Why Don't They Kill Us?

You're a believer, but you've never once had an encounter.   And yet, you rail against those who share their first hand experiences if they don't fit your second hand "expert" opinion.   

Explain in to me why that is.   

Why, it's because I'm an IDIOT, JDL. Pure and simple.

Here's the thing: I brought up that they don't kill us because they think we are juveniles. That's because that's what I think. Now, you could have said gee, that's a very interesting viewpoint, hiflier, but this is what I think..........and then we could have had a discussion. But did you? Nope. First response from you was a slam. I'm not the least impressed with you with that kind of treatment. NEXT!

Edited by hiflier

25 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Why, it's because I'm an IDIOT, JDL. Pure and simple

I believe, for the first time in quite a while, we've found something we agree on.  

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, JDL said:

You're a believer, but you've never once had an encounter.   And yet, you rail against those who share their first hand experiences if they don't fit your second hand "expert" opinion.   

Explain in to me why that is.   

So only if you have had an encounter you get to have an opinion???

Even someone that has had 10 minutes of legit first hand experience with BF, which I think in most cases would be extreme, really does not have much more insight into how BF views humans.  Especially not to shoot down an idea based on lack of encounter.

My first clue? Trying to have a civil conversation with any of you as of late. I'm an idiot for thinking a few choice people have anything to offer anymore. Beyond stalling progress that is. I brought up an idea about why BF doesn't kill us. The response from JDL was uncalled for. And it's not even a new idea that I just came up with either:

I wrote this on December 2, 2013:

"A thought just struck me regarding the OP which, even though I've been doing a lot of joking around lately, is not a joke. Think about this for a minute or two if you will, please. The freeze, when a full sized Sasquatch sees a Human, just might because of our general size. We're smaller. So does the creature freeze because once it sees how we stand and walk like they do that they could very well think that we are juveniles? It may sound odd but I can see why that just might be a reason they don't just come after us. Could we be overall about the size of say a 6 or an 8 year old Sasquatch? If so our children might by the same token seem close to being infants ot toddlers. It could be why they seem so attracted to children."

So I bring it up again and JDL suddenly comes out of the woodwork and........well, you know the rest. Uncalled for. And BTW, MIB. The beginning of my post was in response to a comment that you edited out while I was composing this post. Something to the effect of 'what was my first clue' that I was an idiot. You now have your answer to that.

44 minutes ago, JDL said:

And yet, you rail against those who share their first hand experiences if they don't fit your second hand "expert" opinion

Cite me an example- IN CONTEXT if you will, please. That would include the reason I railed in the first place which just might have been because of an attack on my character that started the ball rolling. FULL CONTEXT, please.

Edited by hiflier

26 minutes ago, MIB said:

I believe, for the first time in quite a while, we've found something we agree on.  

MIB

Now you tell me why I should talk to anyone who calls me a plagiarist. And then, when asked, has nothing to back the accusation up- NOR offer an apology. And JDL has the nerve to say I rail against first hand experiencers- but never asks why.

Edited by hiflier

" Here's the thing: I brought up that they don't kill us because they think we are juveniles."

Hiflier

What makes you believe that they think that we are juveniles? When we are not even hairy like them and we wear clothes . What if I was to tell you that I honestly tried to get them to kill me. But instead they did not. I have my reason why I tried and I even went to them on my own  with out the knowledge of my family. But I will not say why on a public forum. That was the day that my fear of them went away. It was a burden that I carried a long time and still do to this day. I have PM a few about this but have not said why. They must have some sympathy for us humans. Not all are killers and not all dislike humans. Sure you can bet you all would have a field day in the tar pit with me but it would not bother me at all since I have already went through the gauntlet when I first joined this forum. The swearing the name calling and every other thing that can be said will not bother me at all. Since sooner or later we all shall meet at some bigfoot meeting and you will know how truthfull I am. My family knows what I have went through.

