Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

It may be 200 miles to the closest town of 10k people, but there is a settlement with 150-200 people just 15-20 minutes away.  I know for a fact that kids in a small town like that get very bored, and would not at all be surprised to learn that they vandalized a nearby cabin.

Slate Falls

Oh well I am sort of breaking my Squatch break for a moment, just an update,

when investigating some possible winter areas for local Squatch I found this

really interesting game trail, with all these obstructions and weird tree

twists and arches, I will video it when I get around to it, and show you guys

to see what you think, but it looks like something has been manipulating the

trail for a while, perhaps to create ambush points, or just to say keep out.

It has a few anomalies that seem to defy natural conditions, but I will let

you decide. I recorded audio there last night and caught a fox and coyotes and deer

and a human whistle at 1 am?

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

It's OK LCB...especially in the beginning, first years..a break seems impossible..and when family won't listen..we are here...hahah

sounds promising on the whistle..are you using Soundcloud?

I found it interesting that there was a refrigerator and several other large items of furniture in the cabin.  Someone went to a lot of trouble to pack in some serious weight by some means and then power it somehow. 

Unless, of course, it wasn't as difficult to access as represented.

It is possible that building supplies and items for the cabin were brought in during the winter over the ice and frozen swamps.  That's how they build cabins in northern MN when they don't have road access.  Ice gets pretty thick up there.

Yah they build Ice fishing cities on the lakes up north, I drove my car on them without fear come December in Minnesota,

but to float them in would not be impossible either. I am guessing that what the Squatch was after was the power source.

If a squatch could tap into those solar power panels for turbo eye shine, or perhaps body luminescence, they might be

no match for the other suitors chasing the lady squatches. All that would be missing is the xxxxxxxxxxl tux. No comment on

that particularly bad episode of Finding Bigfoot, Sana Cruz. Oh and the Sykes deal, at least they seemed a bit more respectful

to squatchers, and threw us a few bones like, the search will go on till we get that hair, or whatever. Still think the bear

prints found by Messner, and the double bear print, do not match the Shipton trackway, not even remotely the same, the bear stuff

winds up looking triangular, while the Shipton tracks were far more oval. Oh yah and what was up with plugging in Meldrums,

"yah their real". Well that changes everything, Huh?

Squatch breaks are a relative thing you know....

I'm glad the YouTube version was minus commercials.  I remember watching it when it came out.  They take an hour to cover 15 minutes of material on that show.  I also think they should have stayed in the area the two women were in to investigate.  Seems like that would have yielded more activity if what they said about sasquatch following the ripening of the berries.  They admitted the berries were not ripe around the Snelgrove cabin.  You might need to plan your fishing trip for late July to early August LCB.

At 1500 bucks per man 5-6, or 1800 bucks per man min. of 4, I guess I cannot hope to get that many takers, unless

I find some way of subsidizing the deal. Maybe Monster Quest could revisit. I guess I was romanticizing about the

idea, till I saw the price, which does not include food, or beer, which beer alone might push it over 2000 a man.

I think they would need a bigger plane or make two trips for the combination of squatch and fishing gear, and maybe a barge could haul in the beer.

Ok, I have not followed this thread simply because of limited time. Although if we're discussing barges of beer, I may have to pay more attention .... Here's a breakout of the distances that 464 Bigfoot encounters in NY-WV-PA since 1960 occurred from roads, from inhabited buildings, and from population centers.  I hope this adds something to the discussion on this thread. 

Stats-500-Proximity_zpsfb0a1783.jpg

As with many aspects of this project, I hope to have better metrics, and thus more reliable data in the next version.  

The quality of the information about encounter locations varies widely.  In many reports, particularly older reports, the exact location is given or sufficient information (street address, full name, etc.) is given to identify the encounter location with certainty.  Some encounter location can be identified with a high degree of confidence since a description, such as “the municipal garage east of Mapleville,†can be identified through Google Earth satellite imagery, phone number look-up services, or web searches.  Other reports identify a terrain feature such as a road, lake, or river, but do not specify exactly where along that terrain feature an encounter occurred.  Usually, a reasonable guess is “close enough†to the actual encounter location.  Finally, if the reported encounter location is unusually vague (e.g., a farm near Patton, PA), a generic location in that area can be selected since it will provide generally similar characteristics.  As a last resort, the center-of-mass of the given county or township can be used.

Where a report specified a distance from a road or a building, I used that information.  If not, once an encounter location was mapped in Google Earth, the “ruler†tool was used to measure the distance from the nearest road, building, and population center.  For my purposes, a “population center†was any cluster of at least ten houses.  Obviously, most encounters were near many roads, buildings or neighborhoods.  I tried to consistently use the nearest road, building, and population center and where encounters were roughly equidistant from the target, I averaged the distances.

Edited by Trogluddite
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Trogluddite, that's brilliant deduction of the information and shows how close to us these guys like to hang out.

In my area now there is only brown, no leaves, certainly makes it hard to hide yourself and as many suspect I think they move

to more isolated areas in the winter months. I am thinking they might cache food or go into pseudo hibernation by slowing

down activity.  Maybe there using the time before snow covers the ground to gather food into an area, near a water source,

sheltered, remote, slightly warmer like a bogish area.  I think if we could pin down their winter behavior we could locate

them in areas like mine, and there might be a concentration, but they might be apt to treat you like food if you stumbled

into such an area. 

As far as the reports go, I would like to see more of what you have done here, if the BFRO would illustrate these type of

statistics it would go far to understanding the overall patterns of behavior.  Like map the winter sightings, or map the fall

and spring sightings, or summer.  I think that type of information is lacking to us laymen of field research, perhaps some

one like yourself with the statistical framework could pin it down, thanks again for sharing that and hope you visit again

and join us at the barge.

Exactly, it's just like what the famous explorer, trapper and gamesman Winkleburn said in 1823, "nobody ever sees a bigfoot who is food full." They always come out of hiding for the stomach's sake.

My wife might have heard a whoop this morning, I am not sure what it was, but that might be enough to

get the recorder back out, have not been recording due to the lack of anything, maybe something is on

the move, I will definitely give it a try, dang I need a wind sock though, can be nightmarish to listen

back during windy nights.

Thanks Trogluddite, that's brilliant deduction of the information and shows how close to us these guys like to hang out.

In the east, I think that they have to be this close - there's no avoiding the darn humans

In my area now there is only brown, no leaves, certainly makes it hard to hide yourself and as many suspect I think they move

to more isolated areas in the winter months.

See the other stats I've posted in various NY-PA-WVa threads in the Northeast sightings sections - there's an unquestionable downturn in the winter months

I am thinking they might cache food or go into pseudo hibernation by slowing

down activity.  Maybe there using the time before snow covers the ground to gather food into an area, near a water source,

sheltered, remote, slightly warmer like a bogish area.  I think if we could pin down their winter behavior we could locate

them in areas like mine, and there might be a concentration, but they might be apt to treat you like food if you stumbled

into such an area. 

As far as the reports go, I would like to see more of what you have done here, if the BFRO would illustrate these type of

statistics it would go far to understanding the overall patterns of behavior.  Like map the winter sightings, or map the fall

and spring sightings, or summer.

I've also mapped all of these sightings in Google Eartth by decade, season, and month. Truthfully, every combination I try looks like a shotgun blast.  Before I run this set of stats (and more) through the 3rd generation of my database, I'm going to sit w/the info and maps I have and try to find patterns.  But while 500 encounters sounds like a lot, when you spread it out over 200 years and 100,000 square miles its thin. 

I think that type of information is lacking to us laymen of field research, perhaps some one like yourself with the statistical framework ...  No statistical framework, sorry.  I'm reaching the limits of my statistical analysis abilities.....