word would pass through filter

Hello Cervelo,

It's still better than having one's brains eaten by Aliens. That's just one of the scenarios that some believers in ET fear. Ah well....

And here I was concerned over anal probes.. 

All i hear from people here headed into the woods is "What about snakes!"..

So far though no issues...  they make a tasty meal on occasion..  :)

Actually I get more paranoid tracing thru some of the rougher parts of Oakland or dealing with untrust worthy people than ever I had time in the great outdoora; just saying.

You weren't asking me, but ... try this one: http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=57236 .   The bigfoot stories are the NORMAL part.

MIB

Interesting question. I'm a lifelong hunter and just got back from a grouse hunt in N. Central Washington outide of Twisp. I've always been "pro" BF, but it was only this spring that I dove into the phenomena via this site and many others. This weekend's hunt was my first since my increased BF awareness, and yes, it changed things for me.

In addition to being aware of my quarry, I was constantly aware that I was in "his" territory. I found myself looking for movement along ridgelines, and faces staring back at me in dark and shaded areas. Honestly, having a 12 guage in my arms made being out there feel okay, but it was still very different.

I slept in my 4Runner at night, and found myself waking more often than normal.

An interesting thing happened to my buddies the day after I left (they kept hunting and went to an area new to all of us). Now, these guys are all BF scoffers but have logged hundreds of hours in the woods. Not close minded, but "where's the bones?" types. Anyway, the night they camped without me in this new camp, something "that was breathing loudly" came into their camp and woke them. They looked around with flashlights, finding nothing. The next morning a pair of fawns were near camp, so they deduced it was the doe checking things out. I'm not so sure. Honestly, I'm glad I was not there as I think I might have freaked out a bit by a loudly breathing, unseen animal. So yes, I'm now a bit paranoid.

GK

Edited by Gotta Know

How can anyone fear wolves? Lol show me the documentation, a chance meeting with a wolf is like...well a chance meeting with sasquatch.

i guess you never visited canada, You get yourself in a valley with very steep sides and only one trail, or go out on a point of a lake frozen or not,

and there is a pak of 6 or 7 120-150 lbs wolves, you better be packing or you are in a heap of trouble. They are opportunist. we went on hunts up there

for 8 years and herd lots of stories of wolves not backing off until 1 or 2 were shot. our 1 guide had a quad break down and had to hike out and it was dark.

a pack of wolves followed them all the way out, just out of eyesight. If they fell and were injured and couldn't get up, you have problems

Edited by zigoapex

Fear....if you know what causes it. It's easy to control.

Just don't let those two almond shaped Amygdala's (one on each side of your temple) which are located deep within your temporal lobe, go ape on you. They are after all related to survival. It's what gives us our flight/fight response.

.....I just take a couple of Zanax before I go into the woods......it shuts those buggers down!