Some Really Wild, In Your Face Incidents............true?

georgerm

This is a portion of an interview with Dennis from Oklahoma, who claims to have had many encounters with BF. What do we know about him and the reported encounters?

http://www.mulderswo...h_sasquatch.pdf

Dennis:  Six.  There were six of them. See, it was 9:00 P.M., so it was already getting dark where we were at.  Also cause we were camping next to the creek.  Cause I knew that they‘d come down to the creek to get water, cause them things take a lot of water.  And then we just had the one Coleman lantern out to see by.

JP:   You said they came ―through. Do you mean literally through your camp?

Dennis:  Like running around, like a bunch of . . . Have you saw those Indian films before?  How Indians when they would attack would run around all through the camp?  Sort of like that.  Just run around among our camp.  Didn‘t hurt nobody or anything and didn‘t stay any time at all.  When they came, it was just so quiet you couldn‘t hear anything.  Then there they were, when they hadn‘t been there before. You know, it was shocking.  When they show up, you don‘t hear no sound or anything before.  They‘re so quiet, that‘s what I said.  And I didn‘t get a very good look at ‘em,  cause I was trying to make sure they didn‘t hurt nobody.  That one boy, he brought one of my shotguns with us, and he said everybody was so scared they couldn‘t even think about going for nothing.  I couldn‘t even think about going for nothing. You know, it‘s so overwhelming to see something that looks so different than a person, and up close and in your face, you kind of freeze.  Everybody froze.  Even me, but I wasn‘t as scared as they was.  They just thought everybody was gonna get killed right there and then..............................

Edited by georgerm

I've only read the first 16 pages so far, so I'll reserve my opinion for when I'm finished.  I did enjoy the part about them hippies from California trying to give the kids pills to work faster in the fields.  They had to be hippies, they had California license plates on their car.

Ummmm.....I'd say the part about them making and throwing little tomahawks certainly stretches my credulity. Well, lots of it does, but I don't believe it is crucial for me, or anyone else, to declare if we believe it or not. It either is true, or it is not, but I certainly can't declare it one or the other. Some day we may have additional information that sheds light on these kind of narratives.  Or maybe we never will.  

Edited by WSA

Well if it's true, then Dennis is one of the most experienced experts on BF since he grew up with many encounters and witnessed BF in many situations. Parts are very believable, yet the part about knives, and arrows is simply too unusual take in.

Guest JiggyPotamus

I can't really tell whether this witness is being truthful or not, but it got me to thinking about "habitual hoaxers." Wouldn't it be more likely for someone who craves attention to claim multiple sasquatch encounters, or habituation, among other not so common types of encounters? That doesn't mean all such claims are false. It just seems to me that most of the people who report a single encounter are likely telling the truth.

Of course some people will have multiple encounters, especially if they spend more time is sasquatch habitat, so I suppose it would be hard to judge the veracity of someone's claims by the person's previous reporting history, but maybe it is something to take into consideration.

Guest lightheart

I found the knives and tomahawks a bit difficult to take in as well. However, i will say maybe the Sasquatch in some areas had more contact with NA and began to use some of their tools. Isn't Oklahoma where a large number of NA were made to resettle on reservations? (Trail of Tears)

true? I dont know.. bigfoot shooting wooden arrows?..

now the second guy they interviewer is a known hoaxer..he was on Finding bigfoot and they all thought he hoaxed.. i think he goes. by the squatch master on youtube?

I found the knives and tomahawks a bit difficult to take in as well. However, i will say maybe the Sasquatch in some areas had more contact with NA and began to use some of their tools. Isn't Oklahoma where a large number of NA n

My thoughts too. This fellow may have had encounters as a child and now is simply embellishing his reports. Maybe someone on the forum will know more about these reports.

I can't really tell whether this witness is being truthful or not, but it got me to thinking about "habitual hoaxers." Wouldn't it be more likely for someone who craves attention to claim multiple sasquatch encounters, or habituation, among other not so common types of encounters? That doesn't mean all such claims are false. It just seems to me that most of the people who report a single encounter are likely telling the truth.

Of course some people will have multiple encounters, especially if they spend more time is sasquatch habitat, so I suppose it would be hard to judge the veracity of someone's claims by the person's previous reporting history, but maybe it is something to take into consideration

Agree and can't tell either. He seems to be unaware of how unusual his reports sound.

He may be truthful as he sees the truth and yet relating nothing but fantasy. The knives, the attempted stabbing by the bigfoot at the back door, the catches of weapons he would find in the woods, all  sound very paranoid. I won't elaborate futher.

Agree.................either paranoid or a really strange subspecies of BF that are more human like............but not likely.  Maybe someone will know more about this story and character of the so called witness.

Who could live in a house and have BF trying to break in each night? 

I've only read the first 16 pages so far, so I'll reserve my opinion for when I'm finished.  I did enjoy the part about them hippies from California trying to give the kids pills to work faster in the fields.  They had to be hippies, they had California license plates on their car.

Strangely the interviewer never asked Dennis what became of the Hippies from California.

It was just left that they disappeared and left their car and half eaten sandwiches behind never to be seen again.

Surely one of the adults would have notified the local law enforcement.

I thought it was interesting that so many dodgy, scary things happened to Dennis' family. And interesting that, at several junctures, Dennis indicates that his own family had a history of behaving aggressively toward each other. 

Some people have noted a connection between these things: That when you're expressing anger and hostility a lot, you'll get that back from your hairy neighbors. 

Dennis said that he had to be careful to do certain things a certain way, or he'd be beaten. That seems to indicate that the dad might not have been the easiest person to get along with.

Here are some quotes about the violence in his household:

"My dad had an ex-race horse that he used for cutting cattle. And one time he tried to chase one down. But usually I never talked about it ̳cause I might get a beating when I got home for saying I‘d seen them."

"I would get so dirty and muddy that I‘d get beaten at home for getting my clothes so dirty and muddy."

Dennis also mentions that his brother, who was a kind soul and would never harm another being, was never bothered by the Bigfoot the way he was. 

"Or see, like my brother, they [meaning, the BF] never acted angry to him, but he never wanted to shoot or hurt an animal or he never did any hunting. He never did no, I guess what you‘d call aggressive types of things. He never was quite the normal boy or nothing that they could see or anything. They could see he had a different personality than I did; so, therefore, they never acted hostile toward him, ever."

Freeman Young makes the same point later on, in one of his interview segments: that aggression begets aggression. 

Edited by LeafTalker