Where Do The Big Dudes Really Live?

Guest StevieStrangeGlove94

Guest zenmonkey

Thats a very hard question. Ya I think the kansas episode was a wash myself...well most of them are lol. They did a central OK episode I wish they'd do a south eastern OK episode as well. I think it'd blow a lot of peoples ideas about oklahoma out of the water.  BTW am I the only person who doesn't get behind the whole chasing down deer and elk theory??

^Not entirely.

I'd think if they're in an area, and they eat deer, the first thing you'd notice is a lack of road kill long before someone would see one chasing a deer down....

But, hard tellin' really.

^^ Well if humans can do that (and they can), maybe a BF can too. After all, they can run faster than we can.

There is also that book "Born to Run' By Christopher McDougall; fascinating!

Guest JiggyPotamus

I think that if we know what they need to survive, we will be better equipped to answer that question. Obviously they need food and water, but aside from that, what else? Solitude would probably come to everyone's mind. But I want to make it clear that I do not believe that just because they need or prefer solitude, they automatically avoid areas that have any sign of a human presence. It is one thing to "live" in an area where there are little or no people, and another thing entirely to "pass through" or visit an area that we might not think a sasquatch would naturally wish to go.

There is a decent correlation between sightings and large tracts of wooded land. So I would think that these animals would be most abundantly found in national forests, or other very large swathes of forestland. This would mean they are probably in almost all the states of the continental US. I have wondered, however, whether the animals have spread out so much because there are so many of them, meaning they all cannot live in the PNW, where they likely first came to North America, or if they just move around a lot by their nature.

It is probably the latter, although they could very well be seeking solitude from one another, aside from their families. Actually, this would explain better why they avoid humans. I mean if they avoid each other, then surely they will avoid us. Not to say they are afraid of us or one another, but it is more likely instinctual as opposed to a learned behavior, but it could be the other way around, or a little of both.

But to stay on track here, I think the best answer to your question will come in the form of sighting reports. Look at the BFRO database for instance, and note where all the sightings are. If there are a ton of sightings from an area, you can rest assured that there is a sasquatch presence. So this way you will have a good idea as to where people are seeing them. If however there are only one or two reports for a large region, then we cannot say for certain whether this represents a larger population, since we don't have a large enough dataset for that area. But if there are not a lot of sightings because people rarely go there, then this could be a viable alternative explanation.

We've had a number of interesting A & B encounters in Montana over the last four years or so. I and my closest neighbor had our homes slapped in '09. We have large population of mulies and white tail here in the Elkhorn Mountains, as well as the namesake critters.

Edited by Airdale

Drew, you say there are no Bigfoots in Northern Michigan, how do you know this ?

Apparently the Sasquatch do not know of this fact. LOL

I am also curious to know what area you call North Woods.

If you are seriously interested in looking into some good areas please let me know.

SSR Team

IMO, I think 99% of the time that bigfoot lives in the imagination.

Honest question, why 99% and not 100% ?

And if Sasquatch exists 1% of the time, why not 67% of the time for example ?

So, your a knower, huh? Is your encounter anywhere on the Forum? I envy knowers, heck I would like to hear something or find a print, anything Bigfooty.

No never posted it publicly WV, only started being open ( kind of ) about it in the last two or three years writing it a few times for people that asked in Pm's etc and still now I'm not entirely comfortable talking about it for some reason.

Weird I know, but that's just how it is.

Good for you, BobbyO. Not weird at all. It's your privilege and your right to disclose however much or however little you want to, and on whatever schedule you choose (as you know).  :)

AZ has a few recorded sightings. The state is not all desert.

I have heard that there is some really stunning forest and mountains out there.

By the way I read from you information here that you are getting started in field research and I just wanted to say I am glad there are others out there getting involved in true field work.   I wish you the best of luck and will be reading frequently on anything you wish to share in the future. 

SSR Team

Biggest Pine Forest in North America in AZ I think I read recently ?

And that Mogollom Rim looks stunning, my old man is there right now ( not on the rim, but in AZ ) playing Golf..

Guest StevieStrangeGlove94

I am also curious to know what area you call North Woods.

If you are seriously interested in looking into some good areas please let me know.

im mostly referring to new york, and maine. But i suppose they could be in the surrounding states as well. New hampshire, quebec etc. the north woods are vast to say the least.