Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

So let's restart the topic with a new fervor,  I know we have diverged and spent a lot of our time on the existence issue, but for those who have jumped that hurdle what do really believe is the extent of the Sasquatch range?

Many of the "highly qualified" camp say it is limited to mostly the west with only portions of the east.  I think this is due to the view of this being more of a basic primate, than a more advanced intelligent hominid.

I favor the view that this creature can, and indeed will, adapt to a large variety of habitat's so long as it's basic needs are met,

1.  The primary need to remain hidden and unnoticed during daylight, and able to move about to cover it's needs during the night.

2.  The food sources are adequate and varied, both aquatic, plant, animal, and insect food sources.

3.  The ability to procreate with others of it's own kind, thus an area must support more than one individual.

Given these basic requirements, do most sparsely populated areas in the country meet these criteria? and if so in what ways?  

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Any sparsely-populated habitat in North America that supports bear (or ever did) supports sasquatch.

And I'd consider sasquatch much better able to take advantage of the humans on the fringes of its habitat than bears.  All I'd have to cite is "you didn't see a bigfoot, ma'am..."

Edited by DWA

I have a couple different answers / responses.

First, remote / sparsely populated mean different things to different people.  To a Manhattan dweller, my **town** counts as sparsely populated.   That makes the question hard to answer, but I have to respond with "it doesn't have to be all that sparsely populated."

Second, I think they're very very portable.   Some seem to live in the same general location most, if not all, of the year.  Others seem to be semi-migratory.  

I think its sort of like Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle ... I don't think there are all that many places you can count on finding one at any given time (exception: some habituation sites), but I don't think there are that many places, particularly outside of incorporated cities, that you can count on NOT having one find you (notice I changed the order of the wording ... deliberately) either. 

MIB

Guest lightheart

I agree completely MIB. I have to say I remain amazed at some of the locations where I have had experiences with them.

Edited by lightheart

My town of Antioch Illinois is only about 10,000 folks living in a spread out area, I live in the unincorporated area, and have several hundred acres of wilderness around me, but only about 5 houses border this marsh. Around that is more populated areas but also nice little green ways... I think that an area like mine is a very good summer spot to spend a brief time, or longer, but would lack enough resources and cover in the winter months, so I continue to investigate the further surrounding area now for a winter den of sorts. No luck as of yet, but I have some strong suspicions....Do you guys have any specific patterns of behavior you have discovered, movement, and if so what times of year. Maybe we can solve some of this riddle, Thanks for paying the thread another visit!

Power line, natural gas, railroad right-of-ways, and rivers in suburbia can be a good place to start. Like any other animal, I'd assume that Bigfoot would travel the path of least resistance for ease of travel. These avenues also allow a degree of cover until they arrive in more densely-populated areas.

I know of a place that has had activity less than a mile from a major interstate and it's located between two large towns in my state. All four of those avenues were present, along with ample wildlife and natural/agrarian food sources.

So for those on this side of the fence, it is fairly easy to imagine them using many areas that offer suitable habitat, yet there is a huge contingent of believers who say they are far more limited in numbers and range. I know that Illinois ranks in the top few states for sightings, let me explain why I think that is the case.

1. Mixed habitat, we have a variety of food sources in a variety of environments, Wetlands in the North, Farmland through out, Forested Regions in the North, South, Western areas.

2. Rivers, the Fox, Des Plaines, Kankakee, Illinois, Mississippi, to mention a few, many if not all of the sightings took place near one of these rivers, or some other tributary.

3 Deer and Coyotes, if you never have been here, you be amazed at the numbers present, my drive to work is dotted with road kills, many deer and coyotes in all of the previously mentioned areas.

4. Crops, corn, soybeans, alfalfa, you name it, if it can grow here you will find it, and this provides seasonal opportunities, and the possibility to store food over the winter months, caches of corn or soybeans could be devised.

