Where Do The Big Dudes Really Live?

Guest StevieStrangeGlove94

Bobby o, spot on man. I myself think they could live through out washingtons NFs. Specially the olympics and cascades. I also know of some people whove heard tham in the blues out of walla walla.

Yea i think it was meldrum. Me and some buddies are headin up to the blues later this year for a backpacking trip. Hopefully the BFs are around lol

• Upvote 1

^I've an interesting second hand story that Meldrum recounted years back about his experiences in the Blue Mountains.

The rumors of his recent admission of a Class A sighting were interesting to me.

Though supposedly it happened in a different area....

Hey, good luck and listen for teeth chatter!

Please do tell the story. If you want i mean lol. Havent heard that rumor yet either? Sounds very intresting. Meldrums the man!

^I'll fire off a PM shortly.

Let's just say for the rest of the folks that for years I've suspected Meldrum has not let on to everything he's experienced.

SSR Team

Include me please Mr Cotter, I'd be really interested in tat, thanks..;)

You can count the Pisgah National Forest, Uwharrie National Forest, probably Great Swamp, and on rare occasion my front yard and surrounding neighborhood in NC.

I had an experience in the Pisgah National Forest a long time ago, not very far from Looking Glass Rock. It was a scream at 3:AM while me and a group of friends were camping. Years later I heard the same scream on something called the Sierra Sounds.

Hello Cotter,

^I've an interesting second hand story that Meldrum..... The rumors of his recent admission of a Class A sighting were interesting to me...

May I ask the source of these "rumors"?

Egads.

Drew thinks large terrestrial mammals are trees......

By using his logic IF all large mammals were driven to extinction? What are they doing there now? That's impossible!!!!

Wolves came back through Minnesota, they keep tabs on them.  They were totally wiped out in Michigan.

Deer were hunted for meat until they dwindled to near zero, deforestation actually made Michigan more hospitable to deer, hunting regulations allowed them to rebound.

Elk were reintroduced from a Rocky Mountain Elk herd.

Moose were reintroduced from Canadian Stocks

Male Cougars are starting to trickle back in from the Dakotas

Bison have not returned

Black Bear were pushed into the far northern corners of the state, and are only now returning to southern Michigan.

@Hiflier - Well, it's been reported by 'he who shall not be mentioned'.  (I hope that's good enough for you to figger out, if not, PM me)

Some of the details were different than what I heard oh...7 or so years ago....but interesting none-the-less.

Edit - @ Drew

How come BF couldn't rebound along with those other animals that were able to?

How come BF didn't get killed and eaten, and made into jackets and decorations?

The Bear and the Deer were the only ones still here.  Surely an 8-10 foot tall biped would have a more difficult time avoiding hunters than a 150 pound whitetail deer.

A large primate would have a much slower reproductive cycle than a bear or a deer as well.

Assuming a BF had the equivalent intelligence and sensory abilities as a whitetail I would agree with you.  But I don't think you can say that with any confidence.

Humans can reproduce 1 or 2 offspring every 10 months (that's with a 1 month break before re-pregnancy - other primates are not as long).  A white-tail can produce the same number of offspring every 12 months.....so....a determined BF group (assuming a similar gestation period) could out populate a white tail group if starting out with the same number of fertile participants, no?

How come BF didn't get killed and eaten, and made into jackets and decorations?

The Bear and the Deer were the only ones still here.  Surely an 8-10 foot tall biped would have a more difficult time avoiding hunters than a 150 pound whitetail deer.

A large primate would have a much slower reproductive cycle than a bear or a deer as well.

It sounds like you are making the assumption that the sasquatch is no more intelligent than deer or a bear, have you ever thought that ,, IF ,, the Sasquatch exists it is not just an ape { and even then, apes are far more intelligent than a bear or deer } ?

To run with your line of thought, the sasquatch could have migrated when food and cover resources where becoming  low, do you really believe that the sasquatch could not renter the state and repopulate if such happened ? 

To also expand upon the note about wolves and cougars, both of these species are in the northern lower pen of Michigan.

I saw one in Florida, that freaks me out badly every day and always will given the location of Florida and everything that's inbetween it.

The thing about Florida is that over 50% of the land is undeveloped and protected. If you go a mile off the beaten path you are in primordial forest or swamp. The one I saw was on the Wekiwa River, which is close to civilization but if you canoe it you see the Florida Ponce deLeon saw.