What Are You Saying When You Howl At Bf?

Hammer102492

Guest LarryP

Probably would be a good idea to NOT howl and whoop.  We don't have any idea yet what that means. 

A howl is one thing, but a whoop is another.

My experience has been that a whoop is like a hello. The reason I say that is because I've exchanged whoops with them on a number of occasions and they seemed to really get into it.

There was one particular night where I could have stayed up all night exchanging various types of whoops with them. But I finally got too tired and just went to bed.

Edited by LarryP

That's very cool Larry!

Good to know because I have sent out whoops from timeto time. I never got any response but at least I was saying hello instead of something else.

Good thoughts everyone. I'll keep listening to you all.

Mr. Roger's neighborhood comment cracks me up. BFs howl and humans sing. Sounds right. I'm sure it would sound funny for us to hear BFs singing.

I'm sorry; what about Mr Roger's Neighborhood?

Lightheart said in an earlier post that he sings Mr. Rogers neighborhood when he goes into the forest where he believes BF are so they are aware of him.

Guest lightheart

Yes it is sad that he passed on.

He gave a lot of kids  a very special experience with his gentle voice and kindness all those years. Anyway,..........back on topic.

Edited by lightheart

Sorry Lightheart!

I saw Mr. Rogers on a late night talk show many years ago, and while the audience was kind of laughing at him, he never broke character.

He only lived 45 min. from me but I never got to meet him :( Ok, back to howls and what they possibly mean to a squatch.....

I don't do anything to try and imitate them. I think that may tick them off. You can fool them once but not twice. The only sounds I make is to let them know who I am and that I am there or coming. I use a slide whistle and I make the same sound each time.

Edited by OHZoologist

Too funny!

Yeah, I think we peod a big one here with my brother in law's call Memorial Day weekend last year. No one had ever called a Ssq around here before that. I didn't even know that they were even in Ohio until I saw one two weeks before that. He screamed back at us, and we couldn't believe it, so my bro did it again, and what came back to us blew our living socks off. It sounded mad as all get out, like "oh yeah? I'm the king around here!!". We dont make any more calls.

However, Labor Day weekend we asked my bro in law to call it again and he did so reluctantly. It wasn't a good call by him, maybe not enough beers, but the next night it showed up at our campsite and our friend watched it for 7 minutes watching us.

So I do think they come around just to see who is making sounds.

Guest keninsc

That's the thing with Bigfoots and calling out randomly. We have no idea what those calls mean to a Bigfoot. Sometimes people get a response but tell the truth how do you know it isn't another Bigfoot enthusiast calling back to you?