Ohio 2014

chelefoot

Hello Hammer102492,

Aw shucks Hammer, hilifer not's so bad when ya think about it :) Anyway, Up until about 2012 Don Keating, a long time researcher in the Newcomerstown (of all names!) Ohio had run the Ohio BF Conference for around 20 years or so before turning it over to others. He was in touch with a family in Cannonsburg, PA which is Wasington County. In 1991 the family was experiencing quite a bit of activity. Here's the brief report from the John Green Database, Incident ID#3089:

"...family had several unusual sasquatch encounters. .......was interviewed on video about sighting in late summer, 1991. He also had a cast of a 14-inch footprint and gave Don Keating some coarse black hairs collected off the top strand of a 4-foot barbed wire fence..."

I don't know if Mr. Keating will be at the conference but, if he is, would it be possible to ask him what ever happened to the black hairs retrieved from that barbed wire fence? I would really appreciate it.

Edited by hiflier

Ok hiflier, if he is there, I will ask him. The Friday meet and greet would be a good place to start.

I'll take good notes and report back. It's my first BF conference! Woo hoo

Hello Hammer102492,

Well, then have a blast you ol' first timer you. I imagine a lot will be going on there with the BF celebrities milling around with you. Wish I was going as I've a kazillion questions to ask. I think that after the Melba Ketchum thing, Dr. Sykes et al, and others(?) that the hair/DNA thing rather than becoming stale should be kept alive as possible.

Just my two rocks lobbed into the mix. And thanks. If you forget in the hub bub no worries. I will do a follow up if need be later ;)

Edited by hiflier

Hope to meet you Aaron! I'll be in tie dye.

I'll letcha know closer to the day if I'm gonna be there and what I plan to wear.

Hey Hammer,

I wish I could go . Take notes and share please.

Yes!  I second this request!

I always look forward to feedback from the conferences. Lots of times, researchers will hold onto new information to share at conferences. So, everyone come back with a full report for those of us who can't attend~! :)

Oh and BTW - Pictures are required!

Everyone be safe and have fun!

This is too much fun. Tom Yamarone is awesome. Other things that were awesome...

Feeding deer from our hospitality suite balcony

Bro in law and I hearing a whistle just after we got to friends remote campsite.

Playing shaker can and singing Grateful Dead with Yamarone friends at the lodge fireplace

Engineer and his brother having fun explorin

People watching

Talking to Cliff about the Grateful Dead. He wants to help me with research at our place

Fog so thick we had a hard time making it back to the lodge from campsite.

Conference organizer connected me to a local guy that knows of 4 recent reports in my area!

Thinking about blowing off lectures and going mushroom hunting.

Salt Fork employees wearing awesome shirts! I believe. Im the last one up at the BF conf. It's kinda cold.

Balcony view is awesome

Campsite view is awesome!

Our company logo as sponsors on banners ROCK

Dinner was fun, mob scene

Saw Bob Gimlin in his hat.

It's all good.

Oh, this is fun. I have pics.

Can't believe I just heard that!!!!

As sure as my name is Hammer, I heard that.

It pays to be the last one up at the BF conf.

How am I going to sleep now?

I am so tempted to play that recording now, but I won't.

Too ____ much. Seriously. Wow

I could pass s sobriety test right now, I think. I heard that.