Why Is Bf So Shy/reclusive?

JanV

Guest Cervelo

Not one single shred of scientifically verifiable piece of evidence that they even exist....

Edited by Cervelo

IMO it's a numbers game.  Very few creatures = few credible sightings, and no empirical evidence that would stand up in a court of law.  Mine is not the popular view, and I realize that.  I know from personal experience they're real, but it is hard to tackle the question on why it hasn't been proven yet, and why they're so shy and elusive.

The only thing that makes any sense to me is, they somehow know to avoid us.  Maybe that info has been handed down to them from their ancestors, or it's their instinct at a genetic or cellular level.  There is something going on here or this game would be long over.

I think there are thicker populations in a few parts, such as British Colombia, and parts of WA, but IMHO, they're on their way out, and there aren't very many left.  Although, I think they are curious of us...and that's what will get them into trouble...or proven....IF, they're ever proven.

DR

Edited by Derekfoot

IMO it's a numbers game. Very few creatures = few credible sightings, and no empirical evidence that would stand up in a court of law. Mine is not the popular view, and I realize that. I know from personal experience they're real, but it is hard to tackle the question on why it hasn't been proven yet, and why they're so shy and elusive.

The only thing that makes any sense to me is, they somehow know to avoid us. Maybe that info has been handed down to them from their ancestors, or it's their instinct at a genetic or cellular level. There is something going on here or this game would be long over.

I think there are thicker populations in a few parts, such as British Colombia, and parts of WA, but IMHO, they're on their way out, and there aren't very many left. Although, I think they are curious of us...and that's what will get them into trouble...or proven....IF, they're ever proven.

Hi Derek,

A few questions:

Do you think there is little to no possibility that BF have a cultural component to their persistent avoidance patterns and nocturnal existence?

Do you think they have language?

Why do you think their populations are declining? Do you discount the sightings in the South and East?

Sorry , I didn't mean to ask the questions in the quote!

Edited by JanV

^^^ Derek, it's right outside of Punxsutawney, PA heading north along 119. Just about 30 minutes southwest of where I had a possible encounter. The area has had a lot of sightings since. As far as why the insurance company used it on their billboard, IDK. Probably for popularity.

IMO it's a numbers game. Very few creatures = few credible sightings, and no empirical evidence that would stand up in a court of law. Mine is not the popular view, and I realize that. I know from personal experience they're real, but it is hard to tackle the question on why it hasn't been proven yet, and why they're so shy and elusive.

The only thing that makes any sense to me is, they somehow know to avoid us. Maybe that info has been handed down to them from their ancestors, or it's their instinct at a genetic or cellular level. There is something going on here or this game would be long over.

I think there are thicker populations in a few parts, such as British Colombia, and parts of WA, but IMHO, they're on their way out, and there aren't very many left. Although, I think they are curious of us...and that's what will get them into trouble...or proven....IF, they're ever proven.

Hi Derek,

A few questions:

Do you think there is little to no possibility that BF have a cultural component to their persistent avoidance patterns and nocturnal existence?

Do you think they have language?

Why do you think their populations are declining? Do you discount the sightings in the South and East?

Sorry , I didn't mean to ask the questions in the quote!

I think it's possible that they have ...some type of language.  I would never say for sure though unless, I witnessed them talking, or someone proves it otherwise.  It's not a stretch in my brain to be open to that idea.

I have no problem with a cultural component either.  Could be.

I believe their populations are declining because...if they weren't, I think we'd have proof by now.  Please understand, I'm a pretty skeptical person when it comes to witness reports.  I think most, and that's being generous, are not BF at all.  Yes I do believe some are legit...but a small percentage.  I have many reasons for thinking along these lines.  I chased sightings for many years...up and down the west coast.  I've worked with tons of witnesses.  I believe the majority of reports are miss-identification, miss interpretation,  or down right BS.  Trust me, I'm not popular in a lot of BF circles because of my beliefs, but that's OK with me.

I also look at the track record.  I have indeed found tracks from the same individual at different times...sometimes different years.  I do a lot of tracking in some of the huge river drainage's here in the Olympics...Elwa, Queets, Quinault and Sol Duc.  One thing I am sure of is that they follow the Elk...especially during calving season.  It's one of the areas where we've come close to establishing predictability IMHO.  Tracks do show up, but not many.  BF tracks..at least real ones are very rare IMO, although, a creature of that size would have to spend a considerable amount of time eating and drinking.  I key a ton of my research time tracking water ways, and that's where I've found the majority of prints that I consider real.  My point is..(sorry, rambling), if there were more of them, there would be much more sign plain and simple.  If they had a good viable breeding population, I think there would be much more sign, and many more reliable reports...and pictures...and vid footage.

As far as the south and east go, I have no idea.  I try hard not to speak to things I don't know about.  Do I believe there's a chance they're there? Yes.  I think there are environments and habitats that could support these creatures, but I've never done any research there, and I've never worked with many witnesses there, so I don't have much of an opinion.

^^^ Derek, it's right outside of Punxsutawney, PA heading north along 119. Just about 30 minutes southwest of where I had a possible encounter. The area has had a lot of sightings since. As far as why the insurance company used it on their billboard, IDK. Probably for popularity.

Man I would love to get a copy of that for the Bigfoot bar!!!  Very cool!!

Cervelo, here's a sign from Punxsutawney, PA

attachicon.gif001.JPG

Brilliant advertising?  Whether or not you believe in bigfoot, you'll think of that insurance broker when you're thinking about buying insurance. 

IMO it's a numbers game.  Very few creatures = few credible sightings, and no empirical evidence that would stand up in a court of law.  ....

(Emphasis added)  No, no, no.  No.   Eyewitness testimony is fine to prove either a crime or a civil matter in a court of law.  Hypothetically, you could have a murder w/no body, no weapon, and a very limited amount of physical corroborating evidence and still prove murder through only eyewitness testimony. That being said, there is a difference in what is being proven in a court of law and proving something to the point that it is generally or scientifically accepted. 

Not at all, I took it last time I was through Punxsy. Thought it was cool also.

Once isn't enough? :)  

BFF Patron

Does anyone have any compelling evidence that BF are not human?

Yeah, but you have to go over to the NAWAC thread if you want to interpret the same "human" evidence in obtuse ways that makes it look "ape".  LOL. 

Man I would love to get a copy of that for the Bigfoot bar!!!  Very cool!!

LOL, you could copy it or I could PM it to you. Crop as you need. Or you could call Matson Ins. and request a copy.....Let me know if I can be of assistance ;)

Brilliant advertising?  Whether or not you believe in bigfoot, you'll think of that insurance broker when you're thinking about buying insurance. 

Once isn't enough? :)

I'm only 30 minutes from there. I would never travel to see it tho....not even on Feb 2! LOL Ever since someone sniper shot the groundhog they been cracking down on the Gobler's Knob event, can't even party there now.