Why Don't They Kill Us?

Admin

Just a couple of quick question about that thought micahn. Why do we not here stories about the "ones" (humans) that got away from these attacks? Wouldn't there be some?

People escape wildlife attacks, even from Grizzlies, and live to tell the tales (and in some cases show the scars).

Guest vilnoori

Our only chance against Bigfoot is to pretend to be much more dangerous than we are. Loud roaring, aggressive behavior, firm stance, refusal to back down, etc. etc. Bigfoot might realize it's not worth doing battle, and would retreat. If Bigfoot was hellbent and determined on attacking a human, then Bigfoot wins 10 times out of 10.

My personal opinion is that humans had to have conquered Sasquatch at some point in history. Same with just about every apex predator. It is known that humans have done battle with lions, bears, Neanderthals, etc. throughout history. It is why we currently rule the world. It is my belief that mankind's greatest challenge came against Gigantopithecus, or something similar. A similarly structured ape with the physical advantage, but the intelligence advantage going to humans. I imagine it would have been a long, bloody, and very close battle with humans just barely coming out on top and pushing the opposing species to the brink of extinction. If these Bigfoot reports are of the last remaining individuals of that species, chances are they would have evolved to avoid humans. It is highly likely that Bigfoot and humans can't coexist, and both sides have done their part to ensure that.

I tend to agree. If sasquatches exist they are probably an apex predator in their niche but have chosen to avoid humans and actively do so. It seems they are denying us interaction with their species and if they are it is possibly because of hundreds of thousands of years of learning to do so for their own survival. We are puny, but we are many, and organized, and determined and, shall we say, in some ways, crazy little dudes (we must appear like evil children) to them. We are not simply interested in killing for food or sustenance as history proves. We love vendettas and tribal warfare and do things just because they can be done, not because they have to be done. Humans really defy logic if you think conservatively as probably these creatures do.

There is also some evidence in the form of witness reports that sasquatches that live in remote areas and have very rare encounters with humans, if any, are more prone to aggression and are less shy. In our area there are spots that there are more disappearances than others. I have heard of a researcher being actively chased out of one such spot, and he was a tough cookie but vowed never to go there again (North side of Pitt Lake, BC). It is difficult to prove that sasquatches have killed people but it is in our local (and others) aboriginal collective memory that they are, and they avoided each other very strictly.

Just a couple of quick question about that thought micahn. Why do we not here stories about the "ones" (humans) that got away from these attacks? Wouldn't there be some?

People escape wildlife attacks, even from Grizzlies, and live to tell the tales (and in some cases show the scars).

Masterbarber,

We do hear a lot of stories from the ones that got away. They are called "encounters." Most especially the ones that involve aggressive behavior such as "paralleling" or chasing. You never know...

Cisco

Admin

I was referring to actual physical attacks where the victim was able to get away.

Guest UnknownHairyOne

I was referring to actual physical attacks where the victim was able to get away.

I agree. The fact that the vast majority here go out in the woods and encounter them here and there or frequently, yet report no deaths, says a lot. There be the occasional soiled underwear but deaths, no. Could there be a crazy rogue somewhere and/or a dogman that's been shot at and predisposed to attacking? Sure. But it's the less than 1% in my opinion or I wouldn't be out there. Hell, I soil my britches for big cats. If these guys were aggressive, I would not be out there at all.

Guest JudasBeast

We don't know that they don't kill humans. People die in the outdoors all the time from "accidents". There are other ways that people could be killed by BF than by being ripped limb from limb.

Maybe they are just intelligent enough to cover their "tracks". :ph34r:

I keep thinking of Bigfoot wiping down the place for prints and throwing the dead guys wallet and cell phone down the sewer. LOL

Guest krakatoa

Top Ten Reasons Bigfoot don't kill Humans:

10: Because their fingers are too thick to fit in the trigger guard.

9: Because we are harder to field dress than the average deer.

8: Old Bigfoot-wives tale they believe: If you don't kill any humans, ZZ Top will keep touring.

7: They'd love to, but have you tried to get a tag for humans lately? You get strange looks, and ordered to leave.

6: Bigfoots are scared of ghosts, and human ghosts appear in the mid-900 nanometer range.

5: Because we taste like chicken McNuggets.

4: Bigfoot would rather be "knocking", if you know what I mean.

3: Because we smell worse on the inside than we do on the outside.

2: Look at 'em! You can tell they are just a bunch of long-haired pacifist hippies!

And the number one reason Bigfoot don't kill Humans:

1: They have gone to the woods to chew bubblegum & kick ass. And they aren't out of bubblegum yet.

• Upvote 3

Guest Tsalagi

Think about if there was anyone physically harmed by Bigfoot and escaped would they necessarily tell anyone? They might tell a trusted love one, but do you think they would go public? They would be subject to ridicule and would lose respect among their family, friends, neighbors & possibly lose their job. Somehow its even harder for people to believe in BF than it is for UFO's and alien abductions. If you were attacked yet had no dead BF body to show, no photos or videos would you announce to the local news that you got your butt kicked by Sasquatch? I wouldn't!

Guest Tsalagi

For those that don't think BF is dangerous then how should we interpret such actions as following people in the woods and hitting them with rocks? If you mean no harm then why even bother the little humans? Are they attention seekers then?

Guest krakatoa

Thanks I-1. Glad you liked it.

If you were attacked yet had no dead BF body to show, no photos or videos would you announce to the local news that you got your butt kicked by Sasquatch? I wouldn't!

Sure I would. Oh, wait.... is it a girl bigfoot? Hmm. Probably still would.

Now, if it were someone from the Bigfoot Audio/Video team, no way in a million years I'd tell.

Could be sassy :) Well, probably the majority of the time they're civil. Like people you'll have many situations such as rogue or someone misbehaving. However, I side with you that it is the exception not the rule.

I really do think it's a matter of which population you are dealing with. I think the majority are pretty calm and relatively non-threatening (unless you startle, injure or otherwise **** one off), but some areas they're more aggressive, and in others (parts of Alaska, parts of the PNW, the Kiamichi's, etc) they're downright dangerous.

It's like with bears...black bears you can deal with most times with minor precautions, grizzlys you need to be a LOT more careful with, and Kodiaks are just plain mean.

There is also some evidence in the form of witness reports that sasquatches that live in remote areas and have very rare encounters with humans, if any, are more prone to aggression and are less shy. In our area there are spots that there are more disappearances than others. I have heard of a researcher being actively chased out of one such spot, and he was a tough cookie but vowed never to go there again (North side of Pitt Lake, BC). It is difficult to prove that sasquatches have killed people but it is in our local (and others) aboriginal collective memory that they are, and they avoided each other very strictly.

I think that's in part because they are less used to human presence on top of the regional variations I already discussed.

And then there are some individuals who are just pure and simple bad news evil/crazy/whatever.

Admin

Think about if there was anyone physically harmed by Bigfoot and escaped would they necessarily tell anyone? They might tell a trusted love one, but do you think they would go public?

They also might tell an EMT, First responder and/or other medical services personnel, if they required treatment. The point is that we don't hear about any incidents of this nature, do we? Would every victim be too embarrased to tell exactly what happened to them? If we used only your criteria, would we ever hear of any BF sightings, stalkings, or anything else that wasn't a physical attack?

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic