A Closer Look

yowiie

Without the BS, how many members on this forum have had an encounter within 50m

I realise there are a few that will put there hand up and have never ventured out of there lounge room , but I would like truthfull answers

Yeah, I know its a forum, people can say anything.

That's the way it goes

Here is a link to my encounter. The FB/FB links no longer work. So this is about 8 feet.

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/29115-colorado-sighting-of-two-bf-in-the-road/

25 yards, BFRO #38155.  You will also have some who will not raise their hand to this request since they have done so enough and don't really want to make a point of it...

SSR Team

Yeah daylight, unobstructed, about 30 yards or so or close to that..

Not far anyway.

Ages ago, early to mid 90's and i never took note as i was only a Kid ( 14 or thereabouts ) and never ever talked or wrote about it up until a couple of years back on here.

Not a clear view, but I was tracking what at the time thought is was a person who for some reason was barefoot in a place no one would be barefoot. Heard something behind me and turned around and there it was partially obscured by brush. It was about 40ft from me. It wasn't a person and at the time I really didn't know anything about sasquatch. I think I might have read about it at sometime but thought it was in the pacific northwest and I was in appalachia. That was 30 years ago.

I wanted to add that after see it and not knowing what I saw, it moved away until I couldn't see it, so I went back to following the track and it never backtracked to the place I saw the one I saw. I lost the track after about 1/4 mile. I went back to were I saw it and those tracks I could only follow about 100ft in both directions.

Edited by catt.thre

BFF Patron

Six feet, nocturnal, directly approached veered off at last second.  Smallish <5 ft. individual seen under total dark adaptation of nearly one hour. 

Guest Crowlogic

No never.  But did once see very large foot prints across the floor of a sand mining operation near my home as a kid.  Happened only once a curious event.

SSR Team

Only encountered a smell once, never saw anything or found any prints.

You didn't happen to be in the toilet at the time Ken did you ?

• Upvote 1

Guest keninsc

You didn't happen to be in the toilet at the time Ken did you ?

I've been known to clear whole latrines in my day and had guys crying for a "mercy flush". However, this was a pungent body odor not fecal. I often use the analogy of it smelling like a dozen Frenchmen who hadn't bathed in a week after playing soccer. 

Edited by keninsc

I've been known to clear whole latrines in my day and had guys crying for a "mercy flush". However, this was a pungent body odor not fecal. I often use the analogy of it smelling like a dozen Frenchmen who hadn't bathed in a week after playing soccer. 

Just curious, have you ever smelled a bear from the brown family in its natural habitat? It smells like a bakers dozen Frenchmen who hadn't bathed in two weeks after biking the Tour de France. In all seriousness, I think many squatch smell confusions are from people who do not know the smell of carnivorous bears. Not saying that is the case, but is that possible?

Guest keninsc

I have not smelled a brown bear. Haven't ever encountered one of them in my hiking around. I did find a grizzly skeleton once, but it was nothing but bones when I found it.

I think it's been interesting that some of talk about a nasty smell and some don't. I sort of wondered if maybe it had yo do with mating or territory marking or something like that.