Why Is Bf So Shy/reclusive?

JanV

(Emphasis added)  No, no, no.  No.   Eyewitness testimony is fine to prove either a crime or a civil matter in a court of law.  Hypothetically, you could have a murder w/no body, no weapon, and a very limited amount of physical corroborating evidence and still prove murder through only eyewitness testimony. That being said, there is a difference in what is being proven in a court of law and proving something to the point that it is generally or scientifically accepted. 

OK, should have worded that differently.  I will pull back the court part :D

Edited by Derekfoot

I propose language giving them the ability to pass critical defensive/avoidance strategies quickly. They pick up on new tools pretty quickly. Now suppose they have a few confederates among the Hss crowd feeding them information and they pass it around among themselves. It all depends on if they use language, it would open a number of possible ways for them to learn about us and our tactics.

BFF Patron

I wish I could find the post that I read yesterday (or remember who wrote it) suggesting why possibly some BFs seem more comfortable with coming in closer to human habitats than others.

It could be possible that some have figured out that they can find easier meals by rummaging thru trash, campsites, etc....while there are those that stay far back in the mountains that may have never even come in contact with humans. Unfortunately, it's a question we may never get an answer to.

Yah, MM just posted a tweet the other day alerting all Navajo's to be on the lookout for BF's that were accessing cat food on back porches of local indigenous people......   enough said. 

Hello bipedalist,

That's interesting indeed! One has to wonder along the lines of the state of the naturl food supply there. Isn't the SW still experiencing a severe drought? Could be even food plants are affected. Those folks probably should be on the alert for other creatures as well as the Hairy Guy IMO.

I propose language giving them the ability to pass critical defensive/avoidance strategies quickly. They pick up on new tools pretty quickly. Now suppose they have a few confederates among the Hss crowd feeding them information and they pass it around among themselves. It all depends on if they use language, it would open a number of possible ways for them to learn about us and our tactics.

I think I can agree with this thinking. Even my cat, when my wife and I discuss our strategy for giving him worm medicine, seems to understand our dialogue and tries to take off.

OK, should have worded that differently.  I will pull back the court part :D

I've just seen a lot of people throwing semi-legal jargon about and finally blew up on your post... sorry 'bout that....  :) 

"Yah, MM just posted a tweet the other day alerting all Navajo's to be on the lookout for BF's that were accessing cat food on back porches of local indigenous people......   enough said."

Out of curiosity, how does one first rule out the usual suspects?  Neighbor's cats, feral cats/dogs, varmints (skunk, raccoon, etc.), etc..... 

Hello Trogluddite,

If the neighbor happens to be AaronD then I think you can rule out the cat angle. It's too busy hiding from the dreaded worm pill. Who says cats aren't like Humans? LOL

BFF Patron

I've just seen a lot of people throwing semi-legal jargon about and finally blew up on your post... sorry 'bout that....   :)

"Yah, MM just posted a tweet the other day alerting all Navajo's to be on the lookout for BF's that were accessing cat food on back porches of local indigenous people......   enough said."

Out of curiosity, how does one first rule out the usual suspects?  Neighbor's cats, feral cats/dogs, varmints (skunk, raccoon, etc.), etc..... 

If you know MM, then you know that he has the pulse of the coconut telegraph re: the inner workings of the Sasquatch strategy on the extant outdoor dry catfood market futures.  Pity the poor other varmints.  Have you ever seen a sasquatch stare down a possum?........   it ain't pretty.  LOL.  Have to say I have only seen a cat stare down a possum over a bowl of catfood.....    that was proof positive of how ugly it can get. 

Edited by bipedalist

Hello Trogluddite,

If the neighbor happens to be AaronD then I think you can rule out the cat angle. It's too busy hiding from the dreaded worm pill. Who says cats aren't like Humans? LOL

My cat's too spoiled on bacon, pork, beef, and gravy to ever indulge in standard bag cat food. Nope, it can not be my cat! LOL 

^^^^^

Dagnabbit - possums. I knew I had forgotten a varmint....

AaronD - beautiful family Christmas picture. Merry Christmas. 

Edited by Trogluddite

Guest Boolywooger

Interesting Boolywoogger. Thanks for posting.

I have to question this though respectfully. If his theories are correct then they are bipedal apes. How do we explain their language capabilities? ....... ........I have personally heard several hours of their communications. 

How could they mate with humans and produce viable offspring?........ For that matter if Neanderthals are apes as he suggests then how does our DNA contain some of theirs?

I agree with you that his explanations are possible about where they live and why they are shy and reclusive however. More food for thought......

Well, he would say that humans are apes too.  My take-away from the video was that they are another sub-species of homo but we hairless ones were so nasty they chose to live where we weren't rather than go to the mat for the territory we chose as our own. 

Hello Troggludite,

Didn't you know? oppossums are th scapegoats of choice these days :)

Yeah, I saw your reference to 'possums in another thread, but missed whatever discussion led up to it. Too many threads and NY-Penn-WVa reports to catalogue, too few hours.