Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

Guest Darrell

Well, I would say that those who claim to have seen a bigfoot fall into the fanatical belief camp. But it shouldnt be about making someone believe what you do. That opens up, IMO, a proselytizing aspect that shouldnt be part of the discussion. Im skepical, Im not trying to make you not believe what you believe but to offer a different view point. If you dont like that, thats your choice. But dont make it a cult of believers vs the non believers.

SSR Team

Well, I would say that those who claim to have seen a bigfoot fall into the fanatical belief camp..

And people wonder why witnesses shy away from this forum.

How incredibly offensive.

BIG thumbs down.

^^^^^^

How can someone be a fanatical believer, if they have seen something with their own two eyes? Knowledge through observation is not a belief. A belief in something is simply taking something on faith.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/faith

Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence

Well, I would say that those who claim to have seen a bigfoot fall into the fanatical belief camp. But it shouldnt be about making someone believe what you do. That opens up, IMO, a proselytizing aspect that shouldnt be part of the discussion. Im skepical, Im not trying to make you not believe what you believe but to offer a different view point. If you dont like that, thats your choice. But dont make it a cult of believers vs the non believers.

A very interesting and modern way of saying "don't give me the truth" :lol:

Guest Darrell

And how so? Would someone argue that if you saw one your wouldnt be convinced they exist and what ever I say on an internet forum wouldnt convince you otherwise?  That sounds fanatical to me.  Its not about "dont give me the truth", but the fact that many here purse this in an actual religious manner and it has become part of their spiritual belief system.

Edited by Darrell

Thanks JDL. I missed that one. I'll check out the bfro sightings.

Darrell, I don't try to convince anyone of what I saw. Why? Because I can't. It's that simple. It doesn't make me a fanatical believer. I don't claim to believe in BF. I know they exist. It's that simple. I don't expect you to believe and don't care wheather you do or not. This is also very simple to understand.

And how so? Would someone argue that if you saw one your wouldnt be convinced they exist and what ever I say on an internet forum wouldnt convince you otherwise?  That sounds fanatical to me.  Its not about "dont give me the truth", but the fact that many here purse this in an actual religious manner and it has become part of their spiritual belief system.

If I had you over for a BBQ and while having a beer in my backyard we both saw a ufo land in the grass?

You and I would not be believers............we are knowers or witnesses. Or we are full of prunes aka liars and made the whole thing up. ;)

But if we told our wives about the event and they believed us? Then they would be believers..........

Do you see the distinction I'm trying to make?

Guest Darrell

^Ok, Ill take that explanation. But I think we are splitting hairs between knowers and believers. I think they can, and in many cases are, the same.

^Ok, Ill take that explanation. But I think we are splitting hairs between knowers and believers. I think they can, and in many cases are, the same.

If they claim to be a knower and are just a believer?

Then they are a liar.

• Upvote 1

Darrell, it's like this.  Stand face to face with something that could rip your head off if it decided to.  Doesn't matter what anyone else says after that. 

I know that they exist.  What I don't understand is why it didn't kill me.

I suppose it would depend on the claims they made based on what was accepted and how they interpreted the evidence.

^^^^^^

How can someone be a fanatical believer, if they have seen something with their own two eyes? Knowledge through observation is not a belief. A belief in something is simply taking something on faith.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/faith

Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence

This is the fundamental problem with bigfoot skeptics.  They accept a priori that this cannot be real; they preface every sentence for all intents and purposes with "Since this cannot be real..." and they interpret everything through that filter.

How could someone who has simply seen something with their own two eyes be a "fanatical" anything?  Most witnesses were hardline scoftics.  Then they saw one.  What is so fanatical about that?

If you have seen something - regardless what it is - with your own two eyes, you know you did.  This is one of the very few things on this board that everyone verifies through personal experience numerous times per second.  Anyone who thinks anything else is presuming you crazy, deluded or impaired.  I'd like to see the evidence (that nasty word again!) they used to come to that conclusion.