Scenario...what Would You Do, If You Have Discovered A Body?

If I heard family in the vicinity, I wouldn't try to get away. I'd sit down, clear my mind of even the hint of a thought of taking pictures or body parts, & muster up as much extra grief as possible to go with whatever genuine grief I might have.

Then we'd see what happened.

Hopefully, they'd just throw rocks & let me leave with my life.

You have touched an area I was trying to hint at during the scenario and this is a governing body / group. A few more questions if I may. You would not take it to a State or Federal agency, why not? Also, would any media be called, if so who or why not?

I would not take it to any state or federal agency b/c if these creatures exist, they already know about it and have a reason for it not to be public knowledge.  I know of some discussions that took place with federal officials regarding a class A sighting a pal of mine had.  It would be nothing but a waste of time and a reason to get harassed when you are in the woods.

I wouldn't involve the media until I have gotten enough scientific involvement to get the provable facts in order (DNA, bone/joint analysis, etc).  If I was able to get the head, it would be frozen, and remain frozen until the provable facts are in order, then I may somehow display it for the media hype when the 'official' announcement is made.

You have touched an area I was trying to hint at during the scenario and this is a governing body / group. A few more questions if I may. You would not take it to a State or Federal agency, why not? Also, would any media be called, if so who or why not?

On the premise that it'll help you, I'll expand on the reply I already gave (to Cotter's post).  I'm sure you'll hear from him.

The mainstream is, by and large, not addressing this question.  I'm not sure I would trust anything sent to anyone who is not specifically researching this question to be handled properly.  Google "Minaret Skull" for one thing that has actually happened; hair has been submitted numerous times without moving the mainstream one inch further on the road to resolving this.  And look what happened to the Patterson film when mainstream scientists looked at it.

I would specifically target a prominent academic who was prominently involved.  Or - as in my own not-mangling-a-corpse case - I would submit my information to a database (probably both BFRO and NAWAC databases).

Guest zenmonkey

Cut out the fetus, cut off the head,a few fingers maybe toes. start blowing up the NAWAC email address. Although it would be hard to leave the female body behind. in collage we talked about how the best thing for a primate to identify is the lower jaw bone. Then again having a bigfoot head just sounds cool!

If I ever go on a camping trip with a guitar instead of a hatchet or folding saw....you can assume I won't be coming back.

Take pics, hack, saw, guitar string off the head and get out.

Share pics with news network ASAP along with my name, insuring no govt issues.

Contact lawyer and let the negotiations begin.

Contemplate who will be invited to the "Bigfoot Crow Banquet" weekend hosted by yours truly!!!

LOL, I can't believe what i'm reading. Nope, not me. To heck with a body part, or just sitting and being remorseful, I'm out of there, 300 yard's is not a long way, and i'm not looking back !

LOL, I can't believe what i'm reading. Nope, not me. To heck with a body part, or just sitting and being remorseful, I'm out of there, 300 yard's is not a long way, and i'm not looking back !

That would be my plan, too, if family wasn't on the way. But running might make them presume guilt, & we wouldn't want that.

That's attributing a lot of cognition and reasoning towards human intentions, but I'll play along.  Why would they think that someone running from the undisturbed scene several days later would be guilty? Have you witnessed this type of behavior before?

They have more cognition of human intentions that you can imagine.

The scenario didn't say she had been dead several days. It only said there was a smell. The common consensus is that they smell even when they are alive, so I'm not assuming that she has been dead very long. Otherwise, the family would have already arrived & removed the body.

Therefore, if I'm caught running from the scene, I'm assumed to be guilty.

I don't know which behavior you mean, but I've seen how they can understand our emotions & intentions if that's your question. If they couldn't, I'd have volumes of pictures by now & somebody would have proof.

Edited by Sasfooty

The OP did say "You were target shooting towards a small river / stream 300 yards away on the first day.  --  The chances are, it was a stray bullet from your weapon that killed the Sasquatch."  That's why I figured she had been dead several days.  That's also why in my response I was not too concerned about removing the fetus - if they were to retaliate I'd imagine they would have done it by now.

I was asking about presuming guilt - have you witnessed something like this as well as them execute judgement?

Dang it, I would have wanted to first call Rick Dyer but no service..so... 

You know, DWA  and I were batting this one around yesterday, and I think my inclination would be to just take a long look, turn around and leave. I think I've arrived at that point where personal confirmation is all that I would really care about. So, I get that, and....well, what?  

Pinch myself & wake up.

Regardless if you are a skeptic. If you were in this situation, I need to know what you would do. I have not had a skeptic reply to this scenario and eagerly awaiting. Please be serious and answer the main questions even if you do not believe. This is a scenario only. 1. Would you take evidence. 2. What evidence, how would you transport, store and who would you contact. 3. If you contacted the media, what media would you contact. 

The OP did say "You were target shooting towards a small river / stream 300 yards away on the first day.  --  The chances are, it was a stray bullet from your weapon that killed the Sasquatch."  That's why I figured she had been dead several days.  That's also why in my response I was not too concerned about removing the fetus - if they were to retaliate I'd imagine they would have done it by now.

I was asking about presuming guilt - have you witnessed something like this as well as them execute judgement?

Dang it, I would have wanted to first call Rick Dyer but no service..so... 

You know, DWA  and I were batting this one around yesterday, and I think my inclination would be to just take a long look, turn around and leave. I think I've arrived at that point where personal confirmation is all that I would really care about. So, I get that, and....well, what?  

Ooh... another new response and reasons. This is good.  Basically, you have confined in your mind now that you have seen one and now can rest in peace. 

If I ever go on a camping trip with a guitar instead of a hatchet or folding saw....you can assume I won't be coming back.

Take pics, hack, saw, guitar string off the head and get out.

Share pics with news network ASAP along with my name, insuring no govt issues.

Contact lawyer and let the negotiations begin.

Contemplate who will be invited to the "Bigfoot Crow Banquet" weekend hosted by yours truly!!!

After you get your evidence, you basically get media involved. Then, some sarcastic shove it feast and invite the biggest skeptics, hosted by you? Is this your final answer? 

Cut out the fetus, cut off the head,a few fingers maybe toes. start blowing up the NAWAC email address. Although it would be hard to leave the female body behind. in collage we talked about how the best thing for a primate to identify is the lower jaw bone. Then again having a bigfoot head just sounds cool!

OK, so now we have more details on what body part and why! You never answered where, what and how you would store this evidence. Did you want to answer those? thanks

Regardless if you are a skeptic. If you were in this situation, I need to know what you would do. I have not had a skeptic reply to this scenario and eagerly awaiting. Please be serious and answer the main questions even if you do not believe. This is a scenario only. 1. Would you take evidence. 2. What evidence, how would you transport, store and who would you contact. 3. If you contacted the media, what media would you contact. 

Ooh... another new response and reasons. This is good.  Basically, you have confined in your mind now that you have seen one and now can rest in peace. 

After you get your evidence, you basically get media involved. Then, some sarcastic shove it feast and invite the biggest skeptics, hosted by you? Is this your final answer? 

OK, so now we have more details on what body part and why! You never answered where, what and how you would store this evidence. Did you want to answer those? thanks

Scenario #1

Well.... I won't make you wait any longer. If I came across a Body... & by myself....Unless it was somewhat decomposed ... I wouldn't go near it... assuming it might still be alive. I would probably make a lil noise to see if it responds.... Then I would throw whatever I could find in its general direction. Then Probably throw something directly at it... "followed by Running as fast as I could in the opposite direction" A head start ... In case It's alive & PO'd.   When Confirmed  dead... I would probably pull out my Iphone/Ipad & start taking pictures... maybe even a few photo ops. Then ... Assuming I have a reception/sig where ever I am... I would start Tweeting Pics to good ole MM. Probably a few others.. But Not the media, I h8 the media.... High bidder gets the Coordinates. In no way ... Would I try to extract the body by myself. If I had no reception... I would probably do whatever I could to cover/Hide it... save the cord to GPS & Comeback later.

Scenario #2 If I were with company... I would probably act allot Tougher. "No Running in this Scenario" Everything the same... Unless The party Member/Members want do negotiate a different method. Split the fame.

Edited by Skeptic4life