Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

Marsh Investigation Video

Here is the video embed code for my recent investigation,  view the first 15 minutes, skip the middle and go to 37 minute mark.

and you'll see the most interesting discoveries.

www.youtube.com/embed/Rkc9Kc4yLz0

Does anyone see the goose kills being simply coyote, why would they be so concentrated, and do they

not eat bones and all, lots of ribs and wings left, necks and breast missing, I guess an alternative would be that

a hunter dumped them, but there past the tree line and spread out  a bit.  Also what would clear out that

area going into the marsh, there were several areas kind of cleared out marsh going to no where.  I have

barely even heard the coyotes as of late, they are laying very low.  Deer are leaving the area before nightfall

and heading across the street to a safer sleeping area. 

From what I can gather coyotes prey on Geese during the nesting season, not in the fall, and this is to get

the eggs which they cache for later, hmmm wonder who else might do that.  I am sure they would be successful

in some attempts to take adult geese, but this was beyond success this was a slaughter, It seems to me this took

a degree of intelligence.

Ahh, how well do you know your neighbor???

Could you make out any of the recording vocalizations....

Yah I wondered if he was the culprit, but no gun shots nearby, unless he was dumping the geese, I guess it is possible, I will have to

go check them better, see if I can find any buckshot...I did notice that most had their ribs, so I do not know how that happens, I would

assume Coyotes would leave very little, almost seems like breast was ripped out, and head and neck removed, do not know if that is possible for a human to remove that way, maybe someone could chime in on that part.

The deer skull in the vid has been in the hands of a hunter at one time, What carried it to that spot I do not know. I say it was killed by a hunter or poacher because the deer's right antler looked like it was sawn off below the antler base with a hacksaw. The left antler looks like it was broken off naturally may be why it was not sawn off too.

The deer skull in the vid has been in the hands of a hunter at one time, What carried it to that spot I do not know. I say it was killed by a hunter or poacher because the deer's right antler looked like it was sawn off below the antler base with a hacksaw. The left antler looks like it was broken off naturally may be why it was not sawn off too.

Good observation I will go back and further review, it has been years since I was a hunter, so I need

to vet my observations here with all of you to come to reasonable conclusions.  Thanks for the input.

I am not 100% sure what your looking at, I will review again.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

This really might be a case for the state DNR, and I am about to pull that trigger, pardon the pun....

24 hours behind on my recording review, this is taking up a lot of time, I hope in the

end I really get something a bit closer to the recorder, the 4 whoops I last posted

were still not near, maybe 75 yards to the east.   That is where the goose kills are

by the way.  But I am really leaning more towards a hunter dumping them and

the coyotes, or whatever, spreading them out, I might call a DNR agent to inspect

for poaching...It is quite easy to let yourself get side tracked, a nights sleep and

I see things a bit more clearly.  Though I have renamed the clip I posted because

I do think they are whoops, so either a very high pitched human, or primate.  From

the time before 5am, temp low teens, very windy, overcast November 24, not too

many humans wondering around making whoop sounds these days.

3 whoops junior going off.wav

Nice work Lake!  It could be the geese were breasted out by a hunter (just removing the breast meat) and then they were dumped.  Lots of goose hunters do that.  Could your whoops be geese calling?  I live on the river here where there are tons of Canada geese.  They'll call all night...squawking, honking and calling.  Your whoops made me think of that.

t.

I have something similar going on here.....no bodies though but an almost total disappearance of the ducks and geese that live on the river below me. The city had created a wetland when they put in flood control about 7-8 years ago. It had created a thriving habitat and the population of ducks and geese was growing steadily. In at least the past two months, I have seen only 2-3 ducks and no geese. The Canada geese did not make a stop on the river this year after doing it for years. :(

I have no idea what this means. To my knowledge the city has not suddenly decided to eradicate them....they were encouraging them along the river because it was a big draw for folks to feed them. This was a wetter than normal summer and the river was swelling most of the time. I haven't looked into environmental issues yet....it is more like they were run off. The only thing that comes to my mind right now (for my situation) is that irresponsible dog owners let their dogs destroy nesting sites this summer. There is a walking trail that follows the river. :(

May not ...and probably does not have any connection .....just curious. You are probably right...poachers in your situation and I will be interested to hear what you find out. That was truly an excessive amount of bodies. If I suddenly find bodies or discover the reason our ducks and particularly the geese are gone...I will let you know.

