Do Bigfoots Like To Play Jokes On Us?

georgerm

SSR Team

Just google things like " Apes humor "

Here's one example George.

http://news.discovery.com/human/evolution/apes-laughter-humans-evolution-120920.htm

Thanks BobbyO, and here is one statement from the site that is interesting:

"The use of language-based jokes is clearly unique to humans," Dunbar, a professor of evolutionary psychology at the University of Oxford, told Discovery News. "There is some suggestion that apes 'play practical jokes' or laugh at another's misfortune, such as the banana skin situation, but these are only casual observations."

Apes laugh when another slips and falls on a banana skin.

My unproven theory is that Bigfoots use practical jokes on humans for various reasons or immediate needs such as:

1. Test human intelligence.

2. Manipulate humans for food

3. Confuse humans to stall territorial intrusion

4. Irritate humans since we trespassed

5. Just pure humor to get a chuckle

6. any others?

SSR Team

I find that thought to understand leaf talker, especially when we are talking about an animal who, aside from food, has one and one thing only that it does with it's time, avoid human beings in any way, shape or form ( not literally ) that it can.

I believe some may interact with people, but I don't think we can say as a species in the main that they do and in fact I'd go as far to say they do the exact opposite really.

I think you are right BobbyO. In the main BF seem to be have chosen avoidance as a survival tactic.

I wonder if they deal harshly with their adults who would or do try to, as Leaftalker suggests, to connect?

BFF Patron

Witness reports from two different remote camps in different states I hear about, seem to indicate to me that rather than the humans there experimenting on the BF it is the other way around. I am not sure if humor is involved at all but the BF seem to be experimenting with human behavior at least to the point where they approach and observe, throw pine cones and pebbles, look in coolers, examine objects left out, feel tent fabric, shake cots, etc. Some gifting is involved which may be the big motivation other than curiosity. Like has been said, determining intent of a thrown pine cone cannot be done. A good experiment would be to have a mime perform for watching BF. Something simple and humorous might elicit a response. Although then you would have to interpret any sounds in response. They may not laugh like we do or their idea of humor, if they have it, could be entirely different than ours. A mime might just be a very strange acting human to them just as they seem to be to me.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

I think I've read on the BFRO where a man and woman were sitting at a bench, (I think this was in my state) by some rocks, and a BF would peep out at the female, and she would say: turn around to the hubby, and it would duck back behind the rock, this happened like 4 or 5 times, and then he got up and went behind the rock and nothing was there of course.

Also in my area, a guy was at a rock quarry in BF area, and went back to his car and his windshield wipers were 'up', he saw a BF, and drove away with them still in the 'up' position.- Think about that, that is actually funny!

Same area in general where a 'habber' got 'ill' (infrasound) and went back to his car, and the wheel fell off when he took the corner.- hilarious.

Admin

You mean like Justin Smeja?   j/k  

affe-0023.gif

I think you are right BobbyO. In the main BF seem to be have chosen avoidance as a survival tactic.

I wonder if they deal harshly with their adults who would or do try to, as Leaftalker suggests, to connect?

Good question. I imagine that happens, in some cases. There are strong indications that that does not always happen, however. Many people have had ongoing interactions with their BF neighbors over long periods of time -- some for years. The BF individuals participating in those interactions were apparently not being punished. If they had been, the interactions would presumably have stopped occurring. 

My understanding is that each BF is a unique individual, different from all other BF, just as we are all different from each other. Some of us, for example, are frightened and live together in cities, huddled against the dangers we perceive to be present in the natural world. Others of us are not so frightened, and live a completely different way. 

Some BF are afraid of us (probably the majority, I agree), but others are less so. Some are curious; others are not. Some have good senses of humor; some perhaps do not. 

But living in fear is not fun for anybody, and I think that, just as we are experimenting with ways of living without fear, they are, too. 

I once heard a story about a BF family that was interacting with a human family, and the matriarch of the BF family was reported to have broken down in tears of relief that she no longer had to live in fear of humans (or these particular humans, anyway).

I think that many of us -- people and BF -- are looking for ways to change some historical patterns that haven't been working so well for us....

SSR Team

I think you're really putting a big emphasis on them being so much like humans LT, in an awful lot of what you say.

That's cool if that's how you think about them of course, but i'm not so sure.

My belief is that they way you seem to suggest them being is more like a written story whereas i tend to look at them in a way where i think, based on decades and centuries of avoidance, these things would certainly NOT cry with relief that they don't have to fear humans any more.

If they didn't fear humans, one would be dead, simple as that.

Humans can not be trusted and the day a Sasquatch trusts a human fully is the day it slips up forever.

Sasquatches going down the road of trusting human beings is not a road that would keep them safe and not a road that would see them avoid human detection for so long, no way.

Let's think about that story, if a matriach would cry with relief that they can trust humans, that would in turn mean that the other Sasquatches would highly likely trust the humans strongly if the matriach did, even if it was specific humans.

That would lead to all kinds of problems for the Sasquatches and would also lead to discovery.

I think they may be a lot like gorillas and chimps.  Some of them avoid people; and - if there is anything behind habituators' stories, and given gorillas and chimps I see no way to rule that out - some of them just may not.

How things shake out for an individual will depend on that individual's proclivities toward humans, and on the human's preparation and willingness to do whatever the human is intent on doing.

Humans can not be trusted and the day a Sasquatch trusts a human fully is the day it slips up forever.

Some of them know who to trust and who not to trust.

But most just err on the side of caution when it comes to humans. 

Good question. I imagine that happens, in some cases. There are strong indications that that does not always happen, however. Many people have had ongoing interactions with their BF neighbors over long periods of time -- some for years. The BF individuals participating in those interactions were apparently not being punished. If they had been, the interactions would presumably have stopped occurring. 

My understanding is that each BF is a unique individual, different from all other BF, just as we are all different from each other. Some of us, for example, are frightened and live together in cities, huddled against the dangers we perceive to be present in the natural world. Others of us are not so frightened, and live a completely different way. 

Some BF are afraid of us (probably the majority, I agree), but others are less so. Some are curious; others are not. Some have good senses of humor; some perhaps do not. 

But living in fear is not fun for anybody, and I think that, just as we are experimenting with ways of living without fear, they are, too. 

I once heard a story about a BF family that was interacting with a human family, and the matriarch of the BF family was reported to have broken down in tears of relief that she no longer had to live in fear of humans (or these particular humans, anyway).

I think that many of us -- people and BF -- are looking for ways to change some historical patterns that haven't been working so well for us....

Really good answer Leaftalker.

Pranking humans can also be a way to drive humans away and not some friendly gesture. BFs seem to have a code to not harm humans but pranking is legal. Seems like they would just take us out for invading their territory. So what do they do to expess anger?............mess with us in some cases....... 

Edited by georgerm

SSR Team

Some of them know who to trust and who not to trust.

Which is no one > everyone right ?

If it wasn't, I think we would have had discovery by now.