5. Lack of Squatchers disturbing them, undoubtedly these guys would be sensitive to Squatchers looking for them, and if that becomes common, I tnink they would reconsider this area, or quit using certain low cover density areas that they tend to use now.

My conclusion is that they are able to fly under the radar. I do not think they exist in any great numbers in this state, but in the 100s might be possible, but I suspect it is less than that.

Man I thought this thread had come to an end, and then they pinned it, I have to think of something really interesting to add to our

discussion but at present have nothing to add.

If any one want's to run another idea by us please feel free, I know that I would like to continue to discuss some of the original ideas

and hear more examples of Urban Sightings.

I might try my hand at writing something on this topic later in a book form, if I can derive enough interesting stories and ideas. 

It seems that those who live very near to real bigfoot sightings and activity still have no idea the creature exists here or anywhere.

I wish I could document some of the sightings myself, simply because the filters that come with organizations scare some people away,

one such individual shared their story for the first time on this thread, an amazing encounter.

Maybe others who did not want to talk formally with say the BFRO would be willing to talk here without needing to be named.

Yah Wag, are you from Colorado...heard of any sightings around Denver nearby or Colorado Springs?

I was only there once, but was impressed with the Rockies, really rugged terrain, took that little train from Grand Junction, told my wife I would like to do that again.

Seems difficult to Squatch, climbing and elevation, but would love to give it a try....

Yah, I guess I owe that to Dmaker and Dwa's ongoing debates, but we all got so side tracked, well here is topic once again for those who forgot.

1. Can Sasquatch, a 7 or 8 foot tall 500+ pound creature be living just outside our nations large cities

2. My ongoing research and habituation is taking place just outside of suburbia in Chicago.

3. Reports continue to stream in concerning Sasquatch near large cities.

4. Will we be sharing the CTA bus with a Squatch somewhere down the road.

All this and more has been discussed here, read back thru a bit, check out some of my backyard recordings, and see if

you can agree with this hypothesis, feel free to say we are all off our rockers....

I have no doubt that a bigfoot could be visiting large urban areas.  I live in a suburb of Mpls. & St. Paul, which has a combined population of about 3 million.  Because of all of the lakes, rivers and streams throughout the city, there are numerous coyote living in all areas.  Black bear are spotted frequently and an occasional mountain lion will be sighted walking through neighborhoods at night or hiding near one of the rivers.  There are numerous parks and forests and deer are plentiful in many parts of both cities and all of the suburbs and I see wild turkeys nearly every day. 

There are two major rivers that run through the area (Mississippi and Minnesota) these connect directly below the MSP airport in a large heavily wooded park.  This area is about a mile from the Mall of America.  The Mississippi continues south to Hastings where the St. Croix River connects before continuing south to the Gulf of Mexico.  The St. Croix runs along the border between Minnesota and Wisconsin.  There was a sighting of a bigfoot a couple of years ago not far from where the St. Croix flows into the Mississippi.  With the heavily wooded areas all along the waterways and especially along the St. Croix, it would be very easy for a very large intelligent humanoid to follow the waterways from the less populated northern parts of the States and into populated areas while remaining hidden in one of the numerous large state or county parks that line the waterways.

• Upvote 1

Hey coffee2go, I went to school in Arden Hills, Bethel College...back in the late 80s (oops aged myself)

I hated leaving the Twin Cities, it was about my favorite place on Earth. I spent a lot time fishing

those rivers, and lakes. I can tell you with surety that there are Sasquatch in the surrounding area

that explore closer in at times. No question in my mind. With all the surrounding areas being capable of

sustaining Squatches, it must be happening. I will look at the BFRO reports for that area, since it does

interest me, and maybe post an example. Some of the backwater areas of the Mississippi, south of the Cities,

would be prime real estate for Squatching, and anywhere marsh, river, and woods, maybe some corn, are present

together. All the prime deer and coyote habitat in other words....that's where I would start