Terry I have heard a lot of geese on the recorder, and never had an issue with thinking

they were anything else, but as I mentioned before, I have had some strange sounding geese

lately, that do not match my earlier recordings. The cadence made me think goose, then

I listened closer, and heard more of whooping. Sasquatch tone is very high pitched, and

this is in that tonal range, It may be an attempt to lure an unsuspecting goose, a goose

call in the dark. That is reaching.

Mockingbird, it was shocking to find so many, but it is next to an area a vehicle could have dumped them,

so I think that is what happened, my suspicion of Squatches doing it is my mind running away with it,

I have to be careful of getting sidetracked.

The whoops, and the more recent vocalizations, are a definite change in the local

recordings. I was alerted to get my recorder back out when my wife said she heard

a distinct whoop in the morning, otherwise I was done for winter, then I get these

vocalizations three nights in a row, none all summer, then three nights in a row

with some variety.

It is easy to vacillate on these type of things, which further proves how hard

it is to prove anything to yourself or anyone else with technology, I guess if

I had a recording of what I heard in July I could rest easier knowing I could

demonstrate what I heard.  I know that everything I presented so far leaves

plenty of room for doubt, so I will toss it all aside and wait for definitive proof,

whatever that means.  This does not mean I am rejecting any of my previous

suspicions, it just means that they will be only that, suspicions till I get some

thing more credible.  A track or video is needed to confirm this suspicion

It is easy to vacillate on these type of things, which further proves how hard

it is to prove anything to yourself or anyone else with technology, I guess if

I had a recording of what I heard in July I could rest easier knowing I could

demonstrate what I heard.  I know that everything I presented so far leaves

plenty of room for doubt, so I will toss it all aside and wait for definitive proof,

whatever that means.  This does not mean I am rejecting any of my previous

suspicions, it just means that they will be only that, suspicions till I get some

thing more credible.  A track or video is needed to confirm this suspicion

You're on the right track and it's neat that you're out there checking things out objectively.  Nice going!

t.

It would be interesting to find out if there are any tracks that aren't coyote once you get a snowfall.  Is it possible to put some bait out there that wouldn't be close to the ground? 

Oh, absolutely I agree with all you have said. That was a lot of bodies....it is strange that all the ducks and geese have disappeared from here. After flourishing for so long. Probably no Biggie connection at all....but, paying attention to this stuff and figuring out what IS causing it goes a long way toward figuring out what is truly strange and what is just nature.

You can't figure out what is going on if you don't observe and ask questions. It is a learning curve for sure and vacillation is part of it. :)

I just did a walkabout the marsh, circling to check for prints,
but as I suspected nada. If they move around in the snow they
will be discovered, so who knows what they do then, I guess wait
till they get a chance to leave or till snow is melted, maybe at
some point that becomes a critical situation that forces them to
move, snow or no snow, and bingo they leave prints somewhere, how
do I find somewhere, someday, somehow.....urrrrgggghhhh  :scratchhead:

Hi LCB. I was talking about time mark 38:09 on the video. you turn the little buck skull over and what would be the deer's right antler looked like it had been sawn off. Hunters or poachers could be dumping the carcasses there to get rid of them, but that also means a free meal for any omnivore or carnivore looking for an easy meal. When it snows look for tracks in the edge of the water, if something is aware of it's own tracks it may go around the edge of the water rather than in the snow. That is what I would do if I did not want to leave tracks in the snow.