Why Don't They Kill Us?

Just a couple of quick question about that thought micahn. Why do we not here stories about the "ones" (humans) that got away from these attacks? Wouldn't there be some?

People escape wildlife attacks, even from Grizzlies, and live to tell the tales (and in some cases show the scars).

There are many reports of humans being chased by BF. However, These stories come from humans who escaped, or were allowed to leave the area.

I think a male BF may have been protecting his family by running us humans off.

I tend to agree. If sasquatches exist they are probably an apex predator in their niche but have chosen to avoid humans and actively do so. It seems they are denying us interaction with their species and if they are it is possibly because of hundreds of thousands of years of learning to do so for their own survival. We are puny, but we are many, and organized, and determined and, shall we say, in some ways, crazy little dudes (we must appear like evil children) to them. We are not simply interested in killing for food or sustenance as history proves. We love vendettas and tribal warfare and do things just because they can be done, not because they have to be done. Humans really defy logic if you think conservatively as probably these creatures do.

There is also some evidence in the form of witness reports that sasquatches that live in remote areas and have very rare encounters with humans, if any, are more prone to aggression and are less shy. In our area there are spots that there are more disappearances than others. I have heard of a researcher being actively chased out of one such spot, and he was a tough cookie but vowed never to go there again (North side of Pitt Lake, BC). It is difficult to prove that sasquatches have killed people but it is in our local (and others) aboriginal collective memory that they are, and they avoided each other very strictly.

So there is an oral tradition of the BF species being very aggressive and killing humans for defense and perhaps food? :(

Is that tradition universal among the NA?

Those of you out there so terribly mortified to belong to the human species, well gosh, I wish there were some alternative for you.

Me, I'm pleased to be a homo sapiens.

I agree. I like clothes, a heated and air cooled habitat, and cooked foods too much to give them up for freedom in the woods. Plus I'm not covered with a thick pelt to keep me warm.

I would not do well living in the woods, I would probably stave to death unless I froze to death first. :blush:

Not to derail,however, he did not say anything indicating your remarks. He did state facts, that many don't want to own up to. We may be on top, but it is because of our militant attitude, and numbers. Not because of our wonderously high ideals. Intelligence is a relavant thing. Original homo sapiens should have aspired to be as the hairy ones, but curruption took over and the snowball hasn't stopped yet. Yes we can talk to anyone in the world on our cell phones as we crash into each other. We can posess practically anything we want at the wave of a piece of plastic. That doesn't make us better or worse.-Knuck

Knuck, Honey, I think that is not rational thinking. We are not equipped to live without shelter, and we do better with cooked and cured foods. We humans are a different species from BF. Put a naked human in the woods, and they will probably die unless they have had major outdoor wilderness training. Even then it would be a grueling situation. Striking rocks for a fire? I don't think that BF builds fires.

We are human, BF is not.IMHO.

BTW, You are free to live as you wish to live. People abandon society and do live free if they so wish w/o electricity, you can hunt your own food, and live any way you wish to live.

Personally, I enjoy a heated house and electricity, along with cooking equipment such as stoves, and refrigerators. If you decide to go "native", do let us know.

Edited by Susiq2

Hi Hairy- The points that you made about their intentions being to remain anonymous, it may be more of an instinctive effort than a conscious effort. Most of us live in cities, towns, or near farmland. I've never seen a mountain lion or cougar except in captivity at a zoo. I think it would be easy to stay out of our way with little effort if there is not a large population. I'm not sure about the 6th sense, those with high levels of intuition can be mistaken for having extrasensory abilities when they are simply more aware of external cues. It seems to take less effort to avoid us than it does to confront us, that is one of Sun Tzu's teachings from the Art of War, which is based on best survival tactics that animals tend to use instinctively. There are plenty of sightings out there that are publicized, and those we hear about that are not made public, to make me think they don't necessarily care that they are seen. Their habitat simply intersects with our habitat occasionally and that is when you get the encounters. As long as we pose no immediate threat and we aren't seen as a food source, there would be no reason to kill us. I'm sure that depends on the bigfoot's individual circumstances and temperament. As for war, I've read a couple of reports where witnesses that happened to live in or be in the BF territory said that they fight each other. I'll try find a couple and link them here.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/okanogan_cnty07.htm

http://www.texasbigfoot.org/reports/report/detail/367

Thank you for posting this info. Those were interesting reports.

My guess is that when there is the particularly malevolent type that chooses to 'take' a human, it will be under circumstances where there are no witnesses around. In addition, it would be entirely unlikely that the victim would have any chance of getting away and telling his/her story, thus we have few like this. Again we do have the occasional kidnapping like Ostman and Muchalat Harry. Were they being planned to mate with females? Or were they simply food on the hoof for when needed?

Still, I do think this is the exception and not the rule. Most do seem benevolent in nature. But so do most humans on first impression and look what modern humans are capable of.

My guess is that when there is the particularly malevolent type that chooses to 'take' a human, it will be under circumstances where there are no witnesses around. In addition, it would be entirely unlikely that the victim would have any chance of getting away and telling his/her story, thus we have few like this. Again we do have the occasional kidnapping like Ostman and Muchalat Harry. Were they being planned to mate with females? Or were they simply food on the hoof for when needed?

Still, I do think this is the exception and not the rule. Most do seem benevolent in nature. But so do most humans on first impression and look what modern humans are capable of.

Perhaps they were taken like pets, or they were unknown to the BF that caught them, and wanted to show her pack mates her discovery. :blink:

Guest Tsalagi

They also might tell an EMT, First responder and/or other medical services personnel, if they required treatment. The point is that we don't hear about any incidents of this nature, do we? Would every victim be too embarrased to tell exactly what happened to them? If we used only your criteria, would we ever hear of any BF sightings, stalkings, or anything else that wasn't a physical attack?

Well I said that already knowing how much isn't reported. I've talked with a BFRO reporter and was told of many local sightings including several that involved police officers being harassed by a BF and BF running across the interstate...yet none of these ever made the local newspaper, even in the police logs which have lots of crazy happenings in them and no they never even were reported on BFRO under the state sightings. Then with my own experiences those were never reported to authorities and only about half my experiences were ever reported to BFRO (which they also did not file reports on). The time I got lost for hours in the forest and was chased by something never got reported to anyone, including none of my family knowing it ever happened and only telling a couple of friends mainly because I was embarrassed I was stupid enough to get lost and to have not even told anyone where I was headed beforehand. Then if you look at other things... like do people always report being assaulted by other humans to the police? Not always. A lot of rapes go unreported for various reasons as does domestic abuse. And before you admonish me for changing the subject I'm not... I'm just trying to say many things happen in this world that people do not report. I would think being attacked by a creature that most people do not believe exist would be one of those things a lot of people won't report. My mom was pelted hard by a rock in the woods when we were walking together. She was injured slightly and highly traumatized. Did she report it? No because the police don't care anyways. In this day and age with so much reported drug use especially locally with all the tweakers its doubtful the local police would believe any BF report. They would just roll their eyes and think the person was high or crazy. Just like the majority of people think the fellow in Franklin, NC that keeps reporting encounters is loco. He does come across that way...but what if he's not? Why embarrass yourself publicly and risk being labeled as crazy by your neighbors and risk losing a job?

Guest Tsalagi

I do recall back in the 70's hearing of BF kidnapping women and have also heard that from Natives. Yet that is never talked about in BF groups which I've always assumed to mean those are all considered hoax reports. Interestingly the natives I grew up around did not like BF and said if you ever see one stay away from it so they must have a reason for their beliefs. I personally think they are dangerous and only do not act out because they know in some instances they would risk being discovered. Just like generally speaking black bears are harmless but in recent years there has been more and more humans being killed by black bears for reasons no expert has ever figured out where food and bothering of cubs were not issues. I think there will be more BF attacks as more pressure is being put on them as humans are intruding on and cutting down his forests.

Admin

It doesn't matter that some go unreported, some would certainly be reported and we're not seeing that. If this creature exists and is capable of reacting towards humans as other wildlife that has been angered, challenged or cornered we should be seeing some of these types of assaults and resulting reports. Otherwise we're simply choosing to make excuses for why these reports don't occur with some level of frequency.

My mom was pelted hard by a rock in the woods when we were walking together. She was injured slightly and highly traumatized. Did she report it?

Sorry to hear that about your mother. But what was there to report? That a bigfoot threw the rock? Did either of you witness the person/creature responsible for the throw? If not, then no, it would not be prudent to report it as a bigfoot incident.

Isn't it more than equally possible a human was responsible?

It doesn't matter that some go unreported, some would certainly be reported and we're not seeing that. If this creature exists and is capable of reacting towards humans as other wildlife that has been angered, challenged or cornered we should be seeing some of these types of assaults and resulting reports. Otherwise we're simply choosing to make excuses for why these reports don't occur with some level of frequency.

Until all portions of reports aren't redacted as mentioned in Trackers thread "Does BF have a Sixth Sense" we don't know that, that HASN'T been reported. We also have no clear way to figure if any predator attacks have been misidentified by authorities. Certainly since NA peoples of a variety of nations HAVE reported this behavior in different regions I don't believe it's something we should just discount. It isn't something I believe however we should "fixate" on. Many reports have been provided with aggressive behavior reported. Where and when this esculates into something more I'm not convinced the public is privy to.

I wonder.. any kind of study comparing drought and missing persons.

Severe drought being a potential cause for distress in the food chain.

Or possibly when the chestnut blight was rampant.

Admin

Until all portions of reports aren't redacted as mentioned in Trackers thread "Does BF have a Sixth Sense" we don't know that, that HASN'T been reported. We also have no clear way to figure if any predator attacks have been misidentified by authorities. Certainly since NA peoples of a variety of nations HAVE reported this behavior in different regions I don't believe it's something we should just discount. It isn't something I believe however we should "fixate" on. Many reports have been provided with aggressive behavior reported. Where and when this esculates into something more I'm not convinced the public is privy to.

It's been my experience that generally personal information and specific location are what is redacted from reports. Would there be a reason to redact an assault from a report?

Guest Tsalagi

Sorry to hear that about your mother. But what was there to report? That a bigfoot threw the rock? Did either of you witness the person/creature responsible for the throw? If not, then no, it would not be prudent to report it as a bigfoot incident.

Isn't it more than equally possible a human was responsible?

I think its a fairly good chance it was Bigfoot who threw the rock because there were no others that we saw in that area. We walked there alot, like every weekend for 3 hour walks for years during good weather and we never ran into others there. It is the area where I saw a very tall, dark & hairy man walking in the woods once and where I have found the stick nest things before I knew what they were. So considering all that and fact he is known for liking to chuck rocks at people I think there is a strong possibility Bigfoot threw a rock at mom and that it wasn't some chipmunk.

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic