Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

the only boundaries of BF capabilities are our inferior human minds.

In many ways that is a very accurate statement.

Though,  "the only boundaries to understanding BF capabilities are our inferior human minds",   would be more accurate.

A little research on the train idea, and whether other primates do it.

Most definitely Monkey's will ride a train, but for the purpose of begging

food from it's occupants, this is a real problem in parts of India, I could

not find anything else specific, but I did find a passage in a book on baboon

behavior that was interesting.  Some orphaned baboons in Africa, due to

wars, were trained to do a variety of tasks, including driving carts, herding,

and "yes" operating the switching device on the railroad tracks, there is the

story of a man nicknamed "Jumper" who was adept at jumping from train to 

train till one day he missed and lost both legs to a train, upon seeing the 

orphaned baboons who were driving carts, he thought why not train one 

to help him work the rail yard.  So he was able to train a baboon to operate 

the track switches, which he did flawlessly.  Just another example of primate

intelligence, and why the issue of a Squatch hopping on board a train seems

rather a small accomplishment for a creature of it's obvious abilities.

It's obvious that we are getting side tracked in the railroad yard. We all know BF doesn't hop trains except during blue moons. If BF hopped trains often, he would wind up in the middle of LA, and the LAPD would taser the ol' boy. BF would then be dragged to jail and the mystery would be solved. We then wouldn't need Sykes or Ketchum.  

Anyway back to the Urban Bigfoot. We live in a medium sized Oregon town that has BF habitats with thick forest bordering the edge of development. One day we went up into a neighborhood with a forest border, and a herd of Elk was grazing. That means BF could come close to town to pick off a dog or cat for dinner. Some towns have creek corridors where BF could come in closer, but we don't have such a place. Outside of town there are some abandoned coal tunnels that could house BF during the rainy winter months. 

Georgem,  the suggestion of them possibly riding trains assumes a little bit of them

knowing the rails, and assumes they walk them as well.  I suggest that they are able

catch them moving and jump off when desired, obviously this would not be a 50 mph

train, but 30 mph seems within their ability.  This would simply serve as a means of 

getting from point A to point B.  I guess the idea is simple enough to rationalize if you

credit them with a high degree of intelligence, and amazing physical prowess.  

That being said, what is urban about this behavior is the fact that they will use

means we present to them, including bike paths, railways, power easements, and

the list goes on.  I would not doubt them to be able to travel as far as these means

will allow them, and at night that is fairly broad.  A cougar was killed in North Chicago

a few years back, and it had done precisely that, moved directly into the city under

the cover of darkness using the green ways, unfortunately it lacked the intelligence

to see the danger of such an attempt and was killed.  This is not likely to ever be

the fate of a Squatch, but it is not beyond possibility.

You should find the Dennis Shamblin interview very interesting in that regard. Specifically their use of knives which they've stolen from humans.

http://www.muldersworld.com/ebooks/communion_with_sasquatch.pdf

LarryP, thanks for posting the website about Dennis and his encounters.

LakeCB, I agree with your assertions in that BF uses human pathways and possibly trains. The topic Urban BF inplies that we are streaching the limits of BF, but when others check in and take a few 'pot shots' and mock the posters, the intent is sidetracked. Thanks for the thoughtful reply......................you rock!

You're welcome, george.

Apparently those Oklahoma BF tend to be a little ornery. 

That's the first I've ever heard of them stealing, hording and using knives.

Good story Chelefoot. The BF was probably trying to get into position to hop the train but mistimed the approach. Wonder what the Native Americans had to do with the scene?

Another example of a near miss in proving BF. There have been other reports of BF in human hands, and it manages to slip out. One of my visions is driving down the road and seeing a road killed BF, and then I stop to get it loaded in the pickup. It's too big to load and blah    blah..................then the cops stop and confiscate the BF and crumble my vision............pipe dreams!

Thanks chelefoot,  I enjoyed reading that account.  While it is hard to swallow, perhaps an older Squatch

might have decreased responses and reaction times, and this would explain the reason some are hit with

cars and apparently trains.  I could only imagine the damage of a full on collision with a large adult Squatch

and car, it might be more likely the occupant of the car would be killed than the Squatch, It would take out

the legs though and perhaps immobilize the creature, though if it survived it might drag itself off somehow

using its upper body.  Doubt there would be much left of the car, a 100 pound deer can make a mess of

a car, so a 500 pound + bigfoot is likely to destroy one if hit directly, so be careful what you wish for.  I have

also heard that Squatch are actually less reliant on hearing than sight, and if they were older and lost some

hearing, as also has been suggested, perhaps they would not have the warning time to react.  I wonder how

many times this has happened without a person realizing what they hit...

I just came across this and had to bring it here to share:

http://daruc.pagesperso-orange.fr/white4.htm

Features described that have been documented in hundreds of reports.  That is...sounds just like a bigfoot, before Jerry Crews, before the word "bigfoot," before radio and television, before Patterson and Gimlin and the internet.  And I'd never read it before.

When a bigfoot skeptic comes on to explain this one away, just say "woo-woo" at the post and move on.  Honestly the things some people insist on believing in.

Perhaps the "Indians" weren't Indians at all but other BF. Bipedal BF glimpsed at night at the forest edge might have been mistaken for Indians by someone whose mind just filled in the blanks. Remote forest, bipedal shapes, reclusive, = Indians.

Edited by JanV

That makes sense JanV and wondered about Native Americans coming around during the 1880s. It then makes sense the other BFs carried off the wounded BF.

They probably warned it of the dangers of hopping trains!

Sounds more like the dead bigfoot from the story...but I doubt they cared one way or the other.

It sounds like it was the "dead" weight of the thing that posed the problem, that and the odor.

So maybe upon realizing a train was bearing down on it the Squatch let the glands loose, both

barrels.  For those wondering what we're talking about read chelefoot's last post.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Well leaving for Florida today, so posting might get a bit hindered for a few days.

I plan to spend Sat. night in Tallahassee, FL.  and my wife and I are going to do

a bit of squatching, even if it is just cruising the roads at night, south in the state

forest area.  I can see how Finding Bigfoot has had two good visits to this area

given the terrain and eco systems in place.  I will be bringing some low tech equipment

to try and document anything I see or hear, but you know how that usually turns out.

Otherwise I just want to wish all a wonderful holiday in what ever manner you

celebrate.   I will not miss being here, freezing rain 32 degrees,  $14 worth of

salt spread last night for naught, drive way is still a sheet of ice.  I hope I can get

south of the freezing stuff, I'm right on the edge...Squatch On!!!