Do Bigfoots Like To Play Jokes On Us?

georgerm

BFF Patron

Some personal effects of BF messing with me were:  

1) Had a putative Sasquatch imitate my snoring pattern in wee hours at open screened but curtained window not three feet from my head as I slept, the sudden awareness of what was happening at first resulted in an adrenaline surge and then a wry smile.  

2)  Had a putative Sasquatch place a rock in a louvered window such that I could not wind it in during the early morning hours as I routinely did on schedule (same window where snoring mimic occurred but a different night). Wry smile returned. 

3) Suspect a sasquatch that was a daywatcher placed a box turtle on the lip of a reservoir spillway which was notched for water flow and was an impossible/untenable situation for the turtle (it was trapped) as choice would be again to swim or drop four to five feet into a stream bed on rocks as the notch was too deep for it to climb out of......  Turtle would have had to have swam or tightroped to get there or be placed there by a human or primate hand or perhaps a very dexterous raccoon (lol on that one), the turtle was not there the evening before.  I thought they had picked up on my love of box turtles.  I found more box turtle shells in the woods than I had ever found in 30 years, in the five or so years surrounding that research venture. 

4) Had a suspect sasquatch recall an asymmetrical drummed rhythm I pounded out in daylight hours one time,  and six weeks later return to strum said rhythm on a bedroom screen 6 1/2 ft. off the ground.  I was audio recording from the window sill the night it occurred did not hear the final best live but had heard several other nights of successive approximations as the strummer tried to "get it right" live.  Was not sure I was not being messed with and they could have strummed it out right the first time.    

Edited by bipedalist

BFF Patron

Yes do you think the jokesters are more like a bonobo or more like a human, based on those examples?  Rhetorical question, homework.  

More like humans, definitely.  Last fall we had a thunderstorm come through our area about 4-4:30 am.  Hubby and I both were awakened by a huge clap of thunder.  We spoke to each other and before we could go back to sleep we both heard four distinct sounds of fingernails scraping the metal screen of our second story bedroom window.  I said, "what the hell is that? do you hear what I'm hearing?" and he said "yes." We checked twice with each other because we were both just dumbfounded, we knew what we heard but neither one of us wanted to open the shade and look outside to find out????  Four long, loud, hard distinct scraping noises on the screen with no trees, no nothing near the window.  We have no idea and we have talked about it a couple times since then. Think what you like about it???

BFF Patron

^ I had a similar instance late in my research efforts from another room almost like being on the second story of the house from the woodline because of the steepness of the ground from which I recorded from window sills in a more direct beeline fashion toward the mountain backdrop and woods from whence they came.  I only shared with one other person what I had experienced because it frightened me so badly (and eventually slowed my research efforts down at that site a good bit), but suffice it to say it was along the lines of your example above.  To this day, I don't know what they pulled off to accomplish what sounded like them being 20 ft. off the ground at the window.  But it was sufficiently convincing to reorient my priorities for a lengthy temporary period. 

To this day, I don't know what they pulled off to accomplish what sounded like them being 20 ft. off the ground at the window.  But it was sufficiently convincing to reorient my priorities for a lengthy temporary period. 

I'm guessing it was probably the same thing that they pulled off when they peeped in my window that's 15' above ground level.

And that's nothing compared to what the one pulled off at my second story bedroom window.

They have "talents".

• Upvote 2

Regarding "playing tricks" ... that requires some interpretation on our part.   Tricks points to humor and humor requires a cultural context since different cultures find different things funny.   Providing stimulii to assess our reactions ... most likely.  Whether it is "humor" or not requires crawling out the limb a little farther.

I would recommend caution in interpretation of "jokes."   I would recommend caution in returning "jokes".   Could go badly wrong.

We have to make assumptions and we have to interpret, there's no progress without those, but we need to keep a clear eye on what it is we are assuming and what interpretations we are making so we don't slip up and allow them to become something else, something akin to doctrine or dogma.  Their validity is part of what we need to test, it's not the basis for evaluating the results of the test. 

MIB

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

One thing that happened to me that was not a trick/joke but a fairly skillful act was when I was making food drops in a rainy environment.  

I would sometimes leave bread bags loosely knotted and retrieve said bags sans food, unknotted and on the ground on nearly a daily basis.  

Well one retrieval day, I walked up to the bread bag on the ground below the drop site and it was completely filled with urine, not in the bag but perfectly loaded up on top of the bag so as to make a good-sized puddle.  It was highly pungent and it definitely was a signal sort of like a wake up call, but it wasn't wake up and smell the coffee, lol.  

Sasfooty, It still makes my head hurt when I think of what goes on at your house lol.  The thoughts in my head do not seem logical as I am a logical thinking type person and will consider all when trying to figure this out.  Did they have a ladder, did they stand on each other's shoulders, (possible) did they jump that high, (possible) did they do the "unthinkable" lol  (remember we discussed most of this)???  Only when you try to test these out does the situation get more and more frustrating because then the next question....why????  Jokesters again?

Oi Vay, then there is the trip to my friend's house in MS.  Too many weird things, too little time.  The morning we left, someone had left a present on the tire which drippled all the way down onto the wheel.  I had dogs, big dogs, and none of them could have reached that high on this SUV tire.  It started on the top of the tire and gravity took care of the rest.  It was extremely obvious to us what was going on.  That was in our minds a "joke" or was someone marking the vehicle??

Bipedalist, I've head of them marking places but the bread bag is a new one.

• Upvote 1

The other critter to rule out would be cats, maybe even possums and raccoons, I've come up to my vehicle and found a cat sleeping on top of the tire, I've also seen a raccoon scooting away from other side of vehicle like it was up in the wheel well somewhere. 

Cats like to scratch so that doesn't fit, maybe other critters but the amount and the angle is what was so telling.   But I agree it's possible.  The history of the place is off the charts...........

Sasfooty, It still makes my head hurt when I think of what goes on at your house lol.  The thoughts in my head do not seem logical as I am a logical thinking type person and will consider all when trying to figure this out.  Did they have a ladder, did they stand on each other's shoulders, (possible) did they jump that high, (possible) did they do the "unthinkable" lol  (remember we discussed most of this)???  Only when you try to test these out does the situation get more and more frustrating because then the next question....why????  Jokesters again?

:biggrin: Yes, I do remember that discussion, Sunflower.   :wizard: 

Regarding "playing tricks" ... that requires some interpretation on our part.   Tricks points to humor and humor requires a cultural context since different cultures find different things funny.   Providing stimulii to assess our reactions ... most likely.  Whether it is "humor" or not requires crawling out the limb a little farther.

I would recommend caution in interpretation of "jokes."   I would recommend caution in returning "jokes".   Could go badly wrong.

MIB

Several of the "jokes" that they have played on me were easy to interpret because they were actually funny, even to me. Some others, I didn't find too amusing at the time, but I could feel humor in the emotions that were coming from them. A couple of times, I asked "Who did that???" & heard a throaty laugh.

The only ones that ever played jokes on me were the ones that were the friendliest & that I liked the most. A few times they even helped me play some jokes on Hubby when he really needed it.

It never occurred to me to try returning any jokes. It wouldn't be worth the trouble, because the odds of it working are billions to one. Whoever writes those Jacks Links commercials has obviously never met a real Sasquatch.

Think that is the first time I've heard anyone refer to a laughing BF Sas.

Has there been any other documented encounters which mentioned a Sniggering Sasquatch or chuckling booger?

Seriously though I read an article recently which discussed the reasons why Asian apes laugh for different reasons that African apes. Fascinating stuff.

Guest Divergent1

All joking aside, if I was the ongoing butt of a sasquatch joke, experiment, whatever you want to call it, I think I would move. Why would anyone put up with it?