Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

^^^^^^^^^^^

Bacteria has no choice............because it is incapable of making CHOICES. 

I'm having a very hard time understanding how someone is confusing the most advanced life form on the planet with the most primitive one.

Bacteria, wow, this thread is going to cover all the bases, maybe we should touch on the ability of bigfoot to supposedly de-materialize. I think that telepathic bigfoots are really the ones controlling this conversation, introducing strange subjects, diverting us from discovering their true capabilities, no seriously, all this nonsense of their super abilities is purely subjective, and does not deserve our discussion, as I demonstrated by my last post, just a bunch of gooblie ****. It might be more productive to discuss Bacteria and it's telepathic capabilities, and then move on to the higher life forms

Wait I recall one conversation (circa 1978) on just that very subject, later we climbed a water tower, just another night when your taking acid....

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

^^^^^^^^^^^

Bacteria has no choice............because it is incapable of making CHOICES. 

I'm having a very hard time understanding how someone is confusing the most advanced life form on the planet with the most primitive one.

Ummm....yeah.  Just crankin' you Norse, and I'm not making that comparison. What I commented on originally, and granted I went OT, was that calling humans the "dominant" lfeform, as you did, may not be exactly the truth is all. Plus, I kind of like the idea of a Bacterial Overlord. MIght be the name of my next band, hmmm.  Moving on... 

Yep.  We confuse intelligence for, you know, smarts.

Really higher intelligence isn't much different than the antlers on the Irish elk or Smilodon's fangs.  It's us who think it's Just So Fundamentally Different, not Ma Nature.  Those critters were probably **** proud of their ornaments too, and intelligence has worked for us pretty well.

So far.

But a school of thought says that one reason we may not be getting too many replies in our Miss Lonelyhearts search for other intelligent life is that "advanced" intelligence might have a bad tendency to destroy itself as it peaks.  We're already seeing a number of ways that could happen to us.

Bacteria reproduce **** fast.  They "learn" genetically; that's what evolved immunity is, whether you like the word in quotes or not.  (That, in fact, is what evolution is.)  And as our vaunted medical profession is finding out, it's hard keeping up with some of 'em.

(I got dibs on Viral Overlord.  While we're on something else it might not be a bad idea to keep a weather eye out for.)

Sometimes I think the only thing that is truly unique about us is our tendency to think We're All That.

(The fruits of intelligence:  one thing we are demonstrably better at than any other species ever is fouling our own nest.  We do it faster and more thoroughly, and in so many more ways.)

Edited by DWA

We've evolved flatter fore heads and less pronounced brow ridges, which makes way for more room for a frontal lobe of a big brain.

None of this was by conscious choice either. 

But that is not the same process as deciding to build the great wall of China or shoot communication satellites into the air either.

And without a brain? Your very limited to the flow of evolution and not conscious choice.

Bacteria, wow, this thread is going to cover all the bases, maybe we should touch on the ability of bigfoot to supposedly de-materialize. I think that telepathic bigfoots are really the ones controlling this conversation, introducing strange subjects, diverting us from discovering their true capabilities, no seriously, all this nonsense of their super abilities is purely subjective, and does not deserve our discussion, as I demonstrated by my last post, just a bunch of gooblie ****. It might be more productive to discuss Bacteria and it's telepathic capabilities, and then move on to the higher life forms

Wait I recall one conversation (circa 1978) on just that very subject, later we climbed a water tower, just another night when your taking acid....

My bold. Well all anecdotal evidence is purely subjective. Not just the stuff you personally find incredulous. 

Maybe the long story of evolution is that conscious choice may not be so much of a long-term determinant of "dominance."

Our population is billions of conscious choices, leaving us with a fix we didn't choose.

Or the conscious choice of shooting things into space may one day be our evolutionary "ark" as the planet dies beneath our feet from comet, asteroid, sun flare or whatever catastrophic celestial event.

Even Bacteria that cannot make a conscious choice would benefit from our cranial intelligent choices.

Oh sure.  Just so's we know that that might require a little bit of luck, as the cranial and non-cranial aspects of our choices can be somewhat problematical.

We're all believers and we're all skeptics.  And our positions vary by topic - bigfoot, climate change, pro wrestling, etc.

Here's the spectrum as I see it:

Fanatic belief - "I believe x, and you should too".

Subjective belief - "I believe x, and you can't convince me otherwise".

Objective belief - "I believe x, but am willing to listen to counter arguments".

Knowledge - "Proof, personal or otherwise, trumps belief or disbelief".

Objective skepticism - "I don't believe x, but am willing to listen to counter arguments".

Subjective skepticism - "I don't believe x, and you can't convince me otherwise".

Fanatic skepticism- "I don't believe x, and you shouldn't either".

Notes:

1.  Disbelief is simply another form of belief, i.e. "I believe bigfoot exist" vs. "I believe bigfoot do not exist".

2.  Fanatics attempt to impose their belief system on others against their will.

• Upvote 2

Oh sure.  Just so's we know that that might require a little bit of luck, as the cranial and non-cranial aspects of our choices can be somewhat problematical.

I'm a straight shooter DWA.........I like to cut to the bone of the issue, so let me propose something.

We have 5 years to get off this planet before a asteroid strikes it and destroys it.

Are we going to turn to Bacteria to solve this problem? Or are we going to solve it ourselves? 

Evolution takes a very long time, and that is why most species are extinct..........they cannot adapt fast enough. Luckily for us? We have a 1200 cc brain case to tackle big problems slightly more quick, than say 50,000 years.

We're all believers and we're all skeptics.  And our positions vary by topic - bigfoot, climate change, pro wrestling, etc.

Here's the spectrum as I see it:

Fanatic belief - "I believe x, and you should too".

Subjective belief - "I believe x, and you can't convince me otherwise".

Objective belief - "I believe x, but am willing to listen to counter arguments".

Knowledge - "Proof, personal or otherwise, trumps belief or disbelief".

Objective skepticism - "I don't believe x, but am willing to listen to counter arguments".

Subjective skepticism - "I don't believe x, and you can't convince me otherwise".

Fanatic skepticism- "I don't believe x, and you shouldn't either".

Notes:

1.  Disbelief is simply another form of belief, i.e. "I believe bigfoot exist" vs. "I believe bigfoot do not exist".

2.  Fanatics attempt to impose their belief system on others against their will.

Love it!

I can't predict Norse if we'll go all "After the Goldrush" into interstellar space, or not. Smart money says the arc of progress is not living up to billing at the moment though. What I can predict with some certainty is: IF we go into interstallar space, we'll take our bacteria with us. Or is it THEY who will be taking us...? Hmmmm. Canny little blighters.   

As far as parsing the brained from the non...What is a brain but the apex of a very large support system? Like I said, and what we are slowly coming to realize, that support system is jockeyed by the bacteria.MMMMWAAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA!!!

One of more interesting aspects of the collection of a type specimen is probably going to be: What gut flora do they have that allows them to eat what they do and thrive? Is it different from ours? Is it similar?   

I'm with WSA.  The bacteria might influence our choice of where to take that rocket.

The more we learn, the less comfortable I am that "I" am just "me."

JDL you use the word belief, which means to think something true without the proof. We are not all believer's. There are many of us who know they are real and don't just believe. I also don't really care if anyone believe's me or not. I know what i saw.

• Upvote 1

JDL you use the word belief, which means to think something true without the proof. We are not all believer's. There are many of us who know they are real and don't just believe. I also don't really care if anyone believe's me or not. I know what i saw.

Sheri,

Belief applies to those, unlike you and I, who have not seen one.  We're right in the middle of the spectrum with first hand knowledge.  Take another look at the 4th line down in the spectrum, and refer to Washoe County, Nevada on the BFRO for some of my own reports.