Where Do The Big Dudes Really Live?

Guest StevieStrangeGlove94

Just got done watching tonights finding bigfoot. For those who didnt catch it the team was in kansas. Not what one would call bigfoot territory at all. Infact theyve been a number of places that i could not for the life of me imagine an 8 foot tall ape living and hiding in. Which leads me to my question. Where do or could they live?? Obviusly if they do indeed exist, thier largest populations are scattered across the northwest. Washington, oregon, california, alaska, BC etc. but where else?? IMO there could be sizable populations within the great lakes/north woods. Also specific areas in the south and appilachia. But what do you guys think?

SSR Team

I saw one in Florida, that freaks me out badly every day and always will given the location of Florida and everything that's inbetween it.

Just got done watching tonights finding bigfoot. For those who didnt catch it the team was in kansas. Not what one would call bigfoot territory at all. Infact theyve been a number of places that i could not for the life of me imagine an 8 foot tall ape living and hiding in. Which leads me to my question. Where do or could they live?? Obviusly if they do indeed exist, thier largest populations are scattered across the northwest. Washington, oregon, california, alaska, BC etc. but where else?? IMO there could be sizable populations within the great lakes/north woods. Also specific areas in the south and appilachia. But what do you guys think?

I've been testing the idea they could be in places like Kansas or the Oklahoma plains. Many folks I know say they do. There are documented tracks, photo's and hair samples collected in the later. Still need to verify some results on the hair samples.

• Upvote 1

There is a population in the great lakes region, here in Michigan most of this population seems to be in the upper half of the lower pen and in the UP. 

In Michigan the features that seem to define where they live and where they don't seems to be a sweet mix of expansive coniferous swamp forest, river systems and farmland being rammed up against the side of such habitat.

I have no idea how they may exist in other open/farm states like Kansas as long term habitat but I have a hunch that males passing through the states like this to find good territory may account for river path sightings and backyard crossing track ways.

Edited by NathanFooter

IMO, I think 99% of the time that bigfoot lives in the imagination.

So there is a 1% percent chance that you might have had an encounter with one after all, right? Just curious about the circumstances wherein you were "not sure" whether you had an encounter or not? (With the odds you mentioned, your "not sure" encounter  was probably nothing but a Tufted Titmouse or a Chipmunk going about their business. Those critters can be spooky at times.)

Admin

I saw one in Florida, that freaks me out badly every day and always will given the location of Florida and everything that's inbetween it.

So, your a knower, huh? Is your encounter anywhere on the Forum? I envy knowers, heck I would like to hear something or find a print, anything Bigfooty.

All they need is a steady supply of water and protein, they can forage on numerous types of vegetation, and a place to rest/nest during the day. There are places that fit that description in non traditional locations. Here in Kansas, European settlers have been here a couple hundred years, before that bf had 15,000 years with millions of critters on the plain. I suspect they were here then?

I spend a lot of time in Northern Michigan. 

There aren't any Bigfoots there.

Fantastic breweries, wineries, ski hills, hunting spots, hiking trails, fishing locations, resorts, and fudge shops.

But alas, no Bigfoots.

Michigan at one time hunted all the deer, bear, wolves, moose, elk, cougar to near exterpation, and cut down all of the White Pine trees for lumber, causing the extinction of the Grayling, and Brook Trout, extreme trauma to the flora and fauna of Northern Michigan, and somehow the Bigfoots were unaffected by this.

I deffinetley think theres strong populations in the south. Texas, arkansas, mississippi,florida and yes even in oklahoma. Which in turn would mean that they could and probably do use kansas as a pathway of sorts. Maybe even a place to retire lol. But still, i cant imagine tham flourishing in kansas at all. I guess i dont know the state to well so only you kansas locals can say or not if thier living there. Thanks for the input everyone!

Bobby where did u see it?

About the only place I know of that doesn't have boogers is eastern North Dakota.  My buddy NDT (North Dakota Terminator) lives there and he says it's the "Bigfoot Free Zone".  Some of the larger, really habitat deprived desert areas of southern CA, UT, and NV are probably also BFZ's.  I believe that if you look hard enough, you can find them in every state except Hawaii, even if just passing through or looking for new territory.  BF in a hula skirt would look pretty ridiculous......  :tease:

@Drew - just like Oklahoma?  All of the trees were cut down at once, leaving a barren wasteland?

How come all of the other animals didn't become extinct?  You use the word 'almost'.....

Maybe BF was just like the other animals that rebounded?  Or do you feel that loggers can clear cut faster than an animal can walk?

I spend a lot of time in Northern Michigan. 

There aren't any Bigfoots there.

Fantastic breweries, wineries, ski hills, hunting spots, hiking trails, fishing locations, resorts, and fudge shops.

But alas, no Bigfoots.

Michigan at one time hunted all the deer, bear, wolves, moose, elk, cougar to near exterpation, and cut down all of the White Pine trees for lumber, causing the extinction of the Grayling, and Brook Trout, extreme trauma to the flora and fauna of Northern Michigan, and somehow the Bigfoots were unaffected by this.

One of my friend's family is from near Atlanta, MI, and they have a hunting lodge waaaaaay out in the boonies from there.  They're believers, but there aren't any boogers in the area, according to them.  Unfortunately nowadays, also very few deer, due to the spread of CWD into the area.