Some Really Wild, In Your Face Incidents............true?

georgerm

Well, I read the whole thing.  it started to go downhill for me when he claimed the hog bit through a hardwood baseball bat.  The Freeman guy is really out there.

t.

I have to agree with the last several posters. The first interview was very interesting and entertaining to say the least, but they seemed to just get hard to read by the second and third report.

The more you're out in the woods, and the more you start connecting with who's out there, the more sense those final two reports will start to make.   :)

JDL: Too funny. 

Edited by LeafTalker

For a Dennis to stray so far from normal BF behavior and not flinch strikes me as odd.

It's probably not possible that the BFs is this remote area of Oklahoma are a subspecies.  This subspecies has human like characteristics due to DNA exchanges between Native Americans and BF over the last 8000 years?

I would like to hear from other BF researcers in Weatherford, Oklahoma.

The report from the Urban BF thread below describes a human like BF that was captured.

News brought by the steamer Amos Hays
from Lower River is to the effect that the wild
man captured in Ocheecee Swamp, near
Chattahoochee, and carried to Tallahassee,
did not belong to a Florida asylum, and that
all inquiry proved unavailing to identify him.
He had been swimming in Ocheecee Lake,
from island to island, and when taken was
entirely destitute of clothing, emaciated, and
covered with a phenomenal growth of hair.
He could give no account of himself, and the
theory is that he escaped from an asylum of
some other state, and spent his time in the
woods, living on berries, &c.

Other reports followed, but the details were
consistent. The captured Wild Man acted
insane, was covered with a thick growth of
hair and had lived deep in the swamps.

The newspapers of the time, however, were
silent on the eventual fate of the Ocheesee
Pond Wild Man. Despite the fact that his body
was covered in thick hair, he was human
enough in appearance that his captors
believed that he probably had escaped from
an asylum. No asylum reported such an odd
escapee, however, and his captors became
even more baffled by the Wild Man.

Edited by georgerm

I read Dennis's account of his history with the BFs somewhere else a few years ago. It was basically the same, except it was more detailed about the father's cruelty to his family. If I'm not confusing it with another story, the father was supposedly connected with the mafia, some way. I think there were more details about the "hippies" disappearance that must have been edited out, also.

I wish I could remember where I read it....

I agree with you that he had more details in the old version???  Was it a draft copy of something?  So now I get to ask my mother in law, who is from Hydro, if she knows this guy???  It's a small town, there were 8 kids in her graduating class lol.

Ah, just remembered, he made a report to the BFRO, and he does go into a lot more detail but I'm not sure BFRO still has it listed.  The hairy guy was standing and watching his mom and sister, in a lewd and very upsetting stance, according to what was later added to that report.  He didn't seem comfortable in the beginning to tell what really happened.

Edited by Sunflower

Sunflower, ask you mother-in-law about Dennis and stories of BF in the area. Sounds like there are a fair number living in the creek drainages.

New poster here, but have been reading with great interest for awhile. I have family around that area and visit every other year. Last year we did a little tracking on the Canadian River, really fun. Can't wait to ask a couple elders about the boogers and look forward to your comments. I too, find the stories fascinating, yet troubling.

Thank you george. Don't know if you've been to western OK, but I used to think it was mostly bleak and boring. Wherever I travel now, I open up the sat map and figure out where they might be.

I agree with you that he had more details in the old version???  Was it a draft copy of something?  So now I get to ask my mother in law, who is from Hydro, if she knows this guy???  It's a small town, there were 8 kids in her graduating class lol.

Ah, just remembered, he made a report to the BFRO, and he does go into a lot more detail but I'm not sure BFRO still has it listed.  The hairy guy was standing and watching his mom and sister, in a lewd and very upsetting stance, according to what was later added to that report.  He didn't seem comfortable in the beginning to tell what really happened.

I didn't realize that was the same report. Is that the one where the creature was first seen laying on it's back near the old house, doing something to itself ?