Why Is Bf So Shy/reclusive?

JanV

I propose language giving them the ability to pass critical defensive/avoidance strategies quickly. They pick up on new tools pretty quickly. Now suppose they have a few confederates among the Hss crowd feeding them information and they pass it around among themselves. It all depends on if they use language, it would open a number of possible ways for them to learn about us and our tactics.

Hmmmm. Interesting. But I don't think I would go as far as homo sapiens being confederates and feeding BF information.

I think that BF may have some form of proto language sufficient to warn themselves and offspring to avoid humans and back it up with a natural shyness, and reclusive traits. They seem to have chosen or been forced into niches that we don't normally occupy, like darkness and remote locations for the most part that keep them from being observed by most of us.

They may not permit behavior that willfully endangers the group.

I seriously doubt their ability to speak our language in any meaningful way although in times past I understand they interacted more openly with Native Americans. The fate of the Native Americans could have been a powerful incentive to have nothing to do with us.

Just some thoughts...

Guest lightheart

Booly I am with you on everything in the post except when I watched the video I thought he was saying that we are an engineered species and that we aren't primates. Maybe I didn't hear it right.  .......I was getting sleepy......LOL

Derek, in regards to your opinion that reports being mostly either mis ID,hoax,or just straight BS..i must disagree...

But also let me say that you have more experience than I,I'm sure, so i do respect you and am open to that as a possibility.

now, as to why i disagree, i personally know two close friends who had what would be considered Class A. From speaking with them as well as others i can't imagine many reports would be Mis-ID . There's just no mistaking a bear or other animal, human , .. for a squatch...

You've seen one, so who am i telling?!? Right ? Lol..

Edited by ItsAsquatch

I've just seen a lot of people throwing semi-legal jargon about and finally blew up on your post... sorry 'bout that.... :)

"Yah, MM just posted a tweet the other day alerting all Navajo's to be on the lookout for BF's that were accessing cat food on back porches of local indigenous people...... enough said."

Out of curiosity, how does one first rule out the usual suspects? Neighbor's cats, feral cats/dogs, varmints (skunk, raccoon, etc.), etc.....

ask matt moneymaker playa playa

but seriously id say findibg BF tracks leading to and from the catfood or seeing actual squatch take the cat food would rule other animals out (didn't mean to come off sarcastic) I'm just stating obvious reasons.

Edited by ItsAsquatch

Admin

If it is the nature of BF to be shy and reclusive, why do you think that is so?

Because it's ugly!  :biggrin:

It fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down...

A witness friend shared that they told her they choose not to be seen because they think their appearance will terrify us.   It has as much basis as anything else I've heard. 

MIB

Derek, in regards to your opinion that reports being mostly either mis ID,hoax,or just straight BS..i must disagree...

But also let me say that you have more experience than I,I'm sure, so i do respect you and am open to that as a possibility.

now, as to why i disagree, i personally know two close friends who had what would be considered Class A. From speaking with them as well as others i can't imagine many reports would be Mis-ID . There's just no mistaking a bear or other animal, human , .. for a squatch...

You've seen one, so who am i telling?!? Right ? Lol..

Well, I was only stating my opinion, and like I said, it's not a popular one in the BF world.  

Seeing a bear, especially if it's not a good bear sighting, can pretty easily be mistaken for a Sasquatch.  Bears do stand on their hind legs at times, and depending how they're moving through the brush, it can be deceiving.  I can tell you that on multiple occasions,  at different locations I've had witnesses swear to me they saw a Sasquatch.  After tracking the exact area they had their visual, I've found bear tracks...literally right where they said the Sasquatch was standing.....but no BF tracks.   I'm not guessing about this, I've seen it on multiple occasions. 

One time back in the 90's, I was hiking with a witness in Northern Idaho, who had found tracks there.  He was an experienced hunter with a lot of wilderness time under his belt.  As we came over a small ridge, he exclaimed.."There's a Sasquatch"!!!  I did see a large black object about 80 yards away.  I was fairly crazy back in the day, and I had my trusty vid cam in my hand, so I took off in high pursuit.  I ran directly to the spot where the black object was..( it had moved into the brush now ), and came up on it quick.  I came face to face with a very large Bull moose.  I'm not sure who was more freaked out...the Moose or me.

This is one example of MANY, where miss ID happens.  And yes, it happens all the time.

I'm not trying to sound like a know it all, but with this, I do know what I'm talking about because I've witnessed it first hand many times.  Sometimes even with very experienced woodsmen and women.

Please understand, I'm not saying that all sightings are wrong, just the majority.  After all,  I do research BF :D  

I think the other large problem is people lying about what they've seen...or at least exaggerating badly. 

Some researchers and enthusiasts want to see a Sasquatch VERY badly.  So badly sometimes, that they start seeing things that aren't there.  Pictures of brush and timber with circles drawn around the dark parts is a great example.  It's a frustrating type of research because the subject is so elusive.

DR

A witness friend shared that they told her they choose not to be seen because they think their appearance will terrify us.   It has as much basis as anything else I've heard. 

MIB

No, actually I don't think it has any basis at all.

Call me old fashioned I guess, but I just want to dismiss any explanations that any witness claims "were told" to them by BF. I can't get my head around the idea that humans successfully have speech with BF including mental communications.

Explanations from observation of behaviors and deduction, yes. Perhaps even objects like rocks and/or limbs placed in certain ways will "tell" us something if we could understand them, but that is as far as I can go at the present time.

In fact when the term witness is used in conjunction with this type of claim it throws the whole thing in doubt for me.

Guest Boolywooger

Booly I am with you on everything in the post except when I watched the video I thought he was saying that we are an engineered species and that we aren't primates. Maybe I didn't hear it right.  .......I was getting sleepy......LOL

I agree. He did believe that. But he believed the base stock was one of the homo species.

BFF Patron

This bear identification thing I find interesting. I have seen numerous wild bears and never once was at all confused as to what they are. The most frightening and brief encounter was when we both came around a corner on a human trail and were face to face about 30 feet apart. If I was going to confuse it with anything else that would have been the time. I suppose that previous more relaxed encounters with semi tame Yosemite bears conditioned me to recognize them instantly. Then again there are a lot of very near sighted people out there, some of whom are so vain that they do not like to wear glasses. My wife is an example of that when I see a deer and point it out and she cannot see the deer. People like that might have issues with identification. Eyesight is one factor that should be addressed with witnesses. Someone with poor eyesight is not going to be a good witness and interviewers should check that out during the interview process. That would be difficult with a phone interview.

ask matt moneymaker playa playa

but seriously id say findibg BF tracks leading to and from the catfood or seeing actual squatch take the cat food would rule other animals out (didn't mean to come off sarcastic) I'm just stating obvious reasons.

Itsa, 

Yeah, other than the reports, I don't frequent any other part of the BFRO website; I was just asking as the tweet seemed to equate disappearing catfood w/bigfoot - sort of like finding a styrofoam cup, with lipstick on it and 1/4 inch of coffee on a campsite picnic table and concluding, "We know bigfoot like caffeine and they must attract mates somehow - this is evidence of a bigfoot!"