Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

I presume you can talk and make hand gestures, right?  Yet you still type posts.  Why?

Extrapolating, perhaps they communicate different ways for different purposes.  Different distances?   Privacy of a sort / filtering their audience?   Different sorts of information that don't lend themselves to transmission via telepathy?

MIB

^^^^^^

Like what?

If I can project my thoughts into your brain I would say that's about as good as it gets.

This is now way out there.

If they have telepathy, why would they use "Morse" code?

Maybe they have AT&T telepathy service; higher rates not good service in the boonies. Probably just works in residential areas.

Hypothetically, it could be the difference between telephone, where you need to know the "number" of who you want to talk to, and a broadcast channel of communications, such as CB radio.

That's postulating that telepathy may only work when you either previously know the individual you want to talk to, or can identify a recipient by sight. For finding out if there's people you may know in the vicinity, or for greeting strangers who are tuned into the same broadcast medium, it may be better to broadcast.

tl;dr woodknocks are channel 9 :D

Obi Wan Kenobie could talk specifically to Luke across star systems...........without the Imperials eavesdropping.

I mean if we are going to insert science fiction into this debate concerning the abilities of Squatch? Let's get it right...........

So entering the realm of the purely subjective,   Communication and Perception.  Where is the line drawn, even with humans it is quite easy to see we read each others behavior and body language, and in cases of identical twins, be even almost capable of complete intuition.  Not even needing to say what they are thinking.  Telepathy, I don't know, but it seems reasonable that the more one would rely on the intuitive perception, the more one could seemingly read thoughts, it may not be as simple as a thought being like a radio wave able to be received, it may be a bit more meta physical.  If you believe in the realm of spirit or soul, this realm transcends the physical limitations of the body, and could possibly explain telepathic ability, or as a matter of pure physics... thought is indeed matter, in the form of electrical impulses running through the brain, and possibly these are perceivable in and of themselves, as mentioned with the idea of decoding the signal.  I suggest it is the combination of all the above that make it possible to understand or read the thoughts of another, and that the ability is one that can be developed.  Now consider Sasquatch and his or her hypersensitive hearing and smell, and night vision, living in a sort of isolation, but always peering into it's surroundings deciphering, is it safe, is it unsafe, can I move, must I stay still, is it worth the energy, and oh of course, what the heck are the human's doing now, and what stupid humans, how can they exist like that.  Who knows the depth of those thoughts taking place, we know that apes are capable of some pretty complex thoughts and emotions, so how much more this higher order ape/human. Call it what you may, but highly intelligent, and maybe having developed perception to a higher level, it appears to read thoughts.   I can only say that after thinking a great deal about Sasquatch from an analytical and hypothetical position,  I was given an experience of their reality that very much seemed like a response to my thoughts and reflections, and perhaps my behavior of noticing things, and looking for things.  They may have simply been able to perceive my looking for them....

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

I don't think that analogy works.

I wouldn't have offered it up if I didn't think it worked.   I'm curious why you think it doesn't.  

MIB

Interesting, so they are in constant contact with Kashyyyk? ;)

nerd alert

I wouldn't have offered it up if I didn't think it worked.   I'm curious why you think it doesn't.  

MIB

replace typing with speaking maybe

Humans.........the hyper dominant most technological advanced species on the planet, still uses many forms of communication for the simple fact that we do not possess the ability to communicate telepathically. If we did? We wouldn't have to use hand gestures, language nor type thoughts on the internet.

Where is the evidence for any of this?

Humans, Norse?  A collection of symbiotic bacteria, for the most part. Talk about hyper dominance. This planet is owned by bacteria, and we live here at their sufferance. I expect that they have better means of communication than we have ever dreamed of. Every scientific revelation on this subject is more mind-blowing than the last. They may make you fat, or skinny. They may regulate your mood. They may just take their orders from some bacterial overlord, who knows?

Neither here nor there, on this topic, I realize, but.....you got to admit, it is an awesome reality that seems to thumb its nose at our so-called dominance.  

Edited by WSA