Some Really Wild, In Your Face Incidents............true?

georgerm

I read Dennis's account of his history with the BFs somewhere else a few years ago. It was basically the same, except it was more detailed about the father's cruelty to his family. If I'm not confusing it with another story, the father was supposedly connected with the mafia, some way. I think there were more details about the "hippies" disappearance that must have been edited out, also.

I wish I could remember where I read it....

Oh no, now some skeptic is going to start claiming that bigfooters believe there's a connection between bigfoot and the mafia.  It'll become word of mouth accepted fact among skeptics and we'll never hear the end of it.

Patently foolish, because if it were so, skeptics would have to live in skeptical dread of bigfooters contracting Men in Hair (MIH's) to put a decapitation on them.

You're right!!! I better do a quick screen capture of that post so I can dig it out when they accuse me of "claiming" a BF/mafia connection.

Thanks for the heads up. :biggrin:

I read Dennis's account of his history with the BFs somewhere else a few years ago. It was basically the same, except it was more detailed about the father's cruelty to his family. If I'm not confusing it with another story, the father was supposedly connected with the mafia, some way. I think there were more details about the "hippies" disappearance that must have been edited out, also.

I wish I could remember where I read it....

Sassyfooty, you may have it confused with another story since the father was described as a hard working country farmer with no urban connections.

The map below shows the areas where claimed sightings occurred. There is some cover for BF.  

post-447-0-56089200-1387389131_thumb.jpg

Edited by georgerm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixie_Mafia

The Dixie Mafia committed most of their crimes in areas that lacked strong, coordinated law enforcement, particularly in small communities throughout the South. In doing so, murders, intimidation, or other criminal activities could take place with less risk of local law enforcement being able to directly link the crimes to the organization.[original research?] Small town and county law enforcement agencies, especially in poorer sections of the South up to the 1990s, were usually inadequately equipped, and rarely had officers with extensive experience in the investigation of homicide or organized crime.[citation needed]

The members of the Dixie Mafia usually created small, seemingly legitimate, businesses such as buying and selling junk or antiques. These businesses would provide fronts for the operators to buy and sell stolen items provided by others within the network. The businesses would usually operate until they aroused suspicion, then move to another location.[citation needed]

Am I the only one who sees the questions asks as more or less leading in nature.  Sometimes the question almost answers itself.

Edited by Old Dog

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixie_Mafia

The members of the Dixie Mafia usually created small, seemingly legitimate, businesses such as buying and selling junk or antiques. These businesses would provide fronts for the operators to buy and sell stolen items provided by others within the network. The businesses would usually operate until they aroused suspicion, then move to another location.

Classic example of why Wikipedia can't be trusted.

Almost every concrete company in the Southeast is owned by the Dixie Mafia. So they own far more than just small junk and antique shops.

After reading these interviews front to back, I can say it was an entertaining experience. 

Thought I had heard it all, but I must say that monkees building/using tomahawks, attempting murder with a knife (why would a monkee bother with an edged weapon to kill a human?) building and using archery gear , apparently to include knapped broadheads, which then bounced off the subject when he was hit by their arrows, having self inner  illuminating and self controlled multi-color eye shine which is used like morse code flash messaging on warships, and a "cultural" gathering of 100+ (possibly a primitive flash mob?) of the critters, an event to which the subject was not only allowed to attend but was also allowed to bring a guest, and an estimate of a population in the millions with a claim they are literally everywhere including in cities and "ghettos" but we just can't see them, are all new to me...

Edited by NDT

J.P. Smith is a professional journalist. 

Good try, though. 

Having worked for the past thirty years in newspaper journalism, the last twenty with the San Jose Mercury News, I believe I can identify leading questions when I see them.  The best crafted come from professional journalist, as does some of the best fiction.

After reading these interviews front to back, I can say it was an entertaining experience. 

Thought I had heard it all, but I must say that monkees building/using tomahawks, attempting murder with a knife (why would a monkee bother with an edged weapon to kill a human?) building and using archery gear , apparently to include knapped broadheads, which then bounced off the subject when he was hit by their arrows, having self inner  illuminating and self controlled multi-color eye shine which is used like morse code flash messaging on warships, and a "cultural" gathering of 100+ (possibly a primitive flash mob?) of the critters, an event to which the subject was not only allowed to attend but was also allowed to bring a guest, and an estimate of a population in the millions with a claim they are literally everywhere including in cities and "ghettos" but we just can't see them, are all new to me...

LOL, you lasted longer than I did.  I got to a certain point and just lost interest.

(why would a monkee bother with an edged weapon to kill a human?)

Because it's not a monkee and I didn't read anything about them using knives to kill humans.

He said they had used a knife to kill game and his brothers sheep.

there's a part in the first interview where he said a bigfoot reached through a window by his bed and it had a knife in its hand but his mom ran in at the last second and stopped it

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
Remove quote of preceding post