I think your view point is very interesting and very thought out . I still have not brought your book But maybe I will soon so that I can learn from what you have learned about hunting these creatures. Like I have said I went looking for them and when I found them they came looking me. This bothers me a lot since they are an animal or at least I believe that's what they are. What else can they be that can live in the wild but a flesh and blood creature. I cannot explain the other parts of them  so I leave that part of them out since that will only lead to arguments. First find their existence then the rest will follow. I will always advocate their existence and I will not stop. If I ever find a body then science will have to except what I have been say all along. The same goes if anyone finds a body science will have to except what a lot of us have been saying as well. vindication will have been done. There will be no more in fighting like there has been over this subject. Lets just hope that it happens soon. :) 

ShadowBorn, I must say Your post was touching. I still have much to learn. I've learned much in my four years here. And I still learn from people like you, and Branco and others, Like MIB and SWWAS who have had experiences. The reason I mentioned that I think Sasquatch doesn't attack us because it sees us as juveniles just makes sense to me. The main reason is that we, by and large, are smaller right off the bat. Let's face it, even if a 200 pound guy is in the woods he's going to look small compared to something built similarly but that weighs 800 lbs- four times as much. That 800 pounder knows that juveniles are smaller, by several hundred pounds, maybe thinner and not as tall too. Well, in my mind that is initially what we look like, small, thin, short Sasquatches- juveniles. I see it as how I described it in the earlier post. Here we are, a juvenile, all alone, in the woods. Now, after the initial observation wears off, Sasquatch will see that we are in fact NOT a Sasquatch at all. BUT we are still small and in Sasquatches world that means we are a juvenile.

If a Bigfoot came upon a real juvenile Sasquatch all by itself the first reaction may be not to approach if it was not from his or her family. Instead they might just think that if the parent is around then there could be a danger of confrontation if the juvenile was approached. At the same time Sasquatch would be able to smell or sense the parent somewhere close by or even know it because Sasquatch would understand how other Sasquatch do things, like raise juveniles and train them. But with us it's different. Being small I think we are still looked upon as a juvenile- SOMEONE'S juvenile. But that 'someone cannot be found. The 800 pound Human parent is nowhere to be seen, or smelled. I think it plays with a Sasquatch's sense of safety, as well as its being guarded about approaching the Human 'juvenile' hose parent, or parents, it cannot detect. Like I said before here is this large 800 pound Sasquatch, a master at stealth and hiding, that knows all of the tricks and techniques of hiding but the Human juvenile's parents are BETTER at it because they cannot be found or detected close by.

I have chosen to think that this is the reason that Sasquatch do not attack Humans. It's reasoning is simple even though very intelligent and that reasoning tells it that any juvenile whose parents are better at hiding than it is are not to be trifled with- mainly because it doesn't know where they are or how to locate them. The Human 'juvenile' therefore is off limits due to fear. Maybe not of guns even though the subject of gun fear alone is a good one. I think, in the case of a Human in the woods, it creates a very big unknown for a Sasquatch: Here is a juvenile whose parents are more ninja than the Sasquatch. It's the same as the Sasquatch being the ninja to us. People say the hair on their necks tingle and stand up. It just may be the same when Sasquatch sees the 'juvenile' Human because, for the life of it, it cannot observe its guardians anywhere. And juveniles just don't wander around without their parents. It simplistic thinking for a Sasquatch I know, ShadowBorn, but in general I think for them it's hands off ANY and ALL juveniles- and Humans, simply because of our size, fit that category. Thank you for hearing me out, my friend. None of this may be the true case out there in the forest but for me it makes good sense. Bears wouldn't care one way or another, of course.. But another bipedal creature? There's room for pause on that one.

I apologize for the length of this.        

Edited by hiflier

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Why, it's because I'm an IDIOT, JDL. Pure and simple.

Here's the thing: I brought up that they don't kill us because they think we are juveniles. That's because that's what I think. Now, you could have said gee, that's a very interesting viewpoint, hiflier, but this is what I think..........and then we could have had a discussion. But did you? Nope. First response from you was a slam. I'm not the least impressed with you with that kind of treatment. NEXT!

hiflier, it's not just one post.  Over the years you have constantly denigrated people on this forum with more experience than yourself..... to the point that some of them, with first hand information, don't want to swim in the pool you keep defecating in.  They stop participating.  

You are are certainly entitled to your own opinions, but so are they.  

And when someone treats you to a little criticism, which you dole out liberally to everyone else, you scream like a stuck pig.  It's hypocritical.  

You went away for a while and people who had been silent for a while began to participate again.  That was a good thing.

But now you're back.

I've tried having discussions with you in the past.  It's fruitless.  You only seem to be interested in attempting to dominate the forum with volume and vitriol.  

• Upvote 2

Admin

This subject: "why don't they kill us" is an intellectual exercise via speculation.

Nothing wrong with it and fun to consider. You have to speculate in order to further the marketplace of ideas about any subject. The best ideas will stand the test of scrutiny and the least plausible or practical will wither away.

I really don't understand why members get emotionally attached to an idea, on either side of the argument. Most threads in this forum deal with a scientifically unrecognized animal, and as such, they are an intellectual exercise of the possibilities. What if scenarios. That is the presumption of all our discussions.

I think the problem comes when people fail to differentiate between facts and speculation. The worst situation seems to occur when both sides think their idea is fact, when neither is so. Then both sides get emotionally offended and start insulting each other.

It's silly.

Engage your brains, not your feelings.

1 hour ago, Twist said:

So only if you have had an encounter you get to have an opinion???

Even someone that has had 10 minutes of legit first hand experience with BF, which I think in most cases would be extreme, really does not have much more insight into how BF views humans.  Especially not to shoot down an idea based on lack of encounter.

Everbody's opinion matters.   Even hiflier's.  But we each need to give everyone else enough room to express their own opinions.  Something hiflier isn't very good about.  

If one is going to specialize in criticism, then you'd think they could handle a critical comment without outrage.  

• Upvote 2

My criticisms when they occur have little to nothing to do with any one person. My criticism is the one direction the subject of Sasquatch never goes after all this time. When I express that one and only pet peeve that I've EVER had here I start to get hammered about it. Because I get serious about getting proof SOMHOW by going at things differently. And then out come the dogs. Yes I dismiss posts and people because the posts and the people who write them work at diffusing any desire or momentum to get at the truth and who OWNS it. When I came back this time? Yes, I was on fire and yes, I was focused, and yes, was critical of the lack of progress and was offering or brainstorming ideas to get around the usual pathways that weren't working and that haven't worked for decades. OK, not good methodology, But you folks KNOW I get like this and I KNOW you know so when the dialogue became the same old 'STOP anyone who reaches for anything that might work' I fought back.

In the past I would acquiesce and then start a few threads and dialogue and banter with everyone, joke around, be humorous and all. But while I was gone this last time I realized that I was not being part of the solution. Instead I was just going along for the typical BFF ride which as you all know goes nowhere. At least according to the repository of necro posts as of late. I guess what I was failing to understand- and still do- is why I was the only one who was adamant about breaking the mold. Why is that? Simple suggestions about writing congressmen and senators and university anthropologists, and knocking on the doors of the USFW or Forestry service. I had no idea it would cause such an upheaval here. In fact I was a bit shocked actually. But as a result of the exchanges, hey, I'm persona non gratis and a plagiarist and a second rate expert and all kinds of other BS.

I stood my ground and will continue to. I apologize for stepping on toes but the kind of stuff I dished out won't last. What you folks dished out will. Now I'm out to defend not only my reputation but to show that everything I've ever said and done was FOR this Forum. No different than any of you. But acquiring proof for the existence of a creature called Sasquatch is just a important if not more so than that. My "weeding" out when I showed up was to see who if anyone felt the same as I did and do. It was essentially, other than the barbs, just turned out to be...<crickets> Same as times before. I don't get it. I simply just don't get it. It's a discussion Forum but no one but me ever discusses how to advance the subject toward recognition and credibility. It's always only me. Everyone complains that this subject gets eye roll, has a stigma , is shunned by science, laughed at by the media, but no amount of dialogue will get you to do something about any of that other than wander around the woods one at a time looking for evidence we already have. Ah well..............Adults, right? I need reminding.  

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:09 AM, MIB said:

You've been busily trying to get others to do the work you appear too lazy or too cheap to do yourself but want the results from.......I'm not looking for an argument...........

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:53 PM, MIB said:

Your "contributions" that you're so proud of amount to plagiarizing others' work and repackaging it as if it is something new. 

Here you go, JDL. I'm sure you'd have a ball if this junk was directed at you, right? And I'll bet you;d just sit back and take it like a good boy, correct? And then just turn and walk away, huh? This was five days ago. It didn't sit well then and it doesn't sit well now.

1 hour ago, JDL said:

........you'd think they could handle a critical comment without outrage

Now, what were you saying? And just how does that fit in with the first two quotes? I dad ask for an apology on the plagiarism thing. Still waiting. Maybe you saw them when they were posted and maybe you didn't but regardless I dare say, knowing you, you wouldn't be too pleased. Tell you the truth I don't think ANYONE would be. Oh but I'M supposed to handle a critical comment? Without, how did you put it? Oh yes, "outrage".

Admin

^^^ this is what I'm talking about hiflier. You talk about yourself instead of the subject matter and get all emotional about it.

Argue about the subject, not you or your feelings. Focus on your hypothesis, not other people. Attack the counter-argument, not the member.

You dig?

and that goes for the rest of you too...  or else :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic