Do Bigfoots Like To Play Jokes On Us?

georgerm

My family has been living on this land for over 150 years, & we bought a piece of it & built this house ourselves. It has never occurred to us to move because of whatever is going on here. It would take a lot more than a few sasquatch jokes to move us off.

Mostly, I've enjoyed their fun & games & we get along fine. Although there have been a few scary incidents, they were good lessons for us. I found that many of the things that I thought of as aggression at first, were actually the young ones just playing. We learned how to interpret their activities & defend ourselves when necessary & are not easy to scare today.

Others' MMV.

• Upvote 1

Guest Divergent1

To each his own, it's one thing to put up with that yourself but what kind of effect did living in this situation have on your children? Were you ever hesitant to let them roam free on the land?

Edited by Divergent1

BFF Patron

All joking aside, if I was the ongoing butt of a sasquatch joke, experiment, whatever you want to call it, I think I would move. Why would anyone put up with it?

When the Falcon Project publishes the humorous anecdotes that befall the ground team along with their finds and good research evidence, get back to us.   Naturalistic behavior befalls those that are in a position to collect it.  Not everybody does, but I think everybody tries to gain some small pieces of evidence without quashing the phenomenon.  A few of these habituations may have already produced but the evidence is simply not shared for whatever reason.  

To each his own, it's one thing to put up with that yourself but what kind of effect did living in this situation have on your children? Were you ever hesitant to let them roam free on the land?

By the time the BFs made themselves known, we didn't have any children still at home.

One of the grandsons was about 9 & staying here most of the time when we realized we had BFs around. He went wherever he wanted to on the place & was never scared of them. He could do a perfect imitation of a young one whooping. He's 18 now & hasn't been damaged by them as far as I can tell.

Guest Divergent1

I wouldn't think that he would but some are not so nice, especially those targeting certain humans for attention. As someone previously said, we might interpret it as joking but who knows what kind of message they are trying to send. The incident where the girl buried her dead kitten and it was removed comes to mind. I think the culprit responsible left something weird in it's place but I can't recall now what it was, at any rate, it upset the little girl.

When the Falcon Project publishes the humorous anecdotes that befall the ground team along with their finds and good research evidence, get back to us.   Naturalistic behavior befalls those that are in a position to collect it.  Not everybody does, but I think everybody tries to gain some small pieces of evidence without quashing the phenomenon.  A few of these habituations may have already produced but the evidence is simply not shared for whatever reason.  

I would if I knew what you were talking about. When you are ready to explain or direct me to the info, get back to me.

Sasfooty, do you think they were always there and weren't noticed or did the neighbors move in after your children were grown?

After thinking about some of the things that they've done, I think they've always been around, even when I was a kid.

BFF Patron

I wouldn't think that he would but some are not so nice, especially those targeting certain humans for attention. As someone previously said, we might interpret it as joking but who knows what kind of message they are trying to send. The incident where the girl buried her dead kitten and it was removed comes to mind. I think the culprit responsible left something weird in it's place but I can't recall now what it was, at any rate, it upset the little girl.

I would if I knew what you were talking about. When you are ready to explain or direct me to the info, get back to me.

Sasfooty, do you think they were always there and weren't noticed or did the neighbors move in after your children were grown?

People put up with it (the phenomenon) because it gets them closer to 1) personal evidence  2) others they might share with that have insight into what that evidence might be scientifically.  

All joking aside, if I was the ongoing butt of a sasquatch joke, experiment, whatever you want to call it, I think I would move. Why would anyone put up with it?

You asked why would anybody put up with BF jokes, I simply answered and "got back to you", no mystery to that.  Check your previous posts and questions or rhetorical questions whatever they might be. 

Edited by bipedalist

Guest Divergent1

My questions aren't rhetorical. You referred to some data from the Falcon Project, I don't know what that is or where to find it.

Edited by Divergent1

BFF Patron

That is prospective data, they will be collecting for 6 month periods on the ground, I am giving them credit in advance of their discoveries.  It is called I have faith.  

Guest Divergent1

OK, then why did you bring it up in this thread about bigfoot playing jokes? I've obviously missed the point some where along the line. I'm sure that won't be the last time that happens here.

BFF Patron

deleted, what's the point, guess some divergence is never going to have convergence, so to speak, next

Edited by bipedalist

• 1 month later...

The only ones that ever played jokes on me were the ones that were the friendliest & that I liked the most. A few times they even helped me play some jokes on Hubby when he really needed it.

OK, that's pretty funny. I don't know how I missed this thread, it's great.

So I've been audio recording frequently for ~ six months, and have lots of strange sounds, but I recorded something funny a couple weeks ago. It was a series of taps on the recorder itself, which I replicated by using a small rock and tapping it lightly. There was no rain or wind. Approximately 11 pm, four taps, nearly 12, four taps, about 1:30 am, three quite deliberate taps. Raised my eyebrows, for sure. Curiosity or "we know that you know"? LOL

BFF Patron

Whatever it is they are not afraid of audiorecorders, I have had run-bys very close to them and also poking, prodding, sniffing as well.  I even had a lost recorder returned to me in a manner very peculiar.  Perhaps if someone could engineer a very tiny keyhole camera into one of these it might seal the deal, but they are so risk averse to those lenses, I doubt it. 

Edited by bipedalist

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, a friend had a recorder taken and then returned months later in a very unusual way too!  Neither one of us could figure it out, however, we had several ideas....