Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

Interesting theory, JDL. I think it has a lot of merit. And yes, I'd have to say that the rotting components of such a midden would certainly contribute to their reported odor! Good stuff.

Edited by Gotta Know

Interesting jdl. Thanks for the input. Thats alot to think about..

Dwa, yes as i stepped out this morning for work i was wondering how any animal coild make it through the night. (it was like -30 @ one point)

Nature finds a way you are right. I cant wait for the day where we have answers to all these questions we've been asking.

Guest lightheart

I agree JDL. That is a very well reasoned theory! Do you have a link for the shelter with steam photo? This provides a lot of food for thought.

It was a short clip inserted into a post over a year ago.  It appeared on one of those days when I just had a few moments on the site.  Can't even remember the thread now.  Maybe someone else knows where on the site it can be found.

Wow I like the midden idea, as well as what DWA has described as a body temperature regulator mechanism.  Undoubtedly they

have adapted somehow to survive the extremes, I am guessing the reason we do not see activity in the winter months is the foot

print factor,  with the amount of snow cover in the mid west as west it would be hard to not leave evidence at present, so they must

hunker down like deer, as live off cache's stockpiled or body fat,  Waiting for a thaw, or sensing fresh snow fall may cover their tracks.

Seems like some of the winter track finds accompany storms,  and late winter movements.  So maybe they are forced to move to find

food or shelter, or are simply taking advantage of the situation.  We have some hints of their winter activity, but to me that is one of the

most interesting puzzles of their existence.

Currently I am doing little in regards to research or reading, I have been interviewing for positions as a golf pro, today

I head over to historic Medinah Country Club, and will think back to child hood years when I drove by it with my family

during the 1975 US open, and wondered what all the hoopla was about.  I kind of like to commute where I might have 

a chance sighting, seeing my hours put me there at 4 am when opening a golf course.   This course is cut off

to some extent from green ways, but I have interviewed at several courses I consider to be capable of having night time

visitors of the larger variety.  I would not choose my job around it, but it would be a plus to be in a Squatchy travel zone.

Some of my commutes look to be around 50 miles, per way, which I hope will not be the case, but if so I think I have 

a Squatchy way to go.  I have been looking for a trackway crossing the snow, it would be hard to hide any movements

at present, so if they slip up it will likely be seen by someone.  I can almost guarantee some good snow print finds this

winter will turn up somewhere in the mid west.  I will be eager to see what, if any, activity occurs.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

@Indiefoot, re: Methane

The most dangerous aspect of methane is that it is combustible and can burn or even explode when mixed with air (oxygen) if there is a source of ignition.  As a secondary consideration, methane is not toxic, but can asphyxiate if it reaches a high enough concentration to displace oxygen. 

Since bigfoot do not use fire (some may disagree) there should be no danger with regard to combustion.  Also, a modest midden would likely not produce as much methane as a well-tended compost pile, so that, combined with circumstantial, or possibly intentional ventilation would keep it from building up to levels that might asphyxiate. 

Curious, LCB. Have you discovered any physical evidence, in your whereabouts, during this extended thread you've kept pumping? Footprints, hair snags, anything?

Or has everything been more subjective, like sounds and feelings? Thanks.

LCB, Hey FYI... Myrtle Beach has over 100 golf courses and squatch's close by. You would have best of both worlds!

Yah, I have never been to Myrtle, so I feel a bit deprived as a golfer, but it would be an option down

the road.  I am somewhat constrained to move near my In Laws in Clearwater, just in case they need

some help down the road, and for the well being of my Wife.  I might have the option of moving them

in with us at some point which would leave more options.  For all I know they might be taking care of

me, as they are very healthy and active.  I admire the really active people I see down in Florida, year

round fitness is more attainable due to weather, as is year round squatching,  If I were a Squatch I would

be heading south and forgetting how I got there,

Guest Cervelo

Currently I am doing little in regards to research or reading, I have been interviewing for positions as a golf pro, today

I head over to historic Medinah Country Club, and will think back to child hood years when I drove by it with my family

during the 1975 US open, and wondered what all the hoopla was about. I kind of like to commute where I might have

a chance sighting, seeing my hours put me there at 4 am when opening a golf course. This course is cut off

to some extent from green ways, but I have interviewed at several courses I consider to be capable of having night time

visitors of the larger variety. I would not choose my job around it, but it would be a plus to be in a Squatchy travel zone.

Some of my commutes look to be around 50 miles, per way, which I hope will not be the case, but if so I think I have

a Squatchy way to go. I have been looking for a trackway crossing the snow, it would be hard to hide any movements

at present, so if they slip up it will likely be seen by someone. I can almost guarantee some good snow print finds this

winter will turn up somewhere in the mid west. I will be eager to see what, if any, activity occurs.

Seriously...?

96004706-3AF8-4C26-AFA6-D8A97532059E.jpg

Cervelo,

I was not referring to Medinah as one of the spots capable of a sighting, though the route to it takes me through some

areas where sightings have occurred. That is what was meant in my last post.  But that being said I noticed a little thread

of greenway, no just kidding.

The last couple of weeks MNBRT radio has hosted researchers from Kentucky,

As I drove home from Florida I drove through some of the areas discussed on

the show, such as Mammoth Cave,   The gentlemen said that with the sightings

he had gathered added to the BFRO reports, that would place Kentucky 3rd

in the nation for reports, anyone got feedback on the Kentucky Urban connection,

say around Louisville, or Knoxville?  I am just curious.  Oh by the way I got offered

a position closer to home, but also on the squatchy route I like to take to work, so

hopefully one will grace me with a visit...However work will not start till March 15 if

weather permits.  Still working on getting a better year round position, but after 

reinventing myself due to the economy in 2010, I am still lower on the totem pole than

I would like to be, yet I persevere.  So to anyone out there who faces unemployment

and feels they have no options, you can reinvent yourself, just have to be determined

not to fail.  

Congrats on the job offer close to your current home LCB.  

I have never been to Kentucky other than a quick drive-through but have heard how beautiful it is and have seen it from the air.  Lots of wooded remote areas.  We are planning a history tour across the south and will be on the lookout (at least I will be) for any activity.  My great-great grandfather was a soldier in the Civil War out of an upstate NY regiment from 1862 until the war ended.  He lived into his mid 80's.  I would love to have been able to talk to him as he was in numerous locations across the south.  I wonder how many bigfoot sightings occurred during that time as there were so many soldiers marching through so many states.