Wildlife Refuges, Preserves, State Parks, National Parks, Greenways And Trails

Guest lightheart

I have studied some of the reports that I could find around the house. Some were old and some of them were newer. I have not really got in depth like a PI would get but have heard 1 or 2 reports that were never reported to any media or BF group. I plotted the sightings I had learned and found that they created an arc around a state park that has a game land that butts up against it on the west side, making a large chunk of wilderness. The sightings made an arc out to about 12 miles from the state park. The funny thing is none had ever been reported from in the park. I just wonder if people have reported them to park rangers and that is as far as the reports get. Game land here is mostly used during the hunting season. The state parks allow no hunting and actually can cite you for Harrasing any wildlife in the park. This is also the area that I have said before a track was found and the wildlife officer was called out to look at and at first said that the people that found it might have something here. The officer then changed his story after he talked to his supervisor and try to destroy the track. I live about 12 miles east of this park.

Guest lightheart

I have been to your state once BobbyO and fell in love with everything about it. We went to Mount Ranier while we were there. It was just amazing.

A couple of additional things. Had i used " in or within 15 miles " the 38% would have jumped considerably, up to near 70% which is pretty cool. The whole reason i spent the time i did on it DWA was because i wanted to look at the elevations for the sightings specifically because i wanted to see how "natural" they were or weren't. I used WA specifically as i knew it would give me good variation in elevation and it would give me a good enough number set ( over 500 reports to look at ). The season to elevation thing i suspected would be how it was, but of course we must not forget that is also the season to elevation that the people would be, and we need the people for a sighting. Still, it is what it is. I would have been worried if the vast majority of summer sightings had been under 300ft in elevation let's just say.. ;)

Hey BobbyO.  Quick question - Washington has by my count 31 Wilderness Areas which you say is nearly 10% of the state's area.  Do you know what the 5 mile and 15 mile buffers would raise that percentage to?  That is going to depend upon the shape and size of each of those 31 different wilderness areas. 

There is a wild life refuge in MD that gets some buzz and has an interesting report from it in the BFRO, and there is a thread about the refuge here in the Mid Atlantic Sightings thread.  Patuxent Wildlife Refuge.

This used to be an area of great interest to me when I lived in MD up until last year. 

Something very strange actually I just noticed.  I was looking for the report from the BFRO website to post it here and it seems to be gone?  That or I'm an idiot and can't find it.  I went through all the MD reports and did not see it.  IT should have been in Prince George county or Anne Arundel county?

Huh?  maybe there is a cover up?  There used to be a great report of a research biologist who worked at the refuge and they had some stories about strange happenings ect... along with comments on how veteran employees used to respond to questions regarding bigfoot.

Ill keep looking for it,  not sure why it would have gotten removed from website though? 

SSR Team

Hey BobbyO. Quick question - Washington has by my count 31 Wilderness Areas which you say is nearly 10% of the state's area. Do you know what the 5 mile and 15 mile buffers would raise that percentage to? That is going to depend upon the shape and size of each of those 31 different wilderness areas.

Ooooohhh I'll try to work that out best I can Nod, it may take me a while though..;)

Lots of BFRO reports seem to get pulled from their site bigbear for whatever reason, I've come across it lots with the WA and I have no idea why they do it.

Well, for my two cents, I don't think that the government protects land just for SSQ, however, Roosevelt did see one, and he is the presidential king of designating federal protected lands.  These areas protect all creatures living there. 

Although, I know of a state forest near here in Ohio that allows hunting.  Nobody I know goes in there with a gun because they don't know who else is in there with a gun.  BF sightings have occurred in that area. 

Sure, I believe BF is on these somewhat undisturbed lands.  Why wouldn't it be? 

No govt. employee is going to say for sure anything because they could lose their job.  I used to work at an airport and my friend the air traffic controller told me seriously about things he has seen on the radar that he can't explain.  He's not going to say that publically or in any sort of official capacity because they would bounce him right out of the tower.  I also heard an amazing account from a pilot who I know well and trust.  Again, he wouldn't say that to just anyone because it would have a negative outcome.  So I don't blame the park employees for not telling a stranger what they really know or have seen.  That's just the nature of the beast so to speak.

We have wildlife nature preserves in this country, and IMHO BF is just one of those creatures.  I personally don't need someone from the government to tell me that they are there.  They would never do it anyway. 

Take Mohican State Park and Salt Fork State Park, Ohio for example... civilian reports from there all the time...

Well, for my two cents, I don't think that the government protects land just for SSQ, however, Roosevelt did see one, and he is the presidential king of designating federal protected lands.  These areas protect all creatures living there.

He did?    Could you expand on that?  I don't remember hearing about it.   Thx.

MIB

I recall reading about President Roosevelt on the BFRO.net website under early American legends.  Just tried to go to it to verify but there was an error.  That site had a few issues earlier this year, so maybe that part is not fixed yet. 

He was on some big out west expedition and had an experience by their camp fire.  He is responsible for designating so many of the federal parks out west there.  My husband and I took a road trip through Zion, Arches, Grand Canyon et al. 

I'm sure you could find it elsewhere on the internet about his story with BF.  He was a big hunter and loved nature, and wanted to preserve it all for generations to come. 

I found it.  My copy and paste doesn't work, so I will type it in and hope it works.  It was written by Roosevelt.  He heard this story while on a big out west expedition.  I was wrong.  He didn't see it, but was told about it.  Sorry about that. 

It's a great read. 

www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/bauman.htm

Edited by Hammer102492

The "Bauman" story.  Cool.  I thought maybe there was another one I wasn't aware of.   We can always hope, right?  :)

MIB

Hammer i dont get what you mean by people wont go in the woods with a gun becsuse they dont know who else is in there with a gun... ..? Confused...

As for the bauman story i dont he actually saw one did he? I thought he just came back to camp and people were dead and he saw footprints? Ill have to read it again,sorry.

Our hunter friend doesn't want to hunt in the state forest because it gets crowded and hard to tell where everyone else is located.

I was wrong, Roosevelt didn't see it, just relayed the story.

Sorry about that.