Poll: Please Describe For Me......

HOLDMYBEER

To everyone,

I am collecting a bit of data to be used for further examination of other evidence. I would like to get every members' cooperation in sending me your answers to a very simple exercise. I ASK THAT ALL ANSWERS BE SENT ME BY PERSONAL MESSAGE. All responses will be kept confidential, the cumulative results to be made available at conclusion. 

It is very important that the answers be kept simple and to a minimum of words. Fundamental to this is sending me your answers by personal message. I do not want any answers posted on the open forum as they will tend to contaminate the responses made by other members. Again, individual answers will be held confidential  and no member's answers will be identified to others.

Below is a form you may use by copying and pasting it directly into the personal message. You can then add your answers to the message. Thank you for your participation.  HMB

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

#1-How would you describe your opinion on the existence of sasquatch like creatures?  Proponent (think it's likely), Skeptic (think its unlikely) or Undecided (just don't have an opinion). Your answer:

#2-Please describe to me five characteristics of a Gorilla that can be seen with the naked eye. (No other identifying information will be given, just "Gorilla").  Your answers:  

1)                      

2)                

3)        

4)          

5)      

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

That's the complete exercise! Please send your messages to HOLDMYBEER. Thank you in advance, HMB

Edited by HOLDMYBEER

Folks,  

I have only eight personal messages and I need a whole lot more to draw anything from it. I have no responses from anyone with a skeptical bent! Please, send me a message with some simple answers. No tricks here.  Thanks,  HMB 

Whether members give the same answers or different answers makes no difference. I only want to know what comes to mind.

Whether members give the same answers or different answers makes no difference. I only want to know what comes to mind.

What I mean is that the three questions are specifically worded to apply ONLY to those who do not KNOW that they exist. 

I was interested when I read the first question.  When I read the second, I said "never mind."   And so, I move on.

MIB

• Upvote 1

What I mean is that the three questions are specifically worded to apply ONLY to those who do not KNOW that they exist. 

I guess I don't understand. If you are a witness and KNOW they existed at the time of your sighting, you probably are a proponent that they currently exist. A witness would likely be a proponent.

I was interested when I read the first question.  When I read the second, I said "never mind."   And so, I move on.

MIB

MIB, I 'd really like to know how you would describe a gorilla.....I am assuming you are familiar with the term.

Hey, I answered.  I'm interested in where HMB is going with this.  The second question was to describe a gorilla.  I don't see the problem with that question.  Maybe those who have a problem with that one would care to say why that is an issue.  Do you feel that HMB is trying to goad you into saying a BF sighting is actually a gorilla sighting?  If so, that is HMB's folly.  Heh, I just want to see where this goes, I'm crazy like that.

Hello HOLDMYBEER,

It took a while, but I'm beginning to see your point. I'll give the matter some consideration but you will get a response from me at some point.

Edited by hiflier

I have no responses from skeptical folks, only proponents. I wonder what that means?

It means they don't care about your survey.  :no:

I have no responses from skeptical folks, only proponents. I wonder what that means?

it seems you have something very specific you're trying to get at with the survey. Do you think it's really that strange skeptics would avoid this?

Maybe if you old us what your theory is...

The purpose behind sending answers by personal message is to avoid responses swaying one another. I have no doubt that if I present my thoughts here in advance, any conclusions drawn would be criticized for a suspected contamination of the members who did submit answers. It will be pretty clear why I have taken this path when I put it all forward.

The skeptic thing, though....strange it would affect them as a group that way. This could possibly support their position.