Scenario...what Would You Do, If You Have Discovered A Body?

LOL and then there's that......running wouldn't like work at all. I'm trying to picture running with part of the body. Well now that visual just doesn't end well at all.....

No right or wrong answer here, right? If we maintain that attitude......it should be really interesting to see responses. Intriguing scenario at the very least.....

there is no perfect answer. I wanted to clarify, are you saying you would leave it all there? Pictures, hairs? 

I doubt there will be any burial ceremony.  If this thing has been there for at least several days (you were target shooting in that direction on your first day, and you have been there several days) and it's decomposed long enough to stink - why is the supposed family of BF coming just now?   With the speed, strength, and stealth attributed to these things, if they were to have a burial ritual I would think it would have been done days before now. 

...and I have to add that, given that I'm not sprinting out of there because I know how effective that would be, something like MIB's response is what the 'clan' would get from me.

I'm not so sure that my society deserves to know more, given behavior so far.  Some of them, yes, and I might tell them.

DWA, are you just leaving the body without taking anything? 

I doubt there will be any burial ceremony.  If this thing has been there for at least several days (you were target shooting in that direction on your first day, and you have been there several days) and it's decomposed long enough to stink - why is the supposed family of BF coming just now?   With the speed, strength, and stealth attributed to these things, if they were to have a burial ritual I would think it would have been done days before now. 

Nod, I understand you are thinking through this. If you could answer the scenario on how you would handle this situation would be great. 

LOL and then there's that......running wouldn't like work at all. I'm trying to picture running with part of the body. Well now that visual just doesn't end well at all.....

What part of the body? Where are you storing it? Who do you contact? 

Phase 1: Upon discovering the body, I would inspect and photograph every body feature from multiple different positions, along with my with my cellphone for scale reference. I would also take a detailed video with my cell phone (iPhone 5). I would then take rough measurements using the rope. Next I would make use of the pocket knife by collecting the head, a hand, and a foot; at the same time firing my pistol into the air to ward off any angry sasquatches or predators. 

Phase 2: Once I got home I would make several copies off all my photographs and scatter them among several locations. I would hire a lawyer to help with any legal complications and also help establish a copyright on my photo's. Next I would contact a prestigious University that deals with zoology or anthropology to conduct tests and would allow them to publish a scientific essay describing their findings (only after a press-conference is arranged) as long as I received FULL CREDIT. I would allow 5-10 other reputable Universities around the world to examine the samples/ head/ pictures for a price of $100,000 each. Those Universities would only be able to release their findings after the initial press-conference and first Universities essay has been released. National Geographic would be awarded would also have the right to publish an article about the discovery during the week of the release.

Phase 3: I would contact my lawyer and copyright any marketing opportunities that may develop as a result of this discovery. I would also work to protect the species and their habitat.  

Release Week:

1. Press Conference (Day 1)

2. First Universities Essay (Day 1)

3. Other Universities Essay's (Day 2)

4. National Geographic Article (Day 2)

Edited by GoodToGoGuy

Just like MIB, I am not hacking something off a body and for the same reasons.  Just like Mockingbird....I think it would be hard even for an animal to find me in the state I'd be in and think I was guilty.  If they tore me apart, would probably be just because they were hungry, I guess.

Just like MIB, I am not hacking something off a body and for the same reasons.  Just like Mockingbird....I think it would be hard even for an animal to find me in the state I'd be in and think I was guilty.  If they tore me apart, would probably be just because they were hungry, I guess.

OK, thank you. 

Guest Stan Norton

I think the only acceptable course of action would be to call Dmaker. He could then pronounce and we would all be much wiser ;)

I think the only acceptable course of action would be to call Dmaker. He could then pronounce and we would all be much wiser ;)

Stan, if you could provide a course of action to the scenario would be great. I am working on a project and would like fellow BF people to come up with replies on how they would handle this, being serious of course. I do not know who Dmaker is, could you elaborate?

Well, I suppose it depends on what the end-goal of the individual is as well and what good they think can come of proving this creature's existence.

When I take to the woods, I'm not looking for proof for the world, I'm looking to observe one.

With that said, if a body presented itself, I sure as heck would grab body parts.

Cutting a fetus out, that's a little too time consuming (and messy) if you've got a clan of these suckers bearing down on you.

Phase 1: Upon discovering the body, I would inspect and photograph every body feature from multiple different positions, along with my with my cellphone for scale reference. I would also take a detailed video with my cell phone (iPhone 5). I would then take rough measurements using the rope. Next I would make use of the pocket knife by collecting the head, a hand, and a foot; at the same time firing my pistol into the air to ward off any angry sasquatches or predators. 

Phase 2: Once I got home I would make several copies off all my photographs and scatter them among several locations. I would hire a lawyer to help with any legal complications and also help establish a copyright on my photo's. Next I would contact a prestigious University that deals with zoology or anthropology to conduct tests and would allow them to publish a scientific essay describing their findings (only after a press-conference is arranged) as long as I received FULL CREDIT. I would allow 5-10 other reputable Universities around the world to examine the samples/ head/ pictures for a price of $100,000 each. Those Universities would only be able to release their findings after the initial press-conference and first Universities essay has been released. National Geographic would be awarded would also have the right to publish an article about the discovery during the week of the release.

Phase 3: I would contact my lawyer and copyright any marketing opportunities that may develop as a result of this discovery. I would also work to protect the species and their habitat.  

Release Week:

1. Press Conference (Day 1)

2. First Universities Essay (Day 1)

3. Other Universities Essay's (Day 2)

4. National Geographic Article (Day 2)

Great response and thorough. If I may ask where and how would you store the evidence? 

Nod, I understand you are thinking through this. If you could answer the scenario on how you would handle this situation would be great. 

I gave a very short version in my first post.  But here is what I would do in more detail.  I would snap a few quick photos, then I would get to work on the body.  I would first remove the fetus, then cut off a few other items - fingers, toes, whatever was easy to get to.  If I was not immediately threatened by the approaching family, I would take some more photos - trying to establish size.  Then I would head back to my truck, dump the food out and put the fingers/toes and fetus in the cooler, and I would place the cooler in the cab with me. 

Since I live in Idaho, I would drive straight to Pocatello and the ISU campus and barge in on Meldrum doing whatever he's doing.  I picture it in my head to look like when Gates busts into Dr Sloane's lecture hall on Last of the Dogmen.  I'm not super concerned with garnering money and fame for it.  I figure I'll get more of both than I've had before and one of them I don't want to begin with.  To me, solving the mystery is more important than that. 

By the next day I would be horseback into the area with more scientists etc to try to recover the rest of the female's body. 

Well, I suppose it depends on what the end-goal of the individual is as well and what good they think can come of proving this creature's existence.

When I take to the woods, I'm not looking for proof for the world, I'm looking to observe one.

With that said, if a body presented itself, I sure as heck would grab body parts.

Cutting a fetus out, that's a little too time consuming (and messy) if you've got a clan of these suckers bearing down on you.

Thanks Cotter, if I may ask, what parts of the body and why these certain parts?

And I get to add:  Science, right down there's the guy you want on the scene if you're gonna sit around and do nothing.

I gave a very short version in my first post.  But here is what I would do in more detail.  I would snap a few quick photos, then I would get to work on the body.  I would first remove the fetus, then cut off a few other items - fingers, toes, whatever was easy to get to.  If I was not immediately threatened by the approaching family, I would take some more photos - trying to establish size.  Then I would head back to my truck, dump the food out and put the fingers/toes and fetus in the cooler, and I would place the cooler in the cab with me. 

Since I live in Idaho, I would drive straight to Pocatello and the ISU campus and barge in on Meldrum doing whatever he's doing.  I picture it in my head to look like when Gates busts into Dr Sloane's lecture hall on Last of the Dogmen.  I'm not super concerned with garnering money and fame for it.  I figure I'll get more of both than I've had before and one of them I don't want to begin with.  To me, solving the mystery is more important than that. 

By the next day I would be horseback into the area with more scientists etc to try to recover the rest of the female's body. 

Edited by DWA