Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

Coffee2go,

That is an interesting question, I would like to research the reports of soldiers from that era,

I wonder if Squatches would have been as prevalent, maybe the deforestation was pretty bad

at that point.  I think a lot of forest has regenerated from the ravages of the western expansion,

so realistically squatches might be more prevalent today in certain areas than they were back

then.  That being said, I know that Daniel Boone claimed to have shot one, and sightings did

occur across that region.  Someone with any stories could chime in, man has the threads been

quiet. 

Of course now I've gotten another job offer and have to choose, I guess I should be happy

I am in demand, got to sleep on it.  Squatching allows you to free your mind from these

daily concerns and gain perspective.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

The Finding Bigfoot Team will be in New Jersey on Sunday evening, I will be interested if

there is an Urban Connection.  I have been on a bit of hiatus from researching in my own area

namely do to nailing down a job, but I am looking forward to resuming the search in Feb as

the thaw arrives.  It has just been a brutal winter, tons of snow, followed by frigid single digits

and minus digits temps.  I am quite certain that Squatches have retreated to the winter areas

that concentrate food, and provide warmth.  I have some ideas when the weather will allow.

Next week Saturday I head back down to Florida, this time I will be around West Palm Beach,

and will be near the everglades, might venture out at night and see if I can find a good area

to listen and watch.  I really like this part of Florida, has more scrubby trees, but lots of wild areas.

Not to mention the 80 degree forecast.

Wharton State Forest is located in New Jersey.  If they didn't specify an exact location it could be in that region. 

I haven't heard of any recent midwest sightings.  It may be a combination of bigfoot not moving as much and that people are staying inside and away from areas where they might be located.  Less people out and about = less sightings up in this region.  What do you think?

I think the Squatch lay low during these times,

live a bit off fat reserves, but they also may have

areas that concentrate the deer, and also provide

warmth.  One such place around me Volo Bog, it 

puts out its own warmth and would attract game as

well.  I know that in the Northern climates they get

into thick pine cedar swamps, sometimes they are 

so thick you cannot get into them on foot.  They are

masters of their environment so suffice it to say they

are doing well despite the winter,  I think they would

actually thrive in some of these conditions due to 

prey being weaker and more desperate for food.

Bigfoot will lure deer and coyotes with calls and other

trickery, and the more desperate the prey becomes

the more success the squatches will have.

Here is a winter sighting, note that the observer stated the outside temp was only 10 degrees,

Yet this Squatch was obviously out and about,  It also illustrates pretty well the reaction that

is common in such instances.  Even though he knew he should return to the scene to investigate,

he was overcome with fear and kept driving.  When I heard the Sasquatch in my yard last summer

I was frozen, I knew I should go look but I could not get myself to run down quick enough,  I guess

if your going to research these guys you need to graduate from the school of fright, and not spoil

the rare chances your given!

Report # 43122  

Submitted by witness on Wednesday, December 04, 2013.

Driver startled to see a tall figure next to U.S. Hwy. 151 near Mineral Point

(Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2013

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: November

DATE: 27

STATE: Wisconsin

COUNTY: Iowa County

LOCATION DETAILS: Around mile marker 36 on Hwy 151 southbound.

NEAREST TOWN: Mineral Point

NEAREST ROAD: Hwy 151 southbound

OBSERVED: On Tuesday November 26th, 2013 I was driving south on Hwy 151 from Madison, WI going back to Iowa after seeing a concert at the Red Zone which ended around 11:30 PM. My wife was laying down and trying to get some sleep in the back seat of the car since she had to work the next morning. I normally work night shift so I had no problem staying awake to drive home.

The oncoming traffic on the highway was spaced about one car every 3/4 of a mile to a mile with some farther apart so I couldn't use my high beams. I'm a former Iowa police officer so I have a habit of periodically looking at the mile markers along the road so that if I have to call for help I can give a better idea of where we're at.

I would say about a half mile or so after coming around the large curve southwest of Mineral Point, which I believe would be about mile marker 36, I was in the outside lane and I passed a large black figure standing upright on two legs where the grass meets the gravel on the inside shoulder of the median on my left.

The headlights never hit it directly as I approached but the outside area of the light field lit it up as I passed it. I'm 6'02" and I was able to see the body from the ground up to the shoulder. I would estimate the shoulder height to be around 6'06" to 6'08". With the angle of the light beam and how low the car sits to the ground it looked like the head was shadowed by the shoulder so I wasn't able to see its face.

The distance between us was about fifteen feet when I passed by. I was able to see it's hand hanging down along the thigh and it was a lighter color and not midnight black like the color of it's body. The thickness of it's body looking from the side, it's back to it's chest, was about two feet thick. The fur or hair was hard to see do to the distance, the light conditions, and the speed of the car (cruise was set at 65mph) but it was short.

I thought to myself, "What was that?" even though I know what it was and "I didn't just see that." My immediate physical reaction was extreme anxiety. My chest tightened and I made excuses to myself to not stop and look at it. From what I saw I had no desire to stop.

A couple miles passed while I tried to overcome the fear then I realized I need more facts on the conditions of the sighting. I also felt that it was trying to cross the highway from the south that's why I didn't see it up ahead of me in the headlights. 

Until this event I was always open to the possibility that they exist but never was a big believer in them. My tune has now changed and I don't care to ever see one again.

ALSO NOTICED: I didn't stop and I don't care to go back and look for "IT".

OTHER WITNESSES: No, wife was sleeping in the backseat.

OTHER STORIES: No

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Around 12:30 AM, clear skies, gods fingernail for a moon, a couple inches of snow on the ground but the road was clear. The car said that the outside air temp was 10 degrees F.

ENVIRONMENT: Median of the highway. No large trees, shrubs, or plants anywhere that I saw while driving to Madison during the day.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Bob Barhite:

On December 9, 2013 I interviewed this witness. There wasn't much traffic - a car was maybe a mile ahead, and a semi was about a half mile behind. His lights were on low beam due to the proximity of the car ahead. About a mile south of the large curve south of Mineral Point, he saw a large, black figure standing next to the passing lane close to mile marker 36. He knew that the figure wasn't a bush or shrub as he couldn't see through it. The car's headlights produced enough light as he passed it to make out that it was standing in profile as if it had been planning to cross the road, black with a thick torso ("...like a laundry basket thickness"), the right arm hanging lower down its leg than on a human, and a very clear hand which was not covered in hair as he could see that its skin was lighter than the creature's hair. The creature was tall enough that he couldn't see the head, and the hand was about eye level to him. As he recounted the incident, his voice became shaky and rushed. "It scared the s**t out of me. My first thought was what the heck was that? Then, did I really see it? It was too close for my taste. I don't want to see it again."

As an ex-law enforcement officer, this witness is a trained witness with an excellent eye for detail. I found him to be a very credible witness.

As per usual the forums are quiet... I wonder where all the action is...

I am really trying to put this winter into perspective.  Monday we are

going to get our 4rth blast of severe artic air, actual temps -20 in the

overnight.  My heating bills are going through the roof!  I cannot remember

a winter as snowy and cold as this...Yet on the West coast all the way

to Alaska they have been experiencing extremely mild conditions, where

at times it has been colder in northern Florida than parts of Alaska on

certain days.  That has to mess things up a bit for Sasquatch, I mean

even if they are masters of their environment.

As per usual the forums are quiet.

Not really. It's just there's not a ton of posters keeping this thread pasted to the top, other than the OP.

• Upvote 4

The last couple of weeks MNBRT radio has hosted researchers from Kentucky,

As I drove home from Florida I drove through some of the areas discussed on

the show, such as Mammoth Cave,   The gentlemen said that with the sightings

he had gathered added to the BFRO reports, that would place Kentucky 3rd

in the nation for reports, anyone got feedback on the Kentucky Urban connection,

say around Louisville, or Knoxville?  I am just curious.  

I'm in Knoxville.  As far as I know there are no sighting reports in Knox Co. I don't see why a BF would come to the city when the GSMNP is right at our back door!

^^^The same reason that red wolves - given the entire run of the park when they were reintroduced - chose instead to go to Cades  Cove and out of the park to attack livestock:

Easier pickins.

It's just there's not a ton of posters keeping this thread pasted to the top, other than the OP.   Incorrigble1

It is not my intention to promote the thread, only the discussion that originally began here.

If the posters find the subject boring and not worthy of discussion then maybe the steering

committee can pull the thread off the pinned list.  I have no issues at all with that, If Dmaker

did not enter the thread with prolific skeptical arguments the thread would not be any where

near where it is at.  I have only tried to keep the subject going, while sharing a bit of my own

personal situation.  I know there is much more ground to cover as I will be in year two of my

own possible interactions with the creature on my property.  I am no less convinced than I was

the day it happened that my experience was legit.  I have been exposed to many possible

explanations, bipto sent me some owl sounds that while surprising, were nothing like what

I had heard originally, but may have ruled out some of the sounds I heard after that.  You see

I was forced to listen to everything and weigh what I was hearing.  I am sure I misidentified some

of those sounds I recorded, but there still are some which defy explanation.  I may never have

proof that what I heard were actually Sasquatch, but then again I just might.  My situation

is only one of many like it, Stan Courtney confirmed to me activity had been occurring around

me at that time, though not meeting his class A standard for entry on the BFRO.  I know with

time the most amazing thing will be the discovery of this creature living in this type of proximity

to us, and the fact that this has been the situation all along.

Having just listened to MNBRT radio, I could not sleep once again.  The guest was a guy who has just recently had some

experiences and introduction to the bigfoot community at large.  I felt bad for him knowing that as soon as he had been on

the show his whole experience would change, undoubtedly he will face ridicule, questioning, some saying he is off his rocker.

What I find sad is the fact that we who are in the camp of believing in Sasquatch are so quick to shoot our own wounded.  Further

more we are forced in taking sides on issues that are somewhat irrelevant given the overall situation.  It would seem we could

look for support from each other, and I know the skeptics have a place in sharpening our iron as well.  I almost wish I had never

discovered this avenue to discuss matters, and as I am sure some of you wish I had not as well.  In any case I will leave you with a thought.

Having observed the community over the last year or so I see a lot of good, very sincere, highly intelligent people.  Who if they 

joined forces could do a great deal of good, instead they are further dividing into factions over this issue or that.  I for one do not

care for being pigeon holed, and I appreciated MNBRT for having this guest on tonight who gave us his honest account.  Who am

I or any of you to judge such a person, or their experience...just venting....perhaps the greatest thing I enjoy about this thread is 

the absolute simplicity of some of you, no pretense, just open and honest people.  I am and have always attempted to be that, and

maybe some of you appreciate that fact.  So please continue to share your thoughts as I remain open to learning from your experience,

and as I realize how little I actually really know.

^^^Word.

Proponents need to stop digging trenches on opposite sides of what sasquatch is.  It's silly.  As silly, in fact, as is the constant "skeptical" hectoring for Proof On My Personal Schedule

(anybody ever know of any scientific discovery that happened on anyone's personal schedule...particularly when the society was savagely fighting with all its might to keep it from happening?)

it's even sillier for people who Know What Bigfoot Is to rank on Those Who Do Not. 

In fact, I join the "skeptical" hectoring on those particular people.  If you Know What Bigfoot Is...show us, or can the spray-gunning of The Unenlightened.  It's, well, unenlightened